Thinking of coming back to EVE in a lightweight fashion

Hi folks,

I got a itch the other day of checking out my old EVE accounts, and I’m now considering of getting back into it. But I have some questions :slight_smile:

A) what changed in the last 5 years that is worth of notice?
B) Are there corps out there that would welcome a more mature audience with IRL commitments? :older_man: and possibly with some patience as I might have forgot everything :smiley:
C) As 5 years is a long time, I might need a warm-up plan either find something worthwile to do while keeping the accounts as alpha (not sure, maybe trading / industry?) until I can find a corp to call home? Or perhaps joining some training corp but as I recall they tend to be feeders to high-commitment null-sec or low-sec operations and that wouldn’t work in real life.

Anyway, here are my two mains:
*Deta Soikutsu: *Deta Soikutsu | Character | zKillboard ~45m SP
Started in FW, then joined a low sec corp, moving then onto Bomber’s Bar / Spectre fleets and Incursions.

Dornath Megara: Dornath Megara | Character | zKillboard ~64m SP
Started in Eve Uni, then moved to their wormhole detachment, then joined The Initiative through the Graduates for a whole bunch of null-sec carrier fun.

Plus a few alts for trading and hauling stuff, though not highly skilled as I remember.

What I’d like ideally:

• A friendly corp, possibly EU timezone based, that understands IRL commitment and doesn’t need 100% attendance to CTAs
  • And a mix of both small scale PVP / explorer hunting plus economy so that I can get relatively quickly to plexing my account, with a commitment of ~3 days a week for a few hours, though if I recall correctly the combined asset value of the 2 toons is of around ~500bn so should be able to do that with some trading (wishful thinking maybe?).

Anyway looking forward to see what’s out there :smiley:

Hello! And welcome back to the game! Want to invite you to a Spodbrain inc. - mine your future today! corporation. We are relatively new corporation in a medium sized alliance IGC as a part of Imperium coalition, base in null sec space, Period Base. We have plenty of opportunities to have fun in that game - both pvp and pve related. But what is most important - we don’t have mandatories because RL comes first. We all have our own duties, friends and families in real life.

If you are interested poke me on discord! Spodbrain inc.

P.S. As a return player myself we can at least have a chat about the EvE itself :slight_smile:

Welcome back you good looking piece of pilot! :stuck_out_tongue:
First I gotta say it’s the first post in a long time I really think is really solid for someone looking for a new corp / returnee :smiley:

Getting into a corp is always a wild guess but I think with some convo we can see if we might be a good match, atleast on HOW and WHAT you type … then you sound truly like a keeper … else I wouldn’t type a response without my glasses like I’m doing now xD haha.

For “more” info, check our forum post here.

But to keep it short; UMAH (corp I’m CEO for), playing under the alliance The Initiative, mixed corp with everything of it all sorta… timezone mix, indy/mining/pve and pvp - you can find friends in all of those things :slight_smile: I know what you mean with RL committment considering I got myself 4 kids, work and my superb dragon to keep me under control to not make too many PC hours :wink: And we keep that RL prio throughout the corp… it’s suppose to be fun and play when you want - not to feel it’s a demand.

Since you came from Init you got some pre-info but ofc the alliance have changed during the years aswell :slight_smile: We are around in Fountain as alliance and corp got our own little outpost in npc space aswell not far away - just to create the “home” feeling and corp community.

You should really hop on to our discord and have a chat, atm I’m in office but just poke me with a dm if you want to know more and I’ll probably have time, or later this evening perhaps? Up to you!

Either way - welcome back and I hope you find a solid, good corp to call home!

Heya mate,

Glad to hear you’re thinking about coming back. Off the top of my head the only addition to the game you’ll need to take note of is the introduction of the Triglavian faction & the creation of the Pochven region which was split off from normal space. Has some unique mechanics so try to read up on it before you accidently stumble in.

I’m pretty sure we in B0SS alliance would make a good fit for you as we are pretty laid back with an appreciation that RL stuff takes priority. Mix of EU & US.

Have a read about us on our wiki and swing by discord for a chat. Hopefully we can offer some useful advice at the very least :slight_smile:

Hi @Dornath_Megara

TDSIN is recruiting!

We live in lowsec, so we’ve an abundance of wormhole connections for pvp content! We roam, hunt through wormholes, black ops drop on people, and do medium sized fights every day in USTZ and EUTZ!

We pvp throughout the whole of New Eden as all the wormhole connections allow us to move around a lot.

We also just turned 13 years old recently, and we’ve got a lot of older players and returning ones joining. We have a casual laid back approach to things so there’s no CTAs or mandatory operations.

Our onboarding department is built specifically to help new and returning players lives a bit easier when they join and if people want it we do a fair bit of mentoring and hand holding to make sure people know the ropes as best they can.

If any of that interests you, hop into “TDSIN Recruitment” channel in game and come have a chat!

Here’s the link to our recruitment post on the forums for the whole spiel:

seems to me like you got a home whit us :smiley:

Dornath Megara, You sound like a perfect fit, we’d be happy to welcome you, check out the mail sent and let me know if interested.

hey bro
It is a great time to return, I have returned myself recently also and I love it. there is no game like this, with action happening all over the place Eve is just as lively as ever. I represent a well establish Null-Sec corp who is looking for pilots like yourself. we welcome all returning players and help them get back into eve and reestablished. we have recently getting alot of player like yourself joining up with us, you would love it down here. I would love to set up a interview and talk with you in what we can off you. I sent you a in-game msg with detail. look forward to hear from you
612c27c9e0f433e3ce6e193882fe5862a05c82ed_2_375x500

Hello Mate.

If you still looking then jump into our discord and we can have a propper chat. We are in FW but we use it only as an income stream and content generation tool while doing Blakops, Null roams and so on.

Thanks
Adam

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.