This forum is brutal

…yes

2 Likes

Welcome to the Internet!

1 Like

:hugs:

1 Like

The Internet is what WE make of it. It’s our choice to make it extreme or welcoming.

yayyyyyy
group hugging this forum is so wholesome

1 Like

I’d avise you to take a trip to jita, someone will be along to double all your isk. They are just being welcoming/helpful, if after 30mins you don’t feel happy ask for a refund.

1 Like

I’m happy to see so much joking and light banter on here. Isn’t that better than the usual bitter arguments you all regularly engage in?

1 Like

Lambasting the forum style of posts won’t really get you anywhere but i’m happy to see you try. Makes me laugh.

No, it’s like replacing meth with caffeine. It’s good for like ten minutes if you take enough of it, but very quickly you’ll start craving the real thing.

2 Likes

Hello New Player,

I do not believe a single word you say.
Please prove ANY of it.

Being serious now, the anonymity granted by the internet generally means that there are FAR fewer social consequences to one’s words and actions. This means that more extreme viewpoints - and extreme deliverances of more moderate views - is more prevalent.

Luckily, the ISD team and the general forum rules tend to keep us within limits.

The other thing to understand is that control is power. In EvE if I can get you to react to my actions, then I am the one calling the tune.

The forums are another extension of the game for many, so their posts are designed to control readers’ - or perhaps a specific reader’s - reactions.

If a player can control another player’s reactions, then the targeted player will likely make a mistake that will benefit the first player. That could be giving an opening in in combat, tricking a mark into falling for a scam, or causing some poster to reveal some information they would rather keep under wraps.

EvE is brutal. It’s just expected that the EvE forums are too.

But just keep in mind that - for the most part - EvE players are decent folk, even if they are playing the baddies.

–Gadget welcomes you to New Eden

3 Likes

Except that light banter cannot be likened to meth.

So young and naive…

Remember, unlike weed, you don’t wanna hold your breath while smoking meth. It’s bad for your lungs.

1 Like

Yes, I’m sure I read that somewhere, lol. I’m still asking, is that a bad thing?

I’ll pass the info on, thank you for the tip :wink:

Not at all.

People think their opinion is fact. Others say ‘think of the children’.

If you stick around a while you’ll see it’s very common.

It is very common, especially in politics. But calling bs on someone can be done without insulting their whole family and ancestors.

2 Likes

As a new player I would have thought you would be asking about mining or missions, some PI some pvp some eve related stuff, but alas no, nothing but passively questioning the ethical posting techniques of the regular forum poster. I find this scenario very interesting looking forward too seeing where this eventually ends up.

Here:

7 Likes