To many mining bots on ice systems

its not the bumper bumping its the botters botting. As you said, bumping is encouraged and a form of pvp & endorsed. I’m not the op and personally don’t have any issues being bumped when i mine atm. Idk, maybe start a corp of bumpers to routinely bump macks & retrievers off their rocks out of spite. Doesn’t sound profitable but would have satisfaction knowing I’m ganking profits for so & so botters inc. Just my thoughts as meaningless as everyone elses

The bigger issue is ice minig being so regular you can set your watch to it in high sec. Make it not so easy and these mass multiboxers wont do it. Also take away some safety.

Do you have any conclusive proof that they’re botters?

A large multiboxing operation, sure, but there’s nothing wrong with that, in its own right.

No, your right. I don’t have any proof. I don’t have the information as to how they interact with EvE’s client and I’m guessing CCP also has the same problem. With that said, I would like to also state that when I am present and the ice belt spawns…All 20+ clients pop right in simultaneously almost. its magical! Now, Its hard enough as I have read on these forums for groups to form at a given time for anything as rl comes first right? Whether its planned roaming, incursion, pos defense or whatever…but hey its ICE! On time everday to the minute in fact you have 20+ “players” show up ready to mine for hours. No paid days off? I took a 6month vacation playing other games and I come back to the same characters, same systems with same Orca capin in seat. More than likely is a large multibox operation, however, the guy is really good a micromanaging all those clients, no really! He must be a really DEDICATED pro to sit there and have the patience to captain each client everyday like that. Hats off to him as it would have me pulling my hair out in less then a day.

Yeah, I know where this is going and its not a game breaker for me at least. I find it amusing to an extent and know the ice goes somewhere for someone :slight_smile:

I have accepted this, however, I can see how it would frustrate others alot. I am patient, and I do mine with more than one account, but no where near 20 and alot less then 10. Hey, you know maybe its only 10 ppl with 2 accounts each? You never know!

Counterbumping the bumper is pretty difficult. The only ways to really annoy him would be mining all the ice for yourself, bump his orca and freighters, kill his mtus and steal his ice.:sunglasses:

That is just a thought, not a proposal. :blush:

I use endurances with 1mn AB Fittings, orbiting the ice riots :slight_smile:
With an 10mn AB Boost Porpoise … orbiting …

but should this thread not in "Gameplay? "

Ever heard of fleet warp?

Assumption. Some people gave up on real life.

Ice belts respawn 4 hours after clear. What makes you assume that they don’t do any of this between the belts? And just so we are clear - 2/3 breaks of 3 hours is more than enough time to get proper sleep done.

They pop into local, right on que. As to when they get to the belt its usually the same. Have I ever heard of fleet warp? I guess your trying to be a real nice guy, hehe cute.

really? does that mean they also gave up on eating, sleeping, and using the bathroom as well? let that sink in real good.

lol, right like they go anywhere cept to log off. The real question here is…why are you defending them? I’ve tried talking to them, inviting them to fleet, mail sent all auto-reject when i did. No interaction…AMAZING! so social and friendly or not even unfriendly just there mining ice everyday. Must be fun sitting in front of that computer screen watching an ice harvester much of the day. Like i said, a real pro that happens to be dedicated to mine ice. hehe

1 Like

These days the only requirement you have to make for certain players to accuse you of botting is to have a fleet. If you have an orca or freighter and several mining ships, you will be called bot. Even if you respond to them, they don’t care, they’ll still call you bot. A dozen miners? Some jealous player will have called you a bot.

It’s just a matter of sour grapes. Some players just get jealous when they see other’s doing it better than them.

I know off this guy/fleet in Angymonne. I’ve messed with him quite a bit, but he’s pretty good at resisting attempts to mess him up. Bots are easy to mess up. That guy is not a bot.

"No, your right. I don’t have any proof. I don’t have the information as to how they interact with EvE’s client and I’m guessing CCP also has the same problem. With that said, I would like to also state that when I am present and the ice belt spawns…All 20+ clients pop right in simultaneously almost. its magical! "

Ever heard of fleet warp?

1 Like

you know how to read? thats really cute how you quoted me without flagging me to see it. very sneaky just like the dude who sets his bot up then goes run errands. lol, wonders never cease.

they aren’t answering because nobody’s there to answer. sour grapes lol, what kind bs excuse for rmt is that?

You took the time to write all that without even attempting to explain what you wrote. Interesting.

