The real reason (paying)people are leaving the game are numerous, and none of them have been adressed in the correct way by CCP over the past years.
Just to name a few (and this list is easily a hundred fold longer)
Social policing by ccp
Carebear space everywhere
Everyone is blue
You lose a 1 bil isk ship? Not to worry, play for about 2 hours to make it back
You cant lose learning points anymore
You cant attack concord/faction ships anymore
Making isk in high sec has become to easy with incursions (for example)
If I was in charge of CCP I would implement many changes over the course of a year or two to completely overhaul the game into 2020. Below a few,
- A collapse of most of high sec space. Turning most of it into low sec/null sec.
- Removal of high isk ventures in high sec. This includes anything which can turn over a profit larger than 20mil isk per hour. Meaning lvl4 agents, incursions, POS’s, citadels and all other crap be in low, wh or null.
- Removal of many NPC stations
- Increasing the cost to produce player made stations/citadels by tenfold.
- NPC factions (any of em really) actively seek expansion into NULL with sizeable fleets and force matching the playerbase in that area. This to make sure you need to be on your a-game at all times instead of blue-ing everything. When you get weakened, you become prey.
- Players MUST leave NPC corporations within 6 months, alpha accounts cannot play after this time without becoming omega.
- A dedicated team looking for bots and script runners, penalize directly with lifelong bans and all items go to the latest enemy. This should not be hard (!)
- Productions costs must go up an X percentage, and isk from npc ventures must go down. Life should become harder.
- Bring back the learning skill loss mechanic in a broader scale. But also make injecting/accelerating skill points faster, cheaper and easier.
- Remove a number of WH’s to make the available space lower to trigger more warfare and less carebearing.
And the list goes on really,
Eve in its core, has Always been a game about survival and teamwork. In recent years the survival element has been diminished, its basicly fps respawning now. Teamwork in order to make isk is no longer needed.
Bring back eve, make it tougher. We want tears of pain.
And dont get me wrong, there have been a lot of cool new features. But in the long run this game seems to be turning into hello Kitty online very slowly. While the playerbase keeps requesting new ways for creating tears on a scale that we should be able to read about suicides everyday in the newspaper.
So CCP, make sure your subscribers kill themself. That is the fastest way to moar moneyz