The people Untamed by the winds

We Achur are people who tame The winds . Cold wind try to soothe the nomads but they instead built an empire. Storm wind destroyed Cities and we Rebuilt them and people overthrew the dynasty that was in power and replaced it with another well in other places people got less concerned with the material things. We are the people the Raata would fear. Put it in Caldari mythological terms we are the Force that represents infinite the distraction and creation. I suggest that ethnic Caldari To read our histories compare with your own.

3 Likes

You Caldari are funny.

Come back to the Gallente. We have soup. You’ll feel much better.

3 Likes

But it isn’t rock soup.

2 Likes

Ahh the winds. The wind cannot be tamed, nor can it tame us. We live in harmony with the wind spirits as they are part of this world and the nature that gives life to us. To many the wind can be a symbol of a destructive force however the wind is much more. It can bring in rain from the oceans so it can will the earth with life. Even the most destructive storms brings life with them. The wind can also cool down your head on a warm day, and in the cold regions the wind can bring warmer weather after a long winter.

We humans have learned how to harness we powers of the wind. The wind can push a ship forward, but even if we harness the powers we do not control it. The wind also helps shaping the world around us, and the story of your ancestors is an excellent example of how even the destructive forces of the wind can inspire us to get stronger. Some plants cannot grow strong enough to support themselves without a wind to push them around abit. Something that can be a strong symbol for us humans as well.

3 Likes

I lived on Achur for five years. I will credit your people’s philosophy for being able to introduce a stillness, calm, and discipline into a troubled soul. Accompanied by an emptiness of mind that caused a focus I’d not been able to achieve prior.

And suddenly I recall part of a conversation with one of the warrior monks:

“You have nightmares.”

“Every soldier has nightmares.”

“Only one who is ashamed of what he has done.”

2 Likes

The Winds do not tame. They speak the Maker’s Will to the Caldari people for it is we, and we alone, that are the Maker’s creation. The Winds speak, but it is only to those who tame themselves in the crucible of personal struggle, self-denial, and the ascetic demands of rejecting the spiritual emptiness of illusory materialism is the will cultivated to bring forth communion with the Maker.

Why would the Winds speak to the Achur? It is the sons and daughters of the prophets K’vire and Deteeas in the Caldari who were given the message of the Maker by Cold Wind and Wind-of-the-West who tamed your people through the strength of our purpose and our will. To say the Achur tame the Winds is to say they tame the Caldari, yet it is Achur and not Caldari who reject who and what they are to subordinate themselves to the Children of the Winds. It is Achur who no longer follow their own Way, instead calling themselves Caldari when their ancestors never spilled blood on the snow upon the peaks of Kaalakiota in the holy lands of the Raata.

What is there to fear in you, little Achur? Your people are no different to those who might call themselves Calmatari, Khaldari, Galldari, Caltaki or whatever other cultural portmanteau is desired to express the sentiment of condoning ones own admixture of the foreign and the pure to create a substance which when confronted with it, is much like the misfortune of stepping in ■■■■ on the street – one seeks the nearest kerbside to scrape it off from the bottom of the boot. Cultural admixture is just as abhorrent to me as those who claim a destiny that was never theirs to begin with.

If one surrenders the culture, traditions, and destiny of their own people that they were born into in favour for another then they are a defeated person and to be held with the same contempt of one who, in lacking the dignity of a true cultural purpose, subordinates themselves to another whether out of fear, shame, or pragmatism. Better death to me than to live with such indignity.

I fought the Minmatar for years, and even though I killed them I admit I still respected them for who they are as a people, who even subjected to the worst depravities the Amarr could try to conjure they proved themselves worthy for they did not forget who they are in staying true to their culture, traditions, and destiny as a people unto themselves.

The Achur and all the rest of the cultural admixture types in surrendering who they are, in turning their backs against their own people, in trying to claim a history, heritage and destiny that was never their own, show themselves as taking upon the subordinate status of a conquered foe – unworthy of dignity or respect. While it might be said imitation is the sincerest form of flattery in trying to be Caldari in this case it still remains simply imitation that can never approach being the real thing.

