The like and get likes thread

10 Likes
10 Likes

The whole progression of the art of advertising is to bring publicity to where there wasn’t. Facebook is not a surveillance company, it’s a publicity company. They look for data leading to sell stuff to their users.

9 Likes

Facebook isn’t selling anything to its “users”. They’re selling the data of their “users”. That is literally what a surveillance company does. They just rebranded it as social media, because nobody in their right mind would willingly hand over all their data when it literally says it’s a surveillance company.

10 Likes

Also, good morning LAGLers!

9 Likes

Without the social part they would have no data at all. Snowden is mistaking cause and effect: the social media is the cause to the effect of data being traded. Facebook wasn’t even publicly accesible until 2006.

9 Likes

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=16616095

9 Likes

https://www.sciencealert.com/stephen-hawking-submitted-a-paper-on-parallel-universes-just-before-he-died

https://arxiv.org/abs/1707.07702v2

9 Likes

It’s illegal to attack countries like that , to impose their will.
It’s protected by international law and treaties, amongst other things, not to say allies.
That was one of the problem in WWII, since, although, some did wrongs, other wrongs were done against them, to justify it.
That’s when conflicts or worst conflicts ever are agreed on to occur.

Wernher Von Braun The Man Who Conquered Space Documentary

9 Likes

Thank you. I think no matter how much I disable the update,Microsoft will force through it. It is fine as long as it doesn’t prevent me from using my PC.

10 Likes

Tired of being a crash test dummy for Microsoft? Discover Linux.

10 Likes

Social media are terms coined for networks systems.
If I start a data company to collect and gather clients data such as their age, address, phone numbers, amounts and frequency of trades, logins, visits, and sort them from analysis , I may be obligated to keep security for that sharing of info up to a certain amount of years, and then discard it, so that no-one else can use it, and that I don’t have to pay security costs to keep it secured.
If I sell it, or part of it, so that other companies can use it, it may be the cause for other contracts to get in effect.
Those clauses stating the company to agree with the contract offer by submitting an agreement confirmation at the click of a button can offer the data for sale to 3rd or 4th or other parties and share it with them or other is one of those cause and effect.
Even the fact that company shares this for generation while some are not getting benefit from this is ground for concern, when they may be target for damage caused to their lively-hood either directly or indirectly.

It turns out those data are used in courts for financial systems and psychological markets created by the same networks.

9 Likes

Isn’t that Windows 10?

9 Likes

When you read all the fantasy books and think that adventures are fun and all

But then u go on it and forget your handkerchief

9 Likes

“Fanta Sea” is the correct spelling I think.

9 Likes

If anything, this Google vs. Amazon war is funny to watch. I hope they kill each other.

10 Likes

Meanwhile in World of Warships…

April Fools’ 2018. :grin:

9 Likes

Just resubbed my accounts

8 Likes

It’s so dirty :scream:

9 Likes

Wow, it looks so unrealistic, but also so fantastically gorgeous, and those sounds, music! :scream:

Anyway, waiting for CCP to change our spaceships into submarines now…

And pet otters in space please CCP.

9 Likes