The Yoiul Festival gifts?

■■■■ “participating.” Gonna spend the holidays with the family.

I guess I’m going to put my holiday well wishes to CCP in the wallet comments as I transfer ISK between my alts. If they want their “Merry Christmas” they can “actively” “participate” and look through the server logs, print them out, distribute them to themselves.

1 Like

Based on the time needed to mission the event and the value of the items, they are definitely not worth doing, unless you have zero skills and can’t do level 2 missions or even mine rocks.

Pass on this one.

1 Like

Same here, not a bad thing I guess.

I wouldn’t go that far. The loot from the Rogue Swarms which will get you the points for the event has to be factored in too. I can solo clear a Rogue Swarm in 3-4 minutes with a chance of SKINs and Boosters (worth up to 90 million).

The actual event rewards themselves (apart from the final booster which you will have already received a few times as loot before you get to the points needed) is the only thing even remotely worth doing the event for though.

Personally I’m tired of doing those Swarms and farming points for those things, as I already did a shed load of that during Arms Race, so I’ll be passing for that reason.

1 Like

Either way, I cancelled my account over this. Sure, it’s not much but it’s one less dollar going toward ccp. Gifts you have to grind for… I thought EA, I mean ccp were above this nonsense. Guess not.

3 Likes

In the nine years that I have participated in Eve; there has always been a special edition ship or something…?

When did the “Grinch” take over the CCP Holiday Coordinator’s Positioon

4 Likes

I never bothered with the Christmas event, to be honest i was not arsed either way.

I know its different but back in the day in WOW you use to get a red rider bb gun that you could use to shoot the other factions leaders with for an achievement. No it was not worth the reward but it was still fun.

There is a real culture of contempt for customers growing at CCP. This is natural and to be expected, given the recent turmoil among the staff. When staff are let go, the remaining folks circles their wagons and begin seeing the world in terms of “the survivors versus the ENEMY”. It seems we, the paying customers, how now become the enemy.

I had a recent experience with a customer service rep that was revealing. This guy wrote to me as though I worked for him. He spoke to me as though, by paying to play this game, I had indentured myself to the rules and schemes of the CCP organization.

Previously, dealing with customer service has been one of the high quality features of the Eve experience. It is not the new guys are rude or aggressive, they just do not “get” sales or customer service. They can’t see outside their small world of corporate rules and power hierarchies. They think everyone is like them.

The Agency interface is a disaster. It is simply a very poor piece of software. Everyone hates it, it is so unresponsive as to detract from the overall experience. EVen so, working software interfaces were retired to make way for it.

This shows real contempt for the player base. Not only are the senior CCP staff not listening, they no longer care. They are too busy worrying about their own futures in the organization.

Again, it is completely understandable, but it is also a good way to go right out of business.

CCP leadership need to decide whether they are in the business of satisfying customers, or whether they are in the business of job hunting.

4 Likes

What the?! I have to do carebear crap to get my presents this year? Pffffffff not happening.

2 Likes

actually they are giving us a gift on the 9th… and no one need to grindr for it: the removal of agent finder link hadding it to the laggy agency

Stop hating on the event or I don’t know the next time I will see an event with accelerators.

You don’t like the event? Don’t do it, yes it was a crappy holiday gift but I for one will take something over nothing. That and I like to be accelerated, so I will take more events like this regardless of when.

Maybe next year everyone will get a free loot box in their redeemable items…

:gift:

…that can be opened for the trivial price of 25 PLEX. :expressionless:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.