It is true, the State itself is an imposition upon the native Achuran culture insofar as a larger population imposes itself upon a smaller. I can respect those who among the Achur who abide by their own culture still, who maintain their traditions and beliefs. However, if there is one thing that I think the Winds will teach the Achur through the Caldari it is that conviction and belief in ones own people can only ever be measured in blood. If the Achur feel such an imposition intolerable or unfair then the onus is upon themselves to make their own people strong – take whatever the Caldari have and bend it to the will of your own people for in the end you owe us nothing in service to your own culture and destiny.

If the Achur balk at the prospect of the shedding of blood in their own interests, then quite frankly they accept their subordination to the State and no tears will be shed by me on that count.

1 Like

It is wrong to taunt those Achur who make the decision to become culturally Caldari, Veiki. How is it weakness to seek strength? It’s also wrong to taunt those Achur who reject the State and seek to cleave to their old traditions. How is it weakness to hold to the truths of your ancestors?

Either way, is my point, it is wrong to taunt just because a single Achur said something you find objectionable…

5 Likes

We fought a war to preserve our own cultural identity and safeguard our own history, traditions, and way of life against the impositions of a foreign culture in the Gallente. The promotion of the idea that the Achur should reject their own traditions and identity in favour of a foreign culture in the Caldari is an utter hypocrisy that makes one culpable of the very same crime we accuse of the Gallente: cultural admixture that denies the individual their historical, traditional, and spiritual life as part of a common community.

An unsurprising hypocrisy however since it finds its roots with Sukuuvestaa.

3 Likes

Once again, I stand in awe at Veikitamo Gesakaarin’s brutal verbal putdowns against the Achuran people.

But they deserve it. The Achuran people have fallen deeply into error. But their salvation is not to be found in mongrelization, meekly submitting as their women breed off with breed with SuVee’s Civire and Deteis colonizers. No, victory will come to the Achuran people when they read the Apocryphon and see that the power of the Red God is theirs also to command.

1 Like

Trading one master for another?

Bugger right off, mate.

1 Like

I have my own reasons not to like Suvee, but the Achur have the thing we were denied - a choice. They can stick with their native culture or they can adopt ours and embrace the future.

1 Like

You can’t “embrace” another culture and be part of that culture because you have no ancestry, no history, no ties of blood to that culture. To accept that one can “choose” their culture is a subjective notion tied either to Gallentean individualism or Amarrian religious nonsense.

There is only the rejection of your own culture in trying to imitate another. To say otherwise is to condone behaviour such as someone watching some NOH anime and picking up a few words of Napanii suddenly thinking they’re Caldari; or someone slapping on Matari tribal tattoos thinking that makes them part of the Brutor tribe. It’s a denigration of the individuals own culture and patronizing to the culture and people they might attempt to emulate.

I only need to see an Achuran like Diana Kim to see the sheer level of neurosis at play when someone tries to adopt a foreign culture – they’re so desperate to be seen as something that they’re not, and never were that they end up like the personification of a stereotypical foreign Caldari weeabo anime fan whose conception of Caldari culture is a collection of children’s cartoon tropes.

1 Like

The combination of imagery was intentional on my part anyway you know where I’m from aka Qí province. We Achuran are not One people. We are made up of several for example Qí is The kindred spirit of Suvee and Qí virtually independent and only recognizes the nominal elder visionary Government this is due to the agreement we made with Suvee and it’s important to remember we Controls the cities within are province .

This is the sort of stuff you hear from people who’ve never had to actually go through a conversion to Caldari culture.

They check your drawers. They check what kind of food you have around, if any. They go through your personal belongings to make sure you’re not holding onto anything alien. … not so much as a charm your grandmother gave you. They check what products you’ve purchased and what language the labels are in.

