July release - General feedback

We are excited to announce the deployment of the EVE Online July release on July 11.

Please use this thread for general feedback.

Quick info

Project Discovery - Exoplanets
Rebalance of Tech-3 cruisers
Patch notes
EVE Updates

This release brings phase two of Project Discovery, where pilots in New Eden will assist in real world science by searching for Exoplanets in conjunction with the University of Reykjavik, the University of Geneva and Massively Multiplayer Online Science. Additionally, we see a fundamental revamp of all tech-3 strategic cruisers.

The July release also brings new “Firewall Breach” SKINs in celebration of the Minmatar Republic’s Liberation Day, SKINs for Strategic Cruisers, further graphical enhancements with an overhaul of the visual assets for NPC battlestations, as well as a redesign of the Rupture, Muninn and Broadsword, plus many more fixes and improvements that make New Eden a better place.

###Additional information threads
Known issues (PC)
General feedback and issues (Mac)

2 Likes

Can’t find the new ship skins…

The tweaks to explosion sounds in anomalies are NOT an improvement - they sound like cheap nasty firecrackers and distant .22 rifles: very jarring, and compounded by the fact that they are horribly out of sync with the actual explosions - I’m hearing them until several seconds after I’ve cleared a site. I just did two high-sec Gurista sites, and it only took that long for my irritation to reach a sufficient level to prompt me to post here. The high pitch is (imo) highly irritating - the sounds really need to be less “trebly”, and more “bassy”.

EDIT: I just ran a drone assembly or cluster, and same thing: horrible, rifle-shot-echoing-in-the-valley sort of sound. Also, zooming out does nothing to reduce the volume, and courtesy of the recently(ish) crippled “advanced” audio options, I can now not find a way to tone down this aural abomination. 10 mins back into the game, and I am finding it intensely unpleasant, enough to put me off, and turning sound off is not a solution, as that’s no more appealing…

4 Likes

Skins are on now!

Ok let me see if I can break down the changes?

Old T3 Roles, Battleship sized power and defense in a Cruiser sized platform to take on the biggest and worst wormhole combat.

New T3 Roles, Gimic Swappable ships with baseline stats that must be less than T2 Cruiser counterparts and can’t do wormhole combat?

At least we now have the ability to put on skins!!

Here I made a video for you

6 Likes

Very informative video

260mil per tick pales in comparsion to the isk making potential per tick the T3c changes have made, just hope CCP doesn’t nerf it too much

At least you were able to admire tengu before you sell it try it with loki tou will puke on your way to dock.

1 Like

"The procurement officers for major pirate factions across New Eden have been struggling to supply enough Small Ancillary Armor Repairers to equip their fleets, and their previous fallback of making up the difference from purchases on the open market is starting to require an ever-larger portion of their budget. Consequently, they have requested that their in-house research and manufacturing divisions increase output of these modules significantly until their module stockpiles have recovered. For a limited time, the chance of obtaining Small Ancillary Armor Repairer blueprint copies from attacks against pirate data sites has increased massively."
Have you considered that demand for those was high because of alphas? Now you’ll oversupply market…

1 Like

As the note says, this will be for a limited time. Additionally, there are other reasons why the price is so high, not related to alphas.

1 Like

I have to say, I was looking forward to seeing what the T3 rebalance would bring.

I had my fingers crossed for good things.

I did not expect them to be nerfed into the ground.

Everything that T3s can do in any configuration now, I can do better with something else.

They are now modular T1s at best.

Made a small fortune selling all mine. Was fun while it lasted.

1 Like

With the probe scanner window open, listing all anomalies, when i warp to one, uppon landing, the whole probe window refreshes and gives me updated distances to other anomalies.

this is a huuuuuuge QOL improvement, except it happened like 3x out of 50, is this a wanted change ?because i cannot see it in the changelog, and cannot make it refresh on its own each time i warp to an anomaly, this refresh is totally random…

i would love this to be an actual thing, just dunno how that happened…

1 Like

Please rethink the design of Lokis Adaptive Defense Node. The bulge dosen’t fit in the lokis general design. This bulge was ugly since ever.

1 Like

CCP I am disapointed that you have nerfed the T3 ships into the ground, way to go to lose subs!
Another nail in the coffin for many with this move!

1 Like

New NPC explosion sounds are really terrible. I turned audio off for the first time in 6 years.

4 Likes

I put a lot of effort trying to give feedback, but the focus group seemed hard pressed on buffing T2 and they are delusional thinking that nurfing t3 was the way to go.

I repeatedly and constantly ask for fits that would do the basic jobs T3c would need to do in wormhole space and they said to just use other ships. That being able to switch subsystems was a buff to T3’s . Still don’t have a answer why they didn’t have to actually run sites.

1 Like

Ok.
Any Proteus Cores: +2L
Proteus Defensive - Augmented Plating: +1M, +3L
Proteus Propulsion - Hyperspatial Optimization: +2L

Total: 7L. Very good for passive armor tanking and 3 damagemods.

But Proteus Defensive - Nanobot Injector: +2M, +2L
And very useful cap consumption Proteus Propulsion - Localized Injectors: +1M, +1L

Total: 5L… (4 slots for armor tank + 1 damage mod…)

5 low slots? For active armor tanking ship? With nerfed armor resists?!
Devs, are you completely idiots???!!!

1 Like

Thank you for trying but it would seem CCP have earplugs in and are humming. Big mistake! Huge!

1 Like

The kabooms, make them stop.

No more explosions

5 Likes

[quote=“CCP_Phantom, post:1, topic:9623, full:true”]
The July release also brings new “Firewall Breach” SKINs in celebration of the Minmatar Republic’s Liberation Day, SKINs for Strategic Cruisers…[/quote]

You might sell more skins if the skin preview window, where one can look at the ship from any angle, had enough illumination to actually see the skin–like the image linked above.

I don’t see the Tengu SKIN in the store either, search comes up empty.

2 Likes