The new Guristas event site(s)

Some more data:

• Rats deal 100% kinetic damage with missiles (tested with Reactive Armor Hardener)
  • Rats have 0 resists against kinetic damage
  • Frigs fly around with 319 m/s, cruisers with 194 m/s and the Battleship boss with 64 m/s
  • Only EWAR so far is Target Painting from the cruisers
  • Rats seem to ignore drones
1 Like

Anyone found a way to sell these Compressed Capsule Shells’ to Concord?

Just look on the market for buy orders that have 365(ish) days durations. Only NPCs can make those, so you know you’re selling to the right order instead of players trying to scam you.

1 Like

The weird things about this is that not all of the NPC buy orders are the same price. Not quite sure what to make of that…

Hum… I must admit I haven’t looked very deep into this. It’s worth paying attention to I guess.

It’s not a huge swing, just a couple thousand ISK, but it’s odd.

come on, it says it’s the start of something or other when you pick the first egg up. save 'em. It has to be an easter egg hunt of some sort.

Ugh. These numbers are just… off.

Let’s get our premises right.

T2 DDAs give 20.5% increase to drone damage.

T2 BCUs give 10% damage and 10.5% RoF for a total bonus of:

(1+.1)/(1-.105) = 22.9% increased damage.

A C3-X gives three bonuses:

1. 15% drone damage
  2. 10% missile damage
  3. 10% missile RoF

Overall that gives a (1+.1)/(1-.1) = 22% increase to missile damage.

If we’re talking about a Gila with three T2 DDAs, it’s getting a 58.85% increase to drone damage with stacking penalties. Swapping out for a C3-X reduces that to a 54.12% increase to drone damage, while increasing missile damage by 22%. So you’re losing 4.73% drone damage and gaining 22% missile damage.

To figure out if that’s worthwhile, you’d divide the increases: 22/4.73 = 4.65. If before these mods your drones are doing 4.65 times more damage, keeping the third DDA 2 is a better option. Otherwise, throw on a C3-X.

Hint: even with rapid lights, that Gila’s drones aren’t even getting 3 times the damage that missiles are with reloads factored in, let alone 4.65 times.

1 Like

Well, that’ll teach me to trust @elitatwo for numbers… I should have double checked, 30% did seem quite strong, even worth a comment.

As for the rest, I’m sure you can see I was comparing the C3-A that just gives 15% missile damage and 10% drone damage. Using corrected numbers, the C3-A gives about 50% drone damage with 2 drone damage amplifiers, and 15% to missiles. So 15/8.58 ~ 1.74. Still not worth it for a Gila.

1 Like

Yup, I’m getting slightly different numbers but they’re close enough that it’s about the same conclusion: about a 1.75 multiplier to make it worthwhile to swap a third DDA to a C3-A on a Gila. It would probably be worthwhile on a HAM Gila but not RLML or HM Gila.

A Legion with the drone/missile sub would likely fare better but I CBA to run the numbers right now.

(And yeah, trust @elitatwo on numbers is often a bad idea. Good poster but… not on numbers.)

(Oh, and I was writing that at 4 am local so my brain was scrambled enough by the DDA assertions that I missed you were using the C3-A entirely. So my bad on that.)

1 Like

Whoops, now I know where that 30 value comes from. I spend too much time on the simulator and the 30 is the amount of cpu the t2 drone damage amplifier uses.

Anyhow, I thought that mod would be good for the Guristas ships but regular drone damage amplifiers do give more damage.

The C3-X can be quite worth it. 5% less drone damage for 22% missile damage is starting to look quite interesting, especially when the 3rd mod is heavily stacking penalized for drones, but not at all for missiles. It’s not a useless module, at all.

The c3-x yeah and I have some other candidates, where low slots are a premium for damage mods.
I wish those c3-x would drop a little more often or maybe enter the Guristas LP store.

1 Like

2x Faction DDA paired with 2x C3-X BCS frees up 2 lows on the Rattlesnake. The possibilities…

2 Likes

I hope not. :wink:

Okay maybe as commander drop then. Would be a shame if they were made rarer than purple mods.

I kind of like the idea of modules dropping only for certain events. It makes you look forward to the next event and adds value (through rarity) to the drops.

There are 6 pirate factions, so you could have an event every other month with a special module, with a peak of supply and drop in price during the event, then scarcity for the rest of the year.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.