To end The War

Dear me, well at least there has been one bit of progress, Ms. Kim is now spelling Gallente with a capital ‘G’… Sometimes.

5 Likes

At core the formation of the Caldari State was solely due to the belief of the Federation that they could have their cake after having eaten it. Caldari corporations were ousted from being given a stake in the Federation by being afforded the same rights and recognition as any other member-state within the Federation. As such it becomes disingenuous to claim corporate colonies as illegal when the Caldari corporations that founded and invested in them along with the people that lived there were not considered citizens by the Federation in the first place.

No taxes (or in this case colonies) without representation I’m afraid.

1 Like

Nope. She’s too small fish for them to care.

2 Likes

It doesn’t really matter whether were they under Federal authority or no. What does matter is that the Federation started changing their own laws in order to demand us to pass control over colonies to them. There were no laws or restrictions in the Federation that would prohibit corporations to build colonies.

Our corporations didn’t violate anything, when they built colonies. Still the Federation started using its democratic mechanism to take over property of minority (Caldari) to majority (Gallente), who would vote for that.

And this is the reason why so many Caldari hate democracy.

Technically, it should have been put like:
“She is not a Megacorporate CEO for CEP to have direct control over her, nor did anything wrong for them to care.”

But looks like you two just came into the discussion only for trolling, no?

There’s a concept in democratic societies that applies called ‘the tyranny of the majority’. Basically, it means that any minority population needs to have protections against 50.0001% of the population deciding ‘let’s screw those guys over’. I don’t know if the Federation has protections like that now, but it’s clear they didn’t then.

It’s also one of the things we walked away from by moving from the Parliament to the Tribal Council (which, after all, is a structure far closer to the CEP than to the Senate). Really, Diana, if you’d get over the biases that the CEWPA fighting has ingrained in you, you might see that the Republic and the State have a lot more in common than you might think.

Both the Republic and the State achieved space flight on their own. Both of them threw off the oppression of an overbearing, expansionist power that insisted their way was the only right-thinking culture. Neither believes in legalized oppression of other human beings, and neither one subscribes to the dangerous philosophies of mob rule like the Federation. Rather, both have their power structures built around interdependent, but autonomous organizations whose internal operations are their own affair. Those organizations, whether Tribe or Megacorporation, each send a representative to the council that sets policy for the entire nation.

There’s also the preference for shields over armor, but that’s a side thing.

Remember, Diana: there is no actual alliance between the State and the Empire, just a non-aggression treaty. We don’t like expansionist, imperialist powers looking to shackle us to their foreign ideology any more than you do. It’s just a shame you can’t see past the political landscape to realize that.

3 Likes

Quoted for truth

1 Like

Ah! But it is not.
You see, what is characteristic of dishonorable people, among all the facts they present, they manage to squeeze in some lies for their purpose.

For example here, Arrendis was clearly trying to kiss my… something. But look carefully what she’s writing.

We are now the most technologically advanced nation, there is no match to Caldari scientists and Caldari engineers. We even built the first jump drive… And among all these things that we did do, all the history books of the New Eden will show that we actually didn’t develop space flight ourselves.

Gallente brought that.

The first jump drive was Amarrian. The first warp drive, however, was Caldari.

3 Likes

And the acceleration gates that’s practically everywhere these days, marking the entrances of Deadspace Complexes? The Minmatar made that (as a workaround for the lack of a functional warp drive back in the day).

4 Likes

Indeed, I made a mistake. Please excuse me.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. So I must be lying, but you, in claiming the Caldari built the first jump drive, aren’t? I’m perfectly willing to admit I was mistaken, Diana, but your double-standard there is… telling, don’t you think?

3 Likes

I wasn’t lying, I made a mistake and apologized for that, while you were just “willing”, which is quite doubtful per se. You trolls shall learn to do this as well, or you’ll never become civilized and respectable people and will just remain detestable space garbage to the end of your days.

1 Like

wow, this needs some actual reality injected… i mean, don’t get me wrong, but you ain’t going to end any wars, ever. this forever war between the empires is just a charade to keep capsuleers busy and out of the plqces where it matters. where the real war should be waging!

so, let’s say i show proof that i’ve killed 50 gallenteans. let’s say i’ve killed 50 gallentean pods in a week, in gallente space, and to make sure they’re not just brand spanking new capsuleers, let’s say they’d have to have at least a sec of 3.0!

what do you pay me after the act, with proof provided? i shoot 50 frogs, what’s in it for me?

Yes, Diana, I made a mistake, there was an error in my information. My point, however, is that if you’ll notice, you’re the only one who immediately accuses people of lying when that happens. That’s an ill-mannered response, and speaks even more of your inability to see past your racist preconceptions.

7 Likes

It’s because you were openly lying about me on multiple occasions, goon.
Shoo, and stop poisoning these forums.

1 Like

Uh-- actually I think the two issues are a little separate, Arrendis. She tends to see lies everywhere when dealing with allies and other Caldari, too, so…

1 Like

You label anyone who says anything critical of you as ‘lying’, Diana. But you’ve yet to disprove a single thing I’ve said. All you do is deflect, evade, and accuse.

4 Likes

Mr. Parasol, I don’t show any proof that I killed frogs, I don’t demand any reward for it. It is just a job I do. And this job I do not just for myself, but for the whole State, for the whole humankind. The people you’ve killed, they could have killed honset Caldari workers if you wouldn’t stop them. Is this thought not enough reward? Knowning, that you did something for survival of not just yourself, but for the survival of whole nation, for the whole humankind?

The State is the place where we all live, and all of us shall contribute, we all shall build it together, we all shall defend it together. Because it is our home, because we live there, and what we do for the State we do for all citizens including ourselves. And we are proud that we won’t become leeches like individualistic gallente.

There is a good saying. Don’t ask what the State can do for you, ask yourself what you can do for the State.

Good job ignoring his larger point there.

2 Likes