The solution to capitals

Can a battleship solo a dread or a carrier? Is that possible? It seems like that is a more valid question than frigate vs capital.

Why? Bigger is not meant to be better. So a frigate should be equally capable. As for Battleship vs Capital. If you take certain specific fits of specific neuts based fits and no cap batteries or boosters on the capital. Maybe?

I don’t feel like investing the time to deconstruct everybody’s post to figure out if you are being facetious. If a max skilled marauder pilot cannot beat a failfit carrier pilot then there may be validity to the argument that capital ships are in a league of their own.

Steps of rebalansing caps

1. mineral shortage
  2. Remove BPO to caps/super caps.
  3. wipe game universe.
    use in any order

Carrier pilot simply pulls range, keeps Marauders tackled, wins. At best they stalemate because they can tank each other.
And you are already stacking the deck with one side being max skilled and the other side being fail fit.

Hi, my name is Arrendis, and I help lead the largest supercapital fleet in EVE.I’ve been in the largest supercapital brawls in the game for at least the last seven years. Supers are overpowered, oppressive, and choking the life out of nullsec. They have been for years. If they weren’t absolutely necessary for actually holding sov in the face of a determined attack, as well as for successfully taking sov in any kind of populated area, I don’t think we’d have more than a handful, and neither would Legacy.

The OP is definitely not an optimal solution, but anyone attempting to claim supercapitals are in a good place is as insane as the lunatics who pushed for the current state of them in the first place. Supers, like Rorqs, need to be beaten into the dirt if not removed altogether.

5 Likes

I recall saying that very same thing for ages and being fround upon or even picked on for even proposing the very idea of supers being overpowered and should be removed.
So even though I have not ever fc’ed any super capital fleet, nor have been taken part in any large character fights, I do have a pretty good idea about ship to ship balance.
However I did fly those things and even though I have never seen more than 30 of those things at the same time in one system, I know how oppressive one, just one super is to anything below that size.
You can say whatever you want about the test server but I did fly the Caldari titan on Singularity at level 5 with the phenom generator and all that and sat there on a beacon, deleting everything that dared to warp close.
Then I did it for a few days with the Caldari super, deleting everything capital or super capital to a point where nobody even warped to that beacon anymore when they saw my name in that system local chat.
However I know what you mean with

I don’t believe that EVE will brake if we had no supers. I believe EVE would be a better place without them.
A carrier + fax can still be very strong even without supers and titans and dreads would not be that oppressive to the game without supers.

That’s not what Arrendis was saying
Right now, it is essential to have Supers/Titans for Sov, because if you don’t, the guy that does steam-rolls you.
If everyone doesn’t have them, then it’s totally fine. But as long as one person has them, everyone has to have them and keep amassing more and more of them.

1 Like

EVE would absolutely be a better place without them. Right now, though, if you don’t have supers, the guy who does will kick you out of your space as soon as he wants to. If you do, the guy who has more will still kick you out as soon as he really wants to. We saw that last summer in Tribute.

Supercapitals are a necessity in the current game. Otherwise, we could get rid of them ourselves. But we can’t, because nobody can afford to make themselves that vulnerable. So we need CCP to do it.

Yes, that is why I said:

I wasn’t denying nor disagreeing with that statement. I know they are necessary.

Is what I meant with my statement. That only works if nobody has them.

1 Like

Yes I want capitals to just stay as powerful as they are right now. The reason why I would want to look at only nerfing the capital maneuverability in lowsec is to also create a space where the group of players who favor subcap roams can have a fun place to stay. So my ideas for now are like creating a distinct place for subcap PvP in lowsec by limiting the maneuverability of capitals there through disabling them from using cynos in losec. And keeping nullsec as the place where capitals can shine in all their power for keeping that part of the player base happy. So then hopefully both of these player types can find some sweet homespace to stay? Maybe what should then be given back in return for what is taken away in lowsec is no more jump fatigue in nullsec for carriers, faxes and dreads?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.