The real reasons player population is declining

I really wish people like you would just go away and play or create the game that suits you and stop trying to turn EVE into what you’d like it to be.

honestly if you created EVE through your vision of how things should be, i wouldn’t play it.

2 Likes

except the gankers don’t care about losses or else they would be ganking everything that moved outside of amarr right now.

I was never talking about making changes too. Just, that it needs some, if.
I need a plaster if i hurt myself doesnt phrases to “i will want to hurt myself”

Then why did you reply to me, if I wasn’t talking about changes, and you didn’t think I was talking about changes, why reply to me about changes?

We always go off the rails like this and it is both of our faults. You are so anxious for everyone to see you as a smart person here you always do this kind of thing. My initial comment you were responding to is you doing exactly what you are bitching about here in regards to me.

My initial response on PvP vs. PvE was to note that unless the resources are infinite as soon as players are competing for finite resources it becomes PvP in a broad sense. That’s pretty much it. Pure PvE is actually a rare thing except in a stand alone game where the player is playing the AI or where resources are infinite at any given point in time.

The solution to this problem is not to change the game (and since you can be a dumb smart person too I am not saying anything about you or what you’ve said here), but to educate people as to the nature of EVE. EVE has always been a niche game in large part because it is so PvP centric.

And yes, on the forums it is not uncommon for people to jump on people complaining about how things work in EVE relative to other games. But there are also people who will explain it to them.

I agree. I read the OP and his comment about those making snide comments and just did not bother to respond to him. Partly for the above kind of reason. He seemed uninterested in listening to those with a different view. And while he hasn’t called other players sociopaths he does imply a connection between “bad” behavior in game and IRL. And he has been playing for years. He is literally the exact type of player I was referring too above. Even his complaint about a module to block cargo scanners…he hasn’t really thought that through, IMO. What would happen? People would likely gank any and all ships with such a module. Why? Well if you have one fit you must have something good you are trying to hide. That is how it is with blockade runners which have this feature built into them. In fact, I wouldn’t mind having this “feature” removed so when my blockade runners are empty I could slowboat with them.

Actually it was my initial comment that was responded to, please see post #212. I replied to @Ramona_McCandless about what non-EvE players think “PvP” means. Then you replied about what PvP should mean, which had nothing to do with my comment.

I don’t need a forum to have anything to do with my intelligence. Also, when I say you don’t understand logic, I’m not insulting you, just stating the apparent fact that you have not studied formal logic.

Yep, we agree the OP is an idiot. :slight_smile: All I’ve said is that CCP and maybe the player base could do something about this, other than say “htfu.”

1 Like

CCP could do this, and people would still complain.

17 Likes

I love it!

But, yeah, it’s true, people are stupid.

2 Likes

10 Likes

That is the fundamental nature of “game”, trying to arrive at an outcome by our actions. This is even more so with a “sandbox” game where the actions we can take and the classes of objects we can act upon are much broader. Some players are seeking to further entrench themselves by advocating for certain game mechanics and against others, for certain “playstyles” and against others. Some players are seeking ro unentrench them. It’s an epic, glorious meta-struggle.

Are you not entertained?

1 Like

Yes i suppose I am, one keeps on giving CCP money every month. Ones skill queue still has a few years to go before it fully matures into a bitter vet. :rofl:

nope, it’s like watching paint dry.

I would be if it was entertaining…or even just intelligent.

It falls short of both.

2 Likes

I think Captain bastard is not a morale name to start with. And most other games do not have the morale factor either. If they do only have the fluffy ideal world they are well more like pong.

Actually the game is fair. you can do awesome stuff as a beginner. The issue is you most often do not know how. You learn that on your journey.
I thing a PVP system that involves Lvls that you have to grind is much more unfair.
Also if you get ripped of you overlooked something the game was telling you. And you have to deal with your failure. A trait a lot of people can not.
3)
I am not sure what you mean. Maybe you refer to the carebeers that if wardecced grawl into the biggest hole they can find and are frightend.
But to be honest it is their gameplay. It is not what the game expects them to do. Actually the tutorial updates try to pinpoint people away from that style of behaviour. But I guess you still have those that love to be horrified. And that they are Cynical, well yea.
But imho they choose that way and not the game forces them to.
4)
I would describe it as War - Market simulation. I think that is what eve is good at. It is not a space sim, or something alike. Ohh yea it is the first of its kind. A sandbox. (no simulation…)
So why should people leave is not clear to me.
5)
You have to enjoy conflicts. If you do not go somewhere else.
I think the capsuleers are quite mature compared to other places. This is a boon.
If you want a theempark Universe where we capsuleers are fighting against some outside enemy, you are wrong. This style is plenty out there. I think in general Elite Might be somewhere something for you. It is hard there to get PvP conflicts there.

Im still amazed that “drugs are immoral” is still a thing in the world.

2 Likes

As a New player the only real let down is, the fact that when you go out of space and do stuff such as mining. you dont get any experience towards that certain skill. For new players that might probably be the first let down really… waiting for your skill to level is the reason why not everyone is actively playing. Or the reason why so many people are still playing.

Besides that seeing boosters can also be a let down and giving up the wrong idea. For veterans this talk sounds redicious. But those are the real reasons really. Seeing a month or 2 of training just to get a little bit better or to be able to get to the next ship is not really encouraging for newb… ^^

2 Likes

Actually, thanks to CCP, what’s making this game fail is adding game mechanics that allow brand new characters to become fully skilled and flying Titans within a couple of weeks.

P2W money grab scene was foretold back in 2011 during the infamous summer of rage. Just took half dozen years or so to materialize.

12 Likes

Something we can finally agree on

3 Likes

We all had to go through that, some actually more than others as we started before skill injectors.

Instant gratification didn’t exist for training until a couple of years ago.

4 Likes

remember when it meant something to reach battleship. now not so much, a new generation that wants everything yesterday and waiting around to skill up will cause them to lose interest and move on to the next pre release/crowd funded pile of shite.

where they will whine like feck about how bad the game is and that’s when the what ifs start.

if only the game did this, if only the game did that, if only the devs listened to us.

today it seems it’s all about the what ifs and how a client can influence a product, doesn’t matter if it’s a game or a movie you’ll see the very same thing.

how many posts have we seen over the years with new guys and old posting their own flavour on how they’d like things to be and then they try to make it out to be a cry from the community (EVE is dying)

how about they learn the rules of our wonderful universe and overcome what they can deal with or avoid what they can’t, oh and find friends, friends is good. :slight_smile:

what’s needed is posts seeking help or advise, not hey, this too hard, dumb down please.

we’ve had more than enough of that thanks.

6 Likes