The NEW release of "Packs" - formerly "DLC" with an initial comparison

No, I bought one this morning, and the account is over 5 years old.

3 Likes

They would have done a better job and had a better community response and less work if they just changed the names of the old packs and added something like 10% for inflation or some other random cause. Won’t be getting any of the new ones. Its bad enough high sp players get ripped of with skill injectors. the injectors should provide the same amount of sp if they cost the same. At least the starter pack was fair to all.

2 Likes

You bought the new one this morning. It is not time limited.

No, I know what I bought, and I bought the old one. My account sits there with 1mil SP in the redeem queue.

He is right. The old packs were not limited to new characters. CCP said they were going to “fix” them so they could only be purchased by new players, but they never did.

2 Likes

Well just checked out the new packs and what a huge let down !!!

Theres no deal there what so ever, the only thing your getting extra is a quick bung of a skin and 250k points for what you would of paid just getting them separate anyways.

The last packs at least showed “what its worth” and was ofc to whom bought them “a great deal”

These how ever suck for a deal and a waste of time . My money is staying in the wallet for sure on these as they are. 250k skill points ?? … just do the skilling spree a few days why pay.

Up the game CCP .

1 Like

Well, a few minutes ago I posted this as my reason for cancelling some subs:

“This is the 3rd account I am cancelling today and I wasn’t going to bother giving a reason at first but, why not? I am cancelling them as the new “packs” you released are just a step too far now. It is bad enough you are heading more and more towards money-grabs like with the Hypernet gambling etc. The double-standards you have with that and the whole “online gambling is bad and promotes RMT so we’re closing down the player-run sites but opening our own and charging RL money so that’s different online gambling to online gambling” but now these packs are significantly lower gain for a massive % increase in cost. So just no, you get less money from me now. I may only be one person but I hope more who are “just one person” also start to cancel their subs now as well. Sorry, it just has to be done.”

Just to clarify here - I have a few accounts. My ‘main 4’ I do PLEX but I have others. These three I just cancelled I was actually prepared to pay RL money for, for the training & convenience etc, to make them better and more useful chars faster but now they will just go back to being “background Alpha trainers”. I’m not going to pretend I am rage-quitting or anything of the sort nor am I going to attempt to pretend my subs will make any sort of impact on anything either. I just decided to post this as I felt it was the thing to do.

I’m an on again off again player for 14 years, my account and characters are that old, and I can confirm that I could both buy the old Starter Pack (bought it last week) and the only thing in there that was account age locked was the cerebral booster thingy and I most definitely used the skill points.

1 Like

Well can I buy the $5 pack if I had purchased the old $5 that was one per account?

If so I get the change. Ofc is value 1mil sp more than 250k. 60 plex is another skin, or some is, and I get extra skins, idc about clothes.

If ccp plans on flooding the game with sp via login events and quest chains, that 250k sp might reflect that.

I’m ok with letting newbros fly cruiser and below asap, working a bit up to BC ect. I think the game is far too cap and supercap focused though and want to see less of that.

Free sp is a draw but for game,health rewiring small and medium tier ship requirements and skills would be better imo, and have free sp applicable only to medium fittings and skills and. Which I’m not sure is possible would make for a healthier new experience imo.

I dont understand what was wrong with the old packs that they had to change it…

It was selling too good, or was too cheap? :thinking:

Since each character could only buy them once, they probably ran out of customers.

2 Likes

ccp marketing great as ever, fancy a supermarket announcing hey customers you can only purchase toilet paper once per customer for life…

Ford just announced you can ONLY purchase a new car one in a lifetime.

Honestly these packs have no bad effect on the game it doesn’t matter you get no advantage buying plex or injectors, think about it, its never going to make you a better gamer if you suck at it in the first place. there is no I WIN BUTTON or PTW, eve is actually about can you pvp or not can you fit a ship right for that particular situation. Having a blingy fit wont save ya ass if you suk at eve.

2 Likes

No. People complained you could by SP while CCP previously had promised to never ever sell SP.

You should have thought before posting this crap as well because, again, you have no ■■■■■■■ clue what you’re talking about. the complaints about selling SP were well founded.

1 Like

Nobody ■■■■■■■ cares. ■■■■ off.

2 Likes

Isn’t the box that pops up when all you do is spam quote-posts annoying you yet? You must have some real patience man cos that thing must be popping up every couple of minutes for you.

Also, I know I didn’t have any clue about the complaints. Scroll up and read it again. I literally said “I was not here and do not know”. Which is why I asked about it. I did - I said “Are you saying that…”.
Because I didn’t know.

But you did feel the need to complain about the complaints because “that’s how forums are”. You’re an idiot.

1 Like

No. Idiots like you annoy me.

Indeed.

Yeah… I didn’t though. Honestly, scroll up and read it properly. I didn’t.

Kind of like a lot of your posts when you do this “knee-jerk” ranting thing. A great many of your posts are actually on the point and pretty appropriate but this? No, this is just daft.

“You said something you didn’t actually say so that makes you an idiot” Really? It’s me that is the idiot for not saying it? Me - I’m the idiot in this one? Ok man.