The state of low sec JF hauling in 2023 pre-Viridian

My goal here is to start a discussion. Ask 10 different people what “rush” is when it comes to a hauling service, and you’ll get 10 different answers.

• For CCP, “rush” is 24 hours (and they won’t allow for any less than that)
  • For shippers, “rush” is their cargo at the destination yesterday.
  • For industrialists, “rush” is cargo delivered 5 minutes before my next job slot opens.
  • For wormholers, “rush” is before this damn thing collapses or someone rolls it.
  • For gankers, “rush” is delivery in the next hour since camping a gate gets boring.
  • For scammers, “rush” is however fast so that you don’t read all the terms of the contract.
  • For haulers, “rush” is putting this load of cargo at the top of the list (but who knows when it’ll actually get moved)
  • and for GHSOL, “rush” is within 6 hours of when you created your contract. So you get to use/sell the same day or even same gaming session.

Come on…you knew there’d be a plug for GHSOL somewhere in this post. But I like to think that at GHSOL, we have “real rush”, and not excuses, manipulated statistics or slight of hand on why YOUR cargo wasn’t where you needed it when the terms for delivery were clear.

One things for sure…few people actually are gathering/presenting data. Hauling service occasionally provide reports, but rarely with enough detail (like when the delivery time starts…at contract creation or contract acceptance by the actual hauler?). GHSOL shows all our raw data along with our average delivery time for the last week.

I’d be ecstatic if someone who regularly creates batches of similar contracts would split them between two (or three) services and give all of us a summary on which ones perform better. I invite any shipper to do this, and me and my JF pilots welcome the challenge. Heck, don’t even let us or our competitors know that you’re doing this…I’m comfortable saying we’ll be faster and cheaper than the rest even if we don’t know we’re being tested!

2 Likes