๐Ÿ’โ€โ™€๏ธ ๐‡๐ฒ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐๐ž๐ญ (๐๐จ๐ฅ๐ฅ), ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฏ๐จ๐ญ๐ž

People who give SC money should have their credit score reduced for making bad financial decisions.

3 Likes

This is just plain stupid. Go and play SC when it is so much better.

For it to be RMT, technically you have to have a way to extract โ€œreal moneyโ€ out of the game. This doesnโ€™t do that, and selling ISK for RM is still a bannable offense.

1 Like

Rockstar, when releasing GTAO Patch that introduced Cassinos, removed acces to wheel spinning and lots of other gambling activities in that patch for many countries. I wonder if CCP is prepared to do the same thing, like the raffle will be available only in one country, not the other.

Technically, the GTAO have the same scheme as EVE, you can buy virtual $ from Rockstar in form of Shark cards, but you cant take the money out of the game. Gambling is only using virtual currency.

2 Likes

Yea yea

As opposed to now giving money into CCPโ€™s gambling platform I suppose โ€ฆ

1 Like

I think itโ€™s fantastic if only because we get to see everyone completely failing to understand what is / is not a violation of online gambling laws.

If anything, weโ€™re seeing that too many people here donโ€™t have the braincells to think critically and will immediately jump to emotional reactions. Especially hilarious are the morons using the โ€œthink of the children!โ€ argument, lmao.

It is a banable offence as it is something that goes on. So yes, there clearly ARE ways to extract it. The most basic being selling isk for rl currency which you just mentioned as well. Not sure what point it is you thought you were making.

The looks is all it has. The gameplay is completely boring and the animations and โ€œrealismโ€ is making most things just a stupid chore. Even if they release one day I doubt I will play it much.

Dude, while it isnโ€™t probably gambling for money in the sense of the law, it is still gambling. The issue isnโ€™t that it may be illegal today, but that this sort of thing gets currently discussed in politics because of the massive abuse in the AAA and mobile game sector. There is literally no saying how long this will last and if they run in trouble already in certain countries. Blink wasnโ€™t part of the game, this is.

And on top of that it is just another shitty monetization layer on top of all the others they alresdy added and that pisses me off the most. How about making a game people want to play instead of adding this crap to make money from addicts while ignoring actual game issues?

6 Likes

Thatโ€™s fine. But people need to learn the difference. The hilarious thing are all these armchair lawyers threatening about how this is illegal and will get EVE shut down.

Itโ€™s okay to be mad about microtransactions.
Itโ€™s okay to be mad about gambling mechanics.
Itโ€™s okay to be mad about monetization practices.
But these kids need to learn what the crap theyโ€™re talking about and stop freaking out with emotional knee jerk reactions.

Itโ€™s dumb to be threatening legal ramifications over things that arenโ€™t violating laws.

I disagree with it as a hypocritical move. CCP killed player run gambling when they saw it fit for ingame and legal issues and that caused serious damage to the community as many fan media relied upon donations to pay the time of their contributors; and now CCP wants money and returns player gambling for a real price, and yet the potential legal issues still are the same.

Money talks, of course. Better this than fire employees, to say so.

But it stinks.

1 Like

There was so much more options to make game better and they choose the thing thats despised by majority of players, gamblingโ€ฆ That is why they will stop existing as company, and that is why EVE will die sooner rather than laterโ€ฆ :cry:

3 Likes

There are going to be serious legal issues caused by this.

If I put a Titan, or Sotiyo BPO, up for raffle on the HNR, a case could be made that I ran the raffle (not CCP) and that the โ€˜prizeโ€™ exceeds AUD 1000. At that point I have a legal obligation to publish the winnerโ€™s real name in a newspaper.

Some player is going to get prosecuted over this.

1 Like

CCP made a mistake with incarna and doubled it with the Rubicon plan. I canโ€™t claim that catering to PvErs and highseccers would have worked better than what CCP has done, as after all they still have a gameโ€ฆ but all the efforts diverted to wrong directions just show that CCP is a one trick pony.

Theyโ€™re EVE Online developers, not videogame developers. And EVE Online has a expiracy date which I still foresee being around november 2021.

Because the game isnโ€™t going nowhere and the more it goes the more it depends upon momentum acquired in the past and milking whatโ€™s left of the population.

All in all, puzzles only are fun the first time you solve them, and EVE has been solved eventually.

Lmao, no. You canโ€™t.

In Belgium this system is defined as online raffles. The facilitator is CCP through the online platform EVE Online, the organisers will be players and the participants will also be players.

Any betting or gambling is regulated by the Gaming Comission. It states :

• The obligation to refrain from advertising aimed at minors. This means 18 years in Belgium
  • Incorporate warning messages in all advertising materials.
  • Donate all of the profits to an official charity

They should have just raised the account requirments to 18 years and registered as a betting company so they could have added cardgames (for the hardcore PVPer) and slotmachines (for the carebear PVEer). Anyways, those three violations are just the first that come to mind. I am sure CCP looked deeply into this and had lots of university lawyers go through the possible outcome. Canโ€™t wait to eat popcorn when the dumpsterfire breaks out. :wink:

1 Like

Everything in the server is the sole and exclusive property of CCP. Winners will get nothing but access and use permission, limited to the duration of the contract between them and CCP.

Since you canโ€™t take your Sotiyo BPO with you, you win nothing.

Link to the actual law please. Talk is cheap without proof.

It has been. Many times. In several threads. All in response to this question of yours. You need to up your game if you want to be a troll cos tbh youโ€™re failing at it badly.

1 Like

Show me where the Belgian online gambling laws were linked. :slight_smile: