This will not end well

Right, language has slowly evolved towards vocabulary, in hundreds of languages, with alphabets. (Yes, Chinese pictographs is part of an ancient language),

But hey, along came the Internet, and twitter, and 140 characters to express yourself, and we have created a generation of people that rely on cute piles of turds to say stuff.

I shudder for the future. Mike Judge’s movie was to be a parody, a farce, not a template for society.

3 Likes

Do not the most moving moments of our lives find us all without words?
Marcel Marceau

3 Likes

Yes, and that’s my point. I would rather the forum remain word-driven and not be muddled down by “emoticons”. But alas, that’s not the world we live in. Not a big deal, either, just a preference.

2 Likes

there is :hamburger: but where is :cheeseburger:?

2 Likes

:guardparrot:

5 Likes

Wow I can’t even use gif emojis :frowning:

2 Likes

Well it’s easy, we’ll just use Reddit. Or nothing at all.

1 Like

:fastparrot::fastparrot::fastparrot::fastparrot::fastparrot::fastparrot::fastparrot::fastparrot::fastparrot::fastparrot::fastparrot::fastparrot:

:psyccp:

2 Likes

I don’t see the use of emojis taking away word driven posts and content. It just adds some ‘fun’ to the forums, just like the pictures and gifs. You don’t have to use them if you don’t want to. I for one, don’t mind it at all. I rather like the new bits of freedom the new forums offer.

3 Likes

Dancing Guard parrot, yes please! :guardparrot:

2 Likes

my wildest dreams are true :guardparrot:

2 Likes

Where is the promised (by OP) bad ending??

This just keeps going on in the slo-mo-car-crash way such threads usually do.

Feel mis-sold, want a brain cell refund for the ones expended reading thus far. Seriously, I didn’t have many spare.

2 Likes

They were a BAD idea!

I am free!

The title says it! It was prophetic.

2 Likes

This emote inspired me to put my photoshop skills to work to pixelate Guards’ Cardboard Friend Ship for emote size. :relaxed:

image :guardshipparty:

Thank you for this wonderful Dancing Guard Parrot creation! :grin:

1 Like

And how does a person who has a shaved head or naturally bald achieve this? I don’t think “letting your skin down” would somehow achieve the same results!!

Somehow or another I’m managing to agree with your overall sentiment – yes, emojis are dumb as ■■■■ and I wish they would go away too – and yet still can’t manage to get over your sad-sack delivery enough to find myself nodding to your posts.

This isn’t the first time. You have a gift. Teach me.

1 Like

This thread should have ended with Mr Handsome. The prophecy is broken which may lead to a mr or mrs handsome/bodacious #2

I present Miss New Eden 2017. Good note to end on.

1 Like

Ill make it a duet next time…first warning!