The Price of Immortality

Nobody is forced to embrace the Lord’s warmth, not by me in any case, only encouraged. He is there for all who desire salvation. Suffering shared is suffering halved, and suffering shared with the Lord is suffering decimated.

God will embrace you too, if you open your heart to Him. There is no need to go on suffering the way you do.

1 Like

First off? I’m not suffering. I’m actually quite happy with my metaphysical status, thanks.

Second, ‘nobody is forced’ is a crock, and you know it. Moving in like that when people are at their most vulnerable and experiencing traumatic events means that they’re desperate for comfort to cling to. You take advantage of that desperation, and in effect, use the trauma to condition them to your way of thinking. You prey upon the vulnerable. It’s craven, and disgusting.

1 Like

Moving in like what, exactly? Did I point a gun at someone’s head? Did my invitation contain the words “or else”?

God’s hand is extended to all those who wish for salvation. it is up to you to grab it. There is no reason for anyone to suffer alone. Be united with God, and with each other under God, and you’ll be stronger than anything. The relief the Faith provides is real, as will be confirmed by anyone who embraced His light. The proof is out there, though you don’t seem to be the type to believe much in proven facts.

Moving in and making sure that every little bit of help is accompanied by proselytizing. Someone needs relief, that relief comes with preaching about how all that aid is only because ‘God’. Does it come with the words ‘or else’? Not explicitly… but the implication that rejecting your god means that assistance will be taken away? Yeah, that’s pretty clear.

As for ‘proof’… if you have even a single piece of empirical, independently corroborated proof of your version of the metaphysical, you will literally be the first person in the entire history of humanity who does.

Even God cannot heal the hearts of those who reject Him. An unfortunate fact, but ultimately one of your own choosing.

Which doesn’t address the issue at all. Thanks.

It is an issue of your own making.

Unless you’re blaming God for not helping those who reject His outstretched hand?

As it’s impossible for the non-existent to help or not help, no, I’m not blaming ‘god’.

No, I hold you responsible for who you choose to help or not help, and more, I believe you’re responsible for the predatory manner in which you go about providing help to people. You want to help people? Then help people. Do it without pushing your viewpoint on them. Don’t talk about your beliefs, live them. If you can be enough of an exemplar, they’ll ask you about what beliefs shape your life.

Until they do, keep it in your metaphysical pants.

1 Like

With such hostility as yours it is no wonder there is so much misery in the world. In your godless eyes, everything that threatens your self-perpetuating darkness is predatory and desperate. I pray for you regardless.

Virtuous people leading by example are neither.

You are not that.

hahaha ok yah lol

HOW OLD?
I guess I have to bring my apologies for treating you as a youngster. Among us two looks like I am a tiny baby in comparison, and yet I was allowing myself treating you like that.
Certainly you have seen way more than I did and clearly you’re wiser than inexperienced myself.

I don’t really have that notion that “good things should end”, I have a notion that life is not possible without death. “Life” without death is not a life, it’s a mere existence. But on the other hand, I don’t fall for the idea of immortality either, I consider it CONCORD’s sham: each time we “change” clone we die and give birth to new life.

Oh, cmon, if it’s a peak of human civilization, then with a negative second derivative. In other words, peak downwards. How else would you consider an entity that idealizes petty individualistic egoism instead of working for common good? Ideals of criminal destructive freedom instead of uniting and constructive order? Primitive hedonism?
Gallente are savages, who even visit homes of others without taking off footwear, yes, they are disgusting like that. And like wild uncultured disrespectful animals they don’t even understand how wrong it is…

I do believe that the Life itself is a Way to the Death. It’s a preparation for this event. If you keep running on a wheel it doesn’t mean you’ll keep doing it forever, it just means your Road is longer, with loops and intersections.

Look behind, what you have done and look ahead at what needs to be done. When you will see it, you will see why you are still running.

Keep in mind though, It’s not really for us to decide when we die, we shall accept our life and our death as it is. Choosing death when you’re not supposed to die yet or trying to keep your life when you shall die both is wrong and dishonorable.

What we can decide, is how we walk our roads, which turns we make, how we accept our fate, how we overcome obstacles, and finally… we might not choose when the death will find us, it can happen anytime, anywhere… but we can choose how we face it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.