Why was this done? - And can we please have it undone?
I have tried get a little sensible sound back but:
Modules (like the sound my shield hardener makes when it begins the cycle)
- I want this low, 0-20 range.
- Because it is an extremely noisy sound when your camera happens to be close to your ship, making it annoying to look around and enjoy space, turning this down makes me not just zoom out and only use overview in a non-graphical game play.
3rd Party Warp (when someone else warps onto grid near you).
- I want this high 90-100.
- Because its low to begin with, and it is an extreme danger alert that should be screaming high with flashing red lights.
Now these two are in the same “Ship Effects” option? Whoever did this must never play (or play with sounds off).
Incoming Fire (when a projectile fired by the enemy hits your ship).
- I want this low.
- Because its ear defining if you have the camera near your ship and fight in particular Angel rats - again having it low makes me not just zoom out to a non-graphical game play style.
My turrets (own guns etc firing)
- I would like this high enough, so its distinct able there even when taking incoming fire.
- Because I want a constant “hey you are fighting back” feedback thing.
These two are also in the same setting?
Simply have to give up on sounds in Eve for now … This reduction of options is stupid, and the choices of combines are really stupid too.
EDIT This is by no means the complete list of stupid, this is just the point where I gave up.