“This week in EVE” is a weekly overview of EVE Online related news and events. The previous overview is here. Blue text links to further information.
The current “This week in EVE” gives an overview of week from July 8 to 14
- Project Discovery: Exoplanets allows you to discover real planets outside our solar system - Alpha players included
- Massive Tech-3 cruiser revamp
- Improved graphics: new Rupture/Munnin/Broadsword models, renovated battle stations, SKINS for Tech-3 ships and more
139 years ago, the Minmatar rebellion against the Amarr Empire was successfully completed with the liberation of the Minmatar home worlds. In celebration of the Minmatar Liberation Day, we made available a special ship SKIN for several Minmatar ships: Firewall Breach. The most striking feature of this SKIN is a symbolized silver Khuumak and a fiery red color gradient.
The results of the T-Shirt design contest are in. You have exceeded our wildest expectations!
- 168 two-color designs
- First place for Zooc Zhao: EVEolution
- Second place for Franky SixFingerz: Going somewhere?
- Third place for codorniz Ambrye: Booster
- Four instead of five subsystems (removed Electronic subsystem)
- Three, instead of four, subsystem choices per subsystem
- Ability to unfit rigs without destroying them
- A new dedicated 120m3 subsystem bay
Further details are available here.
- Maintaining Captain’s Quarters use up 4-6 weeks of dev time
- Current state of CQ starts hurting our dev teams
- Upgrading CQ would require 6-8 months of development time
- Less than 3% of the player base use Captain’s Quarters
- Twitch integration is not being used, freely available products are better and very popular
The resulting freed dev time will be used for producing new content and to improve and advance the technologies (e.g. working on a 64-bit client).
Join the EVE_NT alliance tournament parties! Have tons of fun during the Alliance Tournament and with fantastic EVE pilots.
- Venue: Antenna, Nottingham, UK,
- Dates: July 28 and 29, August 5 and 6
- 5 HD screens, 2 projectors, tons of fun!
- Beer discounts
Don’t miss the fun and grab your ticket now!
Professor Michel Mayor, who discovered the very first planet outside our solar system in 1995, introduces Project Discovery. Search for real life exoplanets from within EVE’s virtual universe, contribute to science!
- The Discourse: Project Discovery Exoplanets Goes Live
- Project Discovery: Exoplanets How-TO
- CCP dev stream: Project Discovery - Exoplanets
EVE is time consuming? You cannot have a quick battle? Everything takes hours?
Remiel Pollard proves this to be wrong! Check out his videos PVP Quickies and discover the rich potential of EVE. It only takes 1 to 3 minutes!
Wormholes are exciting and dangerous. Knowledge is power. If you want to explore wormholes, you can prepare yourself with a list of wormhole systems and deep intel. You can also check out the overview of wormholes for details.
Industry is profitable and fun! Use EVE Industry and calculate the profits for Tech-1, Tech-2 and Tech-3 items (including the component chain). It is easy to use and quick.
Do you need expensive ships and lots of money to get anywhere in EVE? No! Check out the guide to low budget salvaging by greybill with suggested ship fittings and explanations of skills and modules useful for salvaging.