This goes on the whole time you’re in Caldari territory applying for State citizenship. They go that far, to filter out cultural pollutants.

I see you’re back to wearing your Templis hat, Fake Veik. It doesn’t suit you or your puppetmaster. If you’re done displaying your ignorance, please find another hat to wear.

2 Likes

Can you show me the exact passages of the Apocryphon that cite the Red God. Because the most of the passages that I have read, including those of the Tennebris Bloodveil still have one realize their own Divinity?

1 Like

Cultural contamination is a very real phenomenon. Veik gave the example of non-Matari using Matari tribal tatoos with real meaning as mere decoration. I, myself, have encountered two different types of Caldari aficionado within Federal space. One type, and the most forgivable, is that of Federal citizens of Caldari descent who have lost touch with the truth of their culture and now affect a twisted version of it. The second type is that of the person who has no connection to Caldari blood who affects that same twisted version of Caldari culture - out of some sense of rebellion, I think.

Obviously these types can’t be compared to an honest attempt to integrate - such as you mention. I wouldn’t consider them in the same light, at all, and I would do everything in my power to assist in that integration attempt, so long as I believed it to be genuine.

1 Like

If I was espousing Templis ideology I would be advocating the cultural subsuming of all other cultures within the State – Achuran included – into a singular Caldari identity at the point of the gun.

Instead what I am saying is that the conversion to the Caldari culture if one is not, and never has been a Caldari, has no ties of blood or ancestry to Caldari is an egregious error by those who would espouse. It is an act of hypocrisy that makes those who push for it no better than the Gallente or the Amarr in the crime of cultural destruction and spiritual denigration that derives from it. For a human being separate from history, culture, and society is a non-person and an act of forcing another culture to abandon their own ways, forget their cultural memory, deny their history is in and of itself an act of genocide – that is the very definition of the term: “to destroy a people.”

To promote such an act irrespective of whether the name is liberal toleration and multiculturalism; integration and assimilation; or religious dogma it is a crime, and it is abhorrent. Even more so because of the blood and sacrifice the Caldari made to prevent that in ourselves as a people, to turn around and say, “You Achur, forget who you are and adopt a way of life foreign to you,” Is the most abhorrent hypocrisy to me.

3 Likes

This concept gets really funny when you think about it theoretically and realize that every local planetary culture was formed by the imperialistic imposition of one nation state’s dominant culture over the rest of the planet, sometimes via conquest, sometimes via less overt means, but always having the same effect: the effect homogenizing of local planetary culture into a single identity: “Achuran”, “Jin-Mei”, “Gallentean”, “Mannar”, the ancestors of the people who made these cultures all started out, and existed for thousands of years, as decentralized communities with various innumerable cultures, and over time, one culture destroyed another until one was left.

And now we pick the arbitrary point in time that is the present, to decide that these are actually the marginalized local cultures that must be protected.

There’s no logical consistency in it. The desire to preserve culture is emotional. So Pieter’s hypocrisy is everyone else’s too, including yours.

But that doesn’t make the preservation of culture incorrect or somehow outdated, by the way. No, it’s smart to do, despite it being not logically consistent/strictly rational.

1 Like

QĂ­ provincial defense unit dress uniforms

``https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/8a/18/f3/8a18f324d61fcb241ec06f155d86e251.jpg

1 Like

That … doesn’t sound like them very much, though.

The Templis haven’t historically shown a lot of desire for conquest. Rather, their goal has seemed to be “purity,” protecting the Caldari identity by purging foreigners and blood minorities from the State (e.g., the Waschi Uprising). That is, exactly what you’re arguing for by logical extension.

They might make an exception for the Gallente, of course. Hence Heth and his war.

Either way, if the Templis had their way, only Caldari would be able to be Caldari citizens. Everyone else would be nonentities, unworthy of consideration.

Cross-referenced with traditional Caldari self-concern, that pretty much sounds like what you’re aiming for, Veik.

1 Like