Let’s try again. What is so magical about 20 characters warping in at the same time?

whats so hard about running 15 exhumers via one person? I mean the guy must be ALL pro. For real, if he can do that for long periods of time without going crazy for well…years. i feel bad for him. i really do.

its not about whos better. Are you serious? better at…mining…well he can have that title. however there is the issue with botting here which has spiked as of late in high sec. this needs to be really looked at. as many threads and many posts have brought this to light.

You’re not even making sense. First you sarcastically admit that you realise running multiple miners is not hard. At least I’m assuming sarcasm. Because it’s easy to mulitbox miners and that’s why many people run multiple accounts to do it.

And you still didn’t answer my question. What do you mean by his characters ‘magically’ appear? I guess you’re talking nonsense else you would not keep refusing to explain.

“The issue of botting”

Seriously, it’s like talking to a wall. That guy doesn’t seem to be botting. That’s clear from the fact that he is hard to mess with, there is a player there. Now you seem to just ignore facts and continue preaching the same old thing.

You’re just jealous of him.

Look this isn’t about me. Its about the “player” who is micromanaging 15 clients at the same time to clear two or more belts every two hours. Lol, like im jealous. Thats a good one. I mine because i enjoy it. I buy plex and im not poor or destitute. I see many come to the belt and i give them a boost in my fleet. like i have to explain myself when ol boy logs his 15 or more accounts & Sets his bot up for rmt.

to be honest i find all of it amusing hence the sarcasm. im speaking on behalf of the newer players trying to get a head start in EvE. the new corps trying to find direction i help with a max 40percent buff with good conversation. Player interaction is great! Your bot, oh im sorry your pro player should try it sometime, instead of auto reject. jealous lol!!

When these newer players come to mine there is no ice because of the pro “player” hence the other reason i want to get this addressed. Also if hes so good why doesnt he do it in null or low sec? im sure a big alliance would be more then happy to have a 20 man bot fleet oh player fleet sorry again.

Why do you keep making up lies? Seriously not helping your agenda here.

Firstly, micromanaging? You think mining requires micromanagement? You can be afk for several minutes at a time.

Next, clears the belts every 2 hours? How does he do that? That take 4 hours or more to spawn.

And on top of that, I was in that area a weekend or two ago and the guy never even logged in for most of the day. So much for every 2 hours.

Perhaps if you tried not to massively over exaggerate your claims then you wouldn’t come across as a sore loser with an agenda to ‘get your own back’, by trying to manipulate CCP to destroy his playstyle.

I guess you have to exaggerate though. What better way to rally people to your cause than to manipulate them with massively inflated claims.

3 Likes

You call THAT a playstyle? Its a bot runnin 15 or more clients to feed ice to a major alliance. it is what is and always has been. they want to change things to bring more players in great! here is one way to do it and help the newbros. either that or take all the belts and make them a random sig. Or take all the ice belts away from high sec.

No this isnt about me but about the game itself. I see ways to fix glaring issues. and you see a playstyle thats hard to convince exists. But really who is gunna sit in the chair and run 15 clients everyday like that? if it were up to me id take all ice mining out of high sec. they could even role play it out just like blackout. would make sense. have ice only spawn where there is no local. risk vs reward…

And there we have it. You’d be happy if they removed ice from hi-sec then. Case of the green eyed monster here. You’re sour grapes about something. Guy must have done something to annoy you, or it’s just jealousy.

If he’s a bot as you say, go mess up his mining, should be ready right? Guess not since you’re trying to beat this guy by having his playstyle deleted.

Or have them spawn as a random sig via constellation or region. If hes a player he shouldn’t have a hard time finding them right? Or would this hinder or cramp “his/her” playstyle because its not static in the same system, how convenient.

Yeah, I could probably gank one or two of his/her exhumers if i wanted. Would need 5 or more multiboxers to bump all the exumers off the rocks as well. We both know he has the funds to buy more. Shall I start a corp and call it bot busters? No, my time is more important to me thank you. Its easier to bring it to light here so the community is aware of whats going on and ways to make the game as whole better for all. With local taken out of null, you know there is going to be alot more high sec mining. It needs to be looked at all the more and you know it. Thank you for bringing this discussion further Fred. I appreciate your input, although we disagree. If he is truely not a bot and does indeed play meticulously with his multiboxing clients, I can safely say his “playstyle” is in the minority. CCP is looking for ways to help the game without breaking it, and discussions like these are good for them to look at before making decisions.

Whatever you say sour grapes. Sounds like you’re sour about local being removed from null too :smile: