This not the EVE I loved *Update*

Well, not exactly. At 80M sp injectors are not really worth the cost. Even after 50M they are just 60% efficient.

1 Like

Blanket war decs were hurting the game. It was discussed in was it 2018 CSM logs that newbies after being wardecced just stopped logging in after a while entirely. And this was no insignifigant number of people, which is why it was agreed something had to be done. This devblog alludes to that bit but does not outright say it, specifically:

We believe that the best EVE experiences involve players making informed choices with benefits and consequences. As much as possible we want to avoid having the game’s systems push players into situations where avoiding social interaction in NPC corps or logging off for a week are optimal choices.

At the moment far too many wars are lacking actual combat for either side, and we hope to start refocusing the war system with an aim to generate the types of wars that provide real value to players.

You sometimes make good points but on this you’re so, so wrong. The reason the safety button exists in the first place is to help newbies not be blapped by highsec’s complex aggression and police mechanics, which older players used to lever extra advantage against new players. And I’m sure still do.

Almost all “dumbing down” has been done to with one thing in mind: To help EVE retain new players. I’m sure we can all agree this is a good thing?

And I’ll say it again - what keeps people playing EVE or any other MMO are the friends they make, not the perceived hardness of the game. The difficulty/mercilessness might help weld players together, sure, but the reason I’ve played this game more or less actively for the past 13 years (and on/off two before that) wasn’t because of clone costs, blanket wardecs, escrow scams etc, but the friends I’ve made in this game and the community, and particularly my own, little community in my own little corner of space.

2 Likes

Only after CCP messed it up themselves. The silliness of decs in the end were a direct result of players reacting to the changes CCP had made earlier. Had they made DIFFERENT choices, better informed ones, then it would never have gotten out of whack.

It’s just like the whole Trig stuff. First they make HS safer by removing pvp options and then they introduce npcs to make up for it. It’s doing things backwards, shooting themselves in the foot.

So do not for one second suggest that CCP makes well informed design choices, just because it suits your agenda. They don’t, they never have.

2 Likes

I never said anything about “well informed design choices”, kthxbai.

2 Likes

You did by suggesting that CCP did the right thing. Also, “kthxbai” is for 5 year olds.

Takes one to know one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see you’re avoiding the actual point. And also, no it doesn’t.

You had no point. I’ve criticisized CCP plenty, and I never said the new wardec system is without faults. It’s still better than what it was, IMO.

1 Like

That’s not how your earlier post reads.

It suits your agenda to pretend players weren’t already forming mega wardec alliances before the war changes. Hint. They were. We would have ended up with one mega war dec alliance without CCP changes.
CCP change this stuff in response to player abuse to return the balance to where it was as the meta game skews it.

2 Likes

I’m not pretending that at all, given the fact that I state that had they made different changes before, it would have had better results.

Many of the items in that list aren’t bad design, they are harsh design.

Harsh design was something that I really enjoyed in older eve. Real life doesn’t stop you before you cross a road and ask if you are sure that you checked for traffic. It doesn’t ask you if you really want to lose your wallet and so on

Forgetting cargo, taking the wrong gates, buying the wrong modules, making horrible mistakes on the market. Those things all made eve a dark and hostile game, which made your victories feel really special.

6 Likes

Can i have your stuff

The only bad thing about instant corvettes is there’s no way to remotely throw them away. You have to be in that station to throw one out. If you’re not careful you’ll end up with them everywhere, cluttering up your Assets list.

4 Likes

I was part of the WoW classic movement but haven’t been keeping up with it. Good to see they are catching on. Let’s hope it’s a lesson for every MMO company.

3 Likes

Assets. Right click. Trash.

1 Like

noob.

im a new player and agree with all of his points!

this isnt just a problem with eve but with almost any mmo! these games get dumbed so the casuals (stupid people) can play it and get everything with no effort!! everything that can make their little brains hurt will be cut out off the game!

the last days im reading more and more about the changes that happend to eve online and now………

i would love to play the old eve online!!!

i really regret that i didnt play in the early days of eve and never gave this game a chance back in the day. (back in the early days of eve i did not like eves passive combat system, BUT TODAY I LOVE IT!! and i think the reason behind it was that i was just too young/stupid and did prefer fantasy type mmos like ultima online, meridian 59 or WoW)

i stopd my eve online sub for now and will wait some months until i see what directon ccp wants to go with eve! if they really wanna focus on carebears/retards and make eve a dumbed down casual mmorpg then im sry and i really have to quit, i dont wanna support these types of games, we already have way to many on the market!

i started with eve because i thought this game would be the last real sandbox mmorpg on the market but with reading about all the changes they made to the game, it just makes me sad!

awesome games gettin dumbed down is a really big problem we have today in the mmo scene and it has to stop!!

PLS STOP WITH EASY MODE AND GIVE US A REAL MMORPG BACK!!

WE DONT WANT CAREBEAR/CASUAL GAMES!

IF I WANT THIS I WOULD GO BACK TO WOW OR THE 10000 OTHER CASUAL FAKE MULTIPLAYER GAMES!!

PLS CCP GIVE US THE REAL MMORPG BACK!!!

1 Like

I’m interested to hear how a new player finds the game too easy. Could you give some examples? I also tried to check your killboard but I can’t seem to find it. Have you participated in PVP?

2 Likes

i did pvp abit but atm i dont stand a chance against the better equipd players (got killed 2 times in the Invasion event for doing stupid stuff^^)

i mainly talk about the pve experience! sure u could make the pvp experience better with making less highsec systems and make concord killable but the whole pve experience i had in eve was really boring and waaaay to easy!!

maybe endgame pve will be abit better but this is basicly the same like in any other mmo:

85% pve content is too easy and boring so every retard can do it with no effort and no whining (masskilling npcs and epic lootzz makes the casuals happy!) its the same in wow, they made it the same in swg and also in lotro, ultima, albion, etc and basically for the whole mmo market! IT SUCKS!!

the only thing in eve now that keeps me playin is pvp in lowsec (still wait until i have the right skills/weapons and ships)

but pve in eve sucks also the Invasion was freakin boring! :confused:

i dont want any handholding! i want hard hitting npcs that make me wanna group up already in the early game!! and if im lucky with my group, maybe! just maybe we get one good item what we have to share in the group! :wink: this type of gameplay was the most fun and memorable because u had to do it with some effort and u would also make aton of good Friends + the mixed in pvp to spice everything up!!!

this is the type of mmo im searching for years now! and still did not find it! (and if i find it it will some time later get changed because of the crybabies minority)

i thought eve would be like this, the oldschool mmo experience! (alot of old Reviews told me this but it seems like the game got changed alot,… and not for the better)

its just sad :frowning:

just tell me,… what type of player does need safety buttons? its freakin silly!!

and again, i agree with all the points the op did make!!!