The new EVE Online launcher Beta

It’s not horrible, and I’m old and not a big fan of changing things I’m already familiar with. I love the launch straight to a character option though, and I like you that you can drag and resort the accounts. A few suggestions at first glance.

1: One of the accounts is expanded by default and whichever one you’ve selected stays expanded even if you click off of it. I’d like it if they were all collapsed on launch and that it would re-collapse if you click off of (de-select) that account. I think this would be an improved default behavior but if not at least it could be part of a compact mode option.

2: Provide an option for some kind of a more compact mode, like maybe they character portraits only show if you select an account to expand it. Like I’d love it if the account name was shown with the launch account button next to the account name on each account much like the current launcher. This way the same current functionality still exists in the new launcher while providing the new feature to launch to a specific character when you click that account to expand it which shows the character portraits in the drop-down. This would allow more accounts to be displayed at once (nearly all eve players love seeing more rather than less info in the same space) without making the launcher full-screen which brings to my next suggestion.

3: If suggestion 2 didn’t exist then; make the account name slightly more visible.

4: Make the launcher resizable

5: Last and least. It’s not that big of a deal, but one the current launcher I can launch a group in 2 clicks the new launcher requires 3 clicks. Not a big deal, but it’s just a downgrade for functionality in an upgraded launcher.

1 Like