๐Ÿ’โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐‡๐ฒ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐๐ž๐ญ (๐๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ), ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฏ๐จ๐ญ๐ž

Strongly disapprove. They take the gaming sites away ok not the greatest call but ok. Then reintroduce a worse one.

Seems like a bad use of resources that couldโ€™ve been used for something useful and constructive like expanding the scope of the game or giving people more content.

Bad call

3 Likes

I think thereโ€™s a waiting period for characters new to the forums. Really not sure.

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

This surprises you after watching CCP fight against RMT so they could introduce their own RMT into the game?

4 Likes

Iโ€™m surprised also. I think raffles are fine. CCP is only ok with RMT that finds its way into their coffers. :moneybag:

1 Like

As someone who loved the old raffle sites like somer, Iยดm looking forward to this. Now the only thing is missing is a real betting system for stuff. Tournaments are so much more fun when you can actually bet on the outcome^^

1 Like

Me too, but has anyone figured out just how much the HyperCores will cost? :boom:

Tbh nothing surprises me anymore haha

I think they are already in the sisi store? Also, you only need the cores for setting up raffles. The tickets are getting bought with ISK

No. Theyโ€™re not in NES on SiSi. You can buy them on the market on SiSi for 100 isk atm. The HyperCores are for creating the HyperNode and are non-refundable once the HyperNode is created. You buy the chance to win the item with ISK.

RMT - Real Money Trading.

technically speaking CCP had โ€œtheir own RMTโ€ for ages now.

and every MMO will fight against third-party RMT - since itโ€™s actively hurting their income form the game.

2 Likes

Just donโ€™t pretend itโ€™s for moral reasons. CCP did that with SOMER Blink.

well, when certain activity makes it very easy to โ€œhideโ€ RMT, and RMT is hurting your own revenue, yeah banning that activity as a whole just in case does sound a cost-effective fix to that particular problem.

and no, it has nothing to do with โ€œmoral reasonsโ€. Itโ€™s just very simple business. And every single multiplayer game out there does actively fight against RMTers. Deal with it.

Sure, ok. How do you remember CCP characterizing its ban of โ€œonline gamblingโ€?

2 Likes

RMT is RMT. Substituting โ€œillegalโ€ RMT for โ€œlegalโ€ RMT does wonders for the company but fixes nothing. Botters still gonna bot as long as itโ€™s profitable. They donโ€™t care if its 3rd party or company run RMT. Regular players are still going to spend all their time grinding instead of playing for fun.

If you are going to take the high road and get rid of 3rd party RMT, then FFS donโ€™t take over the business.

2 Likes

I donโ€™t see the point in it, certainly not after CCP actively cracked down on the players doing the same thing in the past. On the other had do I give much of a damn about it? No.

Doubt Iโ€™ll ever use it. Donโ€™t really mind if others do. Idโ€™ have issue if the people buying tickets to participate in each raffle had to do so via actual cash and not just ISK.

Not only is this large-scale hypocrisy from CCP (You can not have raffles as this is online gambling and we completely disagree with this so are shutting you down and perma-banning you for doing it" becomes โ€œHey great news! We have invented the raffle but donโ€™t worry it legit isnโ€™t gambling in any way at all so please feel free to spend your rl money in the NES to get this running & have fun!โ€) is is also just plain wrong. It is online gambling and that is out of order to bring into this, or any other, game.

The announcement in EVE Vegas was basically:
โ€œWe have something we really like the idea of but we are not going to announce it here - you will have to wait a short while and we will announce it fully some time around late Novemeberโ€ - by Burger at EVE Vegas.
The reason it was not announced there is because they knew this backlash would come and they were scared of facing it. They โ€œdiscussedโ€ this at the CSM (it was item 27 in the minutes btw) but due to the NDA nobody said a damn word about it.

It is disgusting in the way it is just an attempt to make a quick buck from addiction and it is cowardly in the extreme to do it in this way.

4 Likes

More desperation really.

Anything goes when trying to scrape by the last $$$ to slightly up pump the inevitable sinking ship.

Yes, even going back on a once bannable offense โ€ฆ lolโ€ฆ

2 Likes

Lately? Lately? LATELY? Have you been hiding under a rock for the past decade? :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing much is going to happen because all those that cared already quit years ago. The current player base is full of instant gratification drones who are actually craving for additions like these.

2 Likes

You speak for yourself, chum - Iโ€™ve met very few of these โ€˜seekers of instant gratificationโ€™, if they exist at all.