The real reasons player population is declining

Regarding Alpha…

Please stop saying they don’t pay. All you know is that they do not pay a subscription. You don’t know if they pay for other things.

Here is a helpful hint for everyone: When you use something for “free” on the internet you are not the customer. You are the product. When you use google, you are the product. When you use Facebook, you are the product. When you use instagram, you are the product. Your information is going to be used for marketing purposes.

All we know about Alphas is that they do not pay a subscription. We have no idea if they buy PLEX or how much. The notion that they are not putting money into CCPs wallet is pure speculation.

Yes, despite the monomaniacal pessimists wanting to speculate on CCP’s financials, yes. The population has stopped declining when you look at EVE Offline. As to how many Alphas are in there and how much money they do or don’t pay is just stupid speculation.

1 Like

Hmmmm…

Can you do me a favor and quote the title of this thread?

1 Like

I have a post, that is the start of a Thread, and I’m very familiar with the fact that people ONLY seem to be able to comprehend Titles of threads. I was thinking of naming a thread; “Starbursts, purple, Ancient Kingdoms, K-pop” and the body of the thread would be a typical Anti-suicide gank post, just to see how many people would respond with comments about Starbursts, the color purple, Ancient kingdoms, and K-pop!

The OP is about the ethics of EVE Online and its development.

Really so the title that claims the population is declining is…not about the reasons for the decline? Wow you are an impressive mind reader.

And since the decline has stopped and population numbers have rebounded a teeny tiny bit…guess we can close it.

1 Like

READING is fundamental.

So if the population is no longer declining maybe ethis are not really an issue.

But keep up your monomaniacal obsession. It is good for all of us to have someone we can point to and laugh.

1 Like

Or maybe you should change the title of the thread.

1 Like

Another opportunity to repeat myself! Oh Joy!

Geez, can’t the ISD or CCP do something, anything, about people that post the same thing over and over and over again??? Its unbelievable!!!
It’s absolutely unbelievable!!!

You know, the only reason that I don’t post “Starbursts, purple, Ancient Kingdoms, K-pop” is because the ISD and CCP can’t read either! and they’ll just remove the thread because EVE Online doesn’t have anything to do with Starbursts or the color purple or Ancient Kingdoms or K-pop!

Then they would have to ban you. Hmmm…wait that doesn’t sound half bad.

3 Likes

Really, guy?
You are calling CCP cyberbullies?
That’s a fairly serious accusation.
CCP does and does not do plenty of things with their game that I disagree with, but you are accusing them of real-world crimes? nah

Could you explain “monomaniacal”, please?

Typical Troll Reading Fail. Typical Troll trying to cause someone else to suffer for something they are fabricating. And that! is a violation of the T.O.S.! And I, of course, expect CCP to do nothing about i!

I would hope that everyone takes CyberBullying seriously! I would hope that everyone would take the stance that there is no place in the Internet for Cyberbullying! And, I would hope that everyone would commit themselves to stamping out CyberBullying WHEREVER it occurs!

EVE ONLINE is a game that ENABLES Cyberbullys to victimize others!
Let’s see you take the unequivocal stance against Cyberbullying!

Singular focus on a topic to the point of obsessive zeal.

1 Like

Blowing up your ship is not bullying.

This is the point that the OP is making, that it is NOT gameplay, it is Victimization! because everything in the game is designed FOR the Cyberbully! To Enable the Cyberbully. The aggressor is given every conceivable advantage and the victim is NOT only stripped of options or counter-play but penalized! heavily! mislead and misdirected!

And the cry for some type of counter-play, for some type of balance is completely ignored!!!

Who can ignore the fact that players are feeling vicitmized??? Only a Cyberbully!
Who can ignore the fact that players are feeling bullied??? Only a Cyberbully!
Who can ignore the cry for Balance! Fairness! Ethics!!! Only a Cyberbully!

Not cyberbullying. Working as intended. Everyone agrees to this possible outcome when they download the client. Blowing up your ship because you took on too much risk, knowingly or unknowingly, is totally intended game play and is in no way what so ever cyberbullying.

There are plenty of counter play options. For example almost every freighter gank starts with a player putting way too much ISK value into their cargo hold. Don’t do that. Even when this does not happen a gank can still occur for totally legitimate reasons. If the freighter pilot is an alt of a hostile entity and is used for the logistics for that hostile entity ganking that freighter is totally legitimate. Keep the identity of you OOC haulers secret.

The counter play is don’t be an idiot and take on too much risk. In a game notorious for actions having consequences the real blame literally goes on those taking too much risk in a foolish and imprudent manner. When people, IRL, are foolish and imprudent they should feel that pain of that imprudence and foolishness otherwise they’ll just keep doing it…and others might join in.

They are a victim of their own ignorance and imprudence.

You aren’t being bullied if you are the target of activities that are within the rules of the game and the game’s culture and you are taking on tremendous risk.

The game is balanced in regards to freighter ganking. The problem are those players who are foolish and imprudent either willfully or via ignorance.

The reason the rest of think you are nuts is because we understand the nature of the game. That you can and will die, in game, at the hands of other players and that such an event comes with a cost–i.e. lost ship, modules, etc. and that they will not be fully reimbursed. Fully and totally intended from day 1 of this game. We are all adults, unlike you, even those who are teenagers and play with permission of a suitable adult.

You have got to be the most butthurt shrinking violet on the forums…you start a thread and keep it going for closing in on 900 posts about how upset you are over what is likely a trivial loss. You are the epitome of a man child.

2 Likes

says the guys with more posts than anyone else in the thread.

If you don’t want the thread to continue, stop contributing to it. simple.

I understand that you can’t help yourself. you lack the self-discipline necessary.

Ehhhh That was a bit much… More suited for a PM. Removed 1 post.

If you had found a way to sway it so that it was at least somewhat discussing the Topic, It would of stayed.

~Buldath

2 Likes

/gigglesnort

–Gadget couldn’t help herself either :smirk:

6 Likes

Eve is simple, you create your own safety. Knowledge tank best tank.

4 Likes