Ticket ignored

I have a ship that have 50 km optimal range and 50 km falloff. I found that my ship misses all the shoots in stationary target with big signature (POS) at 90 km range. EVERY TIME. I investigated it more and realized that I start hit that target around 55-60 km. I realized that there is something wrong with game mechanics or gun description and raised bug report with proof screenshot showing my guns description with ranges and combat log with all the misses.

My ticket was closed and this was the response:
Thank you for submitting a bug report. We appreciate you contacting us, the feature in question is functioning as designed.

Could someone explain to me - am I wrong? As I know, I should have 50% hit rate on big stationary target at optimal+falloff.

Perhaps if you post your fit someone might shed some insight on what might be happening.

I am using Confessor with Dual Light Beam Laser II with Aurora S in attack mode. No other modules that could affect range.

A Confessor in Sharpshooter mode.
Dual Light Beam II + Aurora S

Optimal is 43.3km + 2.5km fall off.

You may be able to fire at a target 90km away, but you aren’t going to hit it. Even at 50km your damage will be very low

…the feature in question is functioning as designed. is a very fair response. They have not ignored your ticket.

You may be being confused by the pop-up window on the weapon icon giving the total range of the falloff (i.e. 43.3km + 2.5km = 45.8km) - which is a much more useful bit of information in the heat of battle as it saves having to do the addition yourself.
At 50km you are in the third falloff and chance to hit and damage will be very low even against huge stationary targets. Much beyond third falloff it’ zero.

Energy weapons have very short falloffs, unlike projectiles, so fight just inside the optimal range to get good application. It’s s different mindset to flying, say, Minmatar ships.

1 Like

Where are you reading such long falloff on a laser from?

Lasers typically have extremely short falloff, but I haven’t looked at the stats to check what you are saying as your setup.

It just seems very wrong given the weapon type.

You may be being confused by the pop-up window on the weapon icon giving the total range of the falloff (i.e. 43.3km + 2.5km = 45.8km) - which is a much more useful bit of information in the heat of battle as it saves having to do the addition yourself.

That might be the case. I thought it was displaying “OPTIMAL + FALLOFF”. Then I was wrong. Thank You for clarification and help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.