The Maze (Guristas 10/10): HM or HAM Tengu?

Seen different fits for the maze, some with HMs, and some with HAMs. Just wanted to ask which one is most likely going to work better, and if you could provide a fit, that’d be awesome.

This is my best attempt at a fit so far. I use HMs because I have those at T2 already: https://o.smium.org/loadout/private/149167/8575808994319269888

Cheers o7

1 Like

Lol you sure made it blingy.
Will work just fine

2 Likes

I know you’re fitting resistance specifically for Guristas but personally I prefer to plug the EM hole in the shield. Actually as an explorer I prefer to have Omni-Resists on my ships. Always be prepared and expect the unexpected.

Anyway, with the stacking penalty on the Ballistic Control Systems I’m not sure if the 4th mod is actually needed when something more beneficial could be used.

Maybe change Rigs to get Omni-Resists and then add an Invulnerability Field and Damage Control Module, might need to include a Cap Battery or Booster to make it Cap Stable.

On my Loki T3 Cruiser, I use a Large Shield Booster and CCC rigs to make it Cap Stable.

Edit:
Was messing around a bit with this fit:
https://o.smium.org/loadout/149199

1 Like

It’s a great all-round fit you have there, but for Guristas, it tanks half as much damage and deals around 100dps less, while costing 2 billion isk more.

Is your fit meant for general-purpose, or for the maze specifically? Also, interesting that you go with HMs as well.

Please correct me where I’m wrong

1 Like

I didn’t spend a lot of time on it, basically it’s for general purpose.

If you change the Defense stats from Uniform to Guristas Faction the EHP’s is 31k which you can probably increase by changing out the EM Ward mod. I went with HML’s because you had access to T2’s, with more time messing around with it I could probably raise the DPS. If price is an issue you can change out some of the Deadspace / Storyline / Faction mods for T2, for example the cloak mod.

Plus you can always use Hardwiring Implants to increase ship stats.

1 Like

Heavy missiles best missiles.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. I’ll do some tinkering. It’s a great all-purpose fit anyway, might use that.

1 Like

You should! The last room in The Maze will web you down to 2m/s and drop EM citadel torpedoes on you.

2 Likes

https://o.smium.org/loadout/private/149254/916668182721200128

This fit has the EM hole plugged while still having decent resists. Reckon this will do alright? Cheers for all your help, by the way.

1 Like

I guess the Cov Ops Cloak is fit there for travel so you don’t have to take up space in cargo hold. I usually do stealth travel, regardless of the system security status.

On my Loki T3 Cruiser, I carry two small secure containers in cargo hold that are filled with munitions and various modules for use with the extra three sub systems I have stored in the sub hold.

1 Like

Protues doing Maze in 12minutes with drones. Ishtar with awesome skills - 9.30 sec.
Tengu just useless, ez pz

Mind sharing the Proteus fit?

1 Like

Nothing special, something like this, ive done before rebalance, but found similar.

Core X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Core X-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Core X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Centum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Imperial Navy Drone Damage Amplifier
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Thukker Large Cap Battery
Republic Fleet 10MN Afterburner
Cap Recharger II
[Empty Med slot]

Dread Guristas Medium Graviton Smartbomb
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II /OFFLINE
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II
Medium Nanobot Accelerator II

Proteus Offensive - Drone Synthesis Projector
Proteus Propulsion - Hyperspatial Optimization
Proteus Defensive - Nanobot Injector
Proteus Core - Augmented Fusion Reactor

Wasp II x1
Vespa II x2
Hornet II x1
Gecko x1

I was using with faction drones cause they are more "fat"
And I hope u know how to warp thro gates(if we are talking about gated maze)
Smartbombs you need to use I’n last pocket vs web frigs.

Ez pz, if you lucky - 12min/maze, unlucky 18mins maze - depends on will be your scrabmbled by frigs at 1/2/3 gate

Probably now it will be even more easier, all you need - high resists in Kin/Thermal so npc will dmg you for 1-5dmg :slight_smile:

and to think its 10/10… just one more fine example of CCP failures :slight_smile:

1 Like

The DED 10/10 were in New Eden long before the empires got sleeper tech.

They were soloed by ishtars then, tengu is just faster at that.
Its actually a great example how game breaking T2 resists are in pve side of things.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.