The scarcity move hurt PVP availability. Time to change that

Exactly.

You think your 5 gang trash fleet should easily being able to dispatch maraduer BS :laughing:

And for that matter a 5 gang slightly not trash fleet could.

Thats your null mind talking “dispatch” no the 5 man gang shouldn’t dispatch it should get fun fights and provide content to another small group.

HTFU and get good.

I am good thats the problem, skill doesn’t matter anymore when I win buttons exist to make the game stale. CCP catering to nullbears and their cry’s against nano kiters with the maruader update.

See above reply and repeat it.

You are iust crying and im not a nullbear.

Htfu up

And get good.

Your lack of competitive spirit bores me.

1 Like

Says the dude whinging about marauders because he cant reeeeee around and nanogang absolutely everything in the game :laughing:

They are set to have damage reduced 75% and all ewar resistance stripped but rest of bonuses remaining in the rebalance.

A 5 man vedmak fleet will wreck most marauders. If flown right

1 Like

Add to that fillaments that allows you to bypass most content

Can you link this fight please would be interesting to see the battle report.

i do it with 3

btw today i played 10 minutes and had a fight
beginning to think there is no PVP in EVE is a myth

of course you have to run a engageable ship , i see lots of people run in LS with hawks , wolfs , pimped kikis
pro tip , they will fight you wen they think they will win , assault frigates or 300 million trig destroyers will not attract that much people unless its a 100 man gank ( kids this days )
one example is the DPS punisher , people expect biiig tank , low dps , cant apply ■■■■ , them they come to kill you , and DPS punisher , you get lots of fights
other example is coercer vs dragoon , dragoon win , but i usually get more than 50% win , last time i lost because was lagging and burned the guns , anyway they think , good matchup for me , he will probably run , i dont , lots of fights etc

1*hV8RIXmuAvtc2pJ6rmbUpg

1 Like

the problem is lowsec is only for pve

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue

4 Likes

You’re reacting to a new alt of the same guy that makes outrageous statements.

3 Likes

I know there are plenty of approaches to having fun with PVP, and I’ve mainly engaged in PVP that was either profitable (read: piracy) or otherwise beneficial (read: bash people’s things). Sadly the scale of that gameplay is a tad above what I consider easily approachable within the timeframes I have to play the game these days, and with all these skills my character has and all this gameplay history I’ve went through it’s just not exiting anymore to raise the funds for the ships I want to fly consistently. Lowering my standards to solo T1 cruisers and (assault) frigs… that’s a nice diversion, but it simply won’t pay for higher tier ships.

Understand me well: I am not under any illusion a T2/T3 ship is better in all engagements, I’s simply a bit sour that it costs me an arm and a leg to learn their limitations through iterative failure, as T1 easily allows.

I understand fully that I have the option to crack caps in transit if I would just put the effort in. Or grab and mine some moons if I can get some boring person to pilot the ships. I just don’t have the (RL) time and motivation to get that engaged again. That’s fully on me, I just want you to know I’m an old player that basically lurks these forums out of nostalgia. I have never had the GF engagements you describe.

I won’t lie, we did organise some tournaments among blues from time to time, but I don’t want you to think I have a risk averse conceptualization of PVP. We wardecced Eve University once and got our entire infra shot to pieces. No, I erred on the side of hubris. Not safety. And I never found a way to be as irresponsible as I am without funding my activities through PVE, ideally by disallowing others access to claimed riches and rare drops. I used to Marauder these Besieged sites in lowsec with no scouts.

Egh, I’m just an entitled snob that feels game mechanics cheated me out of making the monthly PLEX with ease and welping Battleships as I pleased. I’m just too conflicted and sour about the whole PA thing that I don’t even play (I still own PLEX). But consentual PVP in nullsec? Get outta here, is that even done? I only did null stuff for half a year so I’m only vaguely familiar with the culture. And ranting my ass off. Damn nostalgia.

Sniff.

1 Like

You misunderstood the direction of Destiny’s post. They mean don’t go looking for ‘good fights’.

The point is that if you decide that piracy, blackmail, protection rackets, ransoms, scams, awoxing, theft etc. are all “good PvP” then you can self-fund your PvP without having to PvE.

Of course, that’s super toxic for the game as a whole, and it would only ever work for like 5% or less of the game population. But hey, who cares about the health of the game when you can plex your accounts using other people’s resources?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Lets be honest here: People who don’t want to pvp and don’t do it now also won’t do it if prices of ships were lower. It’s the fact that you need to be moderately good at the game to do PVP and while they normally shout real loud they know, deep down, they actually suck and they don’t want to be confronted by that reality. Beyond that they might lose and die and dying just doesn’t make you any profits which to the “numbers go up” people is heresy.

People only advocate it in the hopes they can get their pve steeds cheaper.

7 Likes