To the SUN

So I wanted to get close to the sun, now you normally start very far away when you warp in, but I wanted to get closer.

so in a nutshell: I slaped a MDW on a dramial and set it to full speed towards the sun.

I’ve already made progress, as I am now much closer to the sun [I am now 371,000 KM away] I can now clarify: The sun IS a 3D model, and yes, it is stupidly far away.

This is a historic moment in New Eden history.

If you want to help with this please donate to me or my corp.

1 Like
  • take fast frig.
  • make bms around the sun by warping in then warping to destinations
  • warp from bm to bm, making other bms to get closer (name them 01, 02 … )
  • then use a slow warping ship to keep doing so
  • of course when you can go through the sun to reach a BM, do it
  • then use a freighter (if the warp is <1s you can’t place a new bm).

You should end up having a lot of BMs.
It becomes very tedious as you are into the sun, because the UI becomes very had to use (to bright)

2 Likes

Onboard ship AI is smarter than us capsuleers, it wont let us too close for ship to take damage and/or past gravity pull of sun - star…

Something like bumping prevents ship crashes…

Those were my 0.02 isk donation to your cause;)

Boo I seen a movie called Solar Flare(or something).

A super flare was building on the sun that would scorch the earth, so the most retarded scientist on earth said “Let take a crack team to the sun and set off a nuke INSIDE THE FLIPPING SUN(like that would bother a pimple on the sun) to trigger the flare early to miss the earth!” And how he wasn’t laugh out of the planning room, I DONT KNOW!

Well by the end, the whole thing is sabotaged, people are dead, and the hero had to pull a Bruce Willis in Armageddon to save the earth, and fly the nuke TO THE SUN(like they could miss it)…

1 Like

Pretty sure you’re talking about Sunshine, and the plot was actually worse than that. The problem wasn’t a solar flare, rather, the sun was burning out because ~reasons~ and they were using the nuke to juice 'er back up.

Decent soundtrack, though.

1 Like

Hmm… solar fusion mixed with nuclear fission. They’re opposites, so they must do interesting things when they mix.

(/sarcasm, I sure as ■■■■ don’t want to be known for thinking this to be true).

I would literally have nightmares after watching that. A horde of stupid people trying to convince me that nukes can magically “restart” a sun or stop a hurricane, while making sure I don’t get vaccinated and offering me tidepod appetizers while they prove to me that the Earth is flat.

So this thread is delightfully stupid, so I can’t help but chime in. :wink:

I used to have a bookmark at the very core of the Arnon sun. The warp in point at the time was directly opposite a celestial. It was super easy to drop a bookmark.

1 Like

No it was a movie that aired on the sci-fi channel right at the end of the nineties.

I just waisted 30 mins to see if it would come up on IMDB…

It’s a gift I can share with the world.

Well now I’m curious.

Whattabout

Jack Palance…

Maybe I’ll give it a try.

–Gadget will need :sunglasses:

What you’re doing is commendable but ultimately it’s a waste of time.

Now if you’re looking to make some safe spots, I suggest after warping to the Sun, position your ship to go straight up or down and let it travel in that direction for a while and then bookmark the spots. They also make great scanning spots for exploration too, especially if you have a cloak.

Speaking of exploration, click on the sun right after jumping into a system, select warp to 0 and immediately launch probes, then while in warp activate Covert Ops cloak. After exiting warp at the Sun, position your ship and start traveling as I mentioned before. That allows you to scan for exploration sites without having your cloak disrupted if somebody else by chance happens to warp there as well.

I have a spot inside the sun model in jita. Burned into the sun for about 9 hours going 7k a second to get there.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.