Torpedo Missile Attack Battlecruiser

Why you necro bro

1 Like

Because I failed at reading last day stamps and had been away for a few days.

1 Like

I recently built a cap stable Thorax with two large blasters and three medium blasters. I cant wait to see how it performs against MTU’s and larger targets.

The only other cruiser that can fit two large based weapons is the Omen which I have not built yet.

The Cyclone is the only battle cruiser that I have been able to fit a torpedo launcher to while still be able to add other siege weapons.

Surprise surprise: you cannot fit a bunch of large modules on a medium hull! It’s almost like there is some balancing in play…

2 Likes

Obviously I did fit a large module on a medium hull.

Not only that, but a I fit two large modules on a cruiser hull. Fitting up ships like this is a fun way to break the normal routine of fitting ships.

Fitting ships in this manner also introduces Raw Skill emergent game play where your skills and your skill alone determine the destructive potential behind the ships weapons, instead of using ship bonuses, your character is pushing the damage with their skills only + hard wiring implants if they are being used.

One or two is not a bunch.

As has already been said, the damage potential of torps outclasses that if the turret-based ABCs - clearly the reason why the Minnie and Caldari ABCs are both turret-based instead of missile-based. Since there isn’t a good way to balance the factions with missile skills vs the factions without when it comes to creating ABCs that are supposed to be largely similar with minor variances in utility, the logical approach is to just not implement an imbalanced and unbalanceable pair of ships in the first place that are more than adequately represented in the battleship class as it is.

1 Like

Here, have some fun.

[Ashimmu, Ashimmu]
Reactor Control Unit II
Reactor Control Unit II
Reactor Control Unit II
Reactor Control Unit II
Reactor Control Unit II
Multispectrum Coating II

Warp Scrambler II
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Stasis Webifier II
Tracking Computer II

Dual 425mm AutoCannon II
Dual 425mm AutoCannon II
Dual 425mm AutoCannon II
Medium Energy Neutralizer II
Medium Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Explosive Armor Reinforcer I

2 Likes

Throwing the PvP player a curve ball is also fun. They are expecting a laser fit Ashimmu, which drags down the ships CPU, but instead they come across a projectile fit Ashimmu that simply never runs out of cap for some reason.

Imagination and creativity is also part the T/MABC.

There is another cruiser that has high CPU and is able to fit 2 x Cruise Missile Launchers.

Basically the idea is too create a large weapon ship on cruisers where you use Raw Skill DPS and Hardwired Implants to produce the DPS output.

Frigates fit with Medium based weapon systems should also be interesting.

What does this have to do with this thread?

Not all change is good change. The forum is full of moronic ideas from people who think more about novelty and themselves than of what would be healthy for game balance and player interaction as a whole. This is one of those ideas. There are even some forum regulars whose entire reputation is defined by their appeal to novelty and complete and total disregard for any and all sound logic that goes against their precious gizmos and gadgets. Do not become one of those regulars. Stop while you’re ahead.

Without a fitting tool handy, my guess is that it would do rather poorly compared to just a straight-up, gank-fit, medium blaster Thorax.

Why you ask? Two reasons:

1. The Thorax’s bonuses don’t apply to the large hybrid turrets.
  2. You almost certainly have no damage modules fit.

I’m all in favor of meta-breaking fits, but they have to make sense.

Why was this thread necroed AGAIN :sob:

Because I’m a sucker for pointing out comedy fits and I’m bad at reading date stamps.

:wink:

2 Likes

Taking bad fits and making them good fits is what is fun about fitting.

Quit boiling Archer.

I agree with this statement 100%.

I just have yet to see any good fits here. Using oversized weapons on platforms not bonused for them almost invariably yields terrible results.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.