Tourists vs. Residents, and the costs of playing EVE as Omega

Decidedly, either you are extremely clumsy, in which case you would be legitimately excused, or you are perfectly in your role of troll manipulator of the players of EvE Online, since for that, you deliberately accumulate under this topic, as many nonsense as shameless lies , in which case you would unfortunately be to blame.

For your personal guidance, there are international trade laws that make any form of publication of company accounts mandatory! And these publications are therefore accessible!

CCP hf. absolutely no exception to this golden rule in 2022!

The reality is very sad in the end since, contrary to the persistent soul of New Eden at its beginnings (I have already explained it at length on this forum, I have been faithful to CCP since 2003), the evolution of the policy of this company unfortunately happens! in contempt of this child’s soul unfortunately, and by extension, in contempt of all its veterans; that’s why a lot of players have definitely turned their backs on EvE Online, and for some, I know, reluctantly.

The EvE Board that you are brandishing here speaks for itself, since out of more than 17 million characters registered by CCP since 2003, only 25 to 26,000 accounts are observed simultaneously connected today, and this fall continues, even has accelerated since the announcement of this grim inflation of +33% imposing itself on players, without the slightest new content in return, apart from these repetitive cosmetic updates; take us for hams.

For the record, in 2009, when the game reached its peak with the release of Dominion at the end of 2009, CCP could count on more than 50,000 accounts connected simultaneously, with an average of 1,500 new players per day! Then there was successively Tyrannis, Incursion then Incarna in 2011, and then there, crash.

So what is actually happening that is about to torpedo EvE Online so badly today despite the undeniable success of its debut (2003-2009)?

It’s very simple: the implementation over the years of a totally flawed marketing strategy, and this alas! in defiance of the passion tirelessly expressed by its own customers. So inevitably, when you no longer listen to your customers at all, eh! well messed up.

Because to want to run several hares permanently at the same time, and this probably only by greed, eh! Well, you always end up throwing your baby out with the bathwater. And in this case, this CCP baby, hey! well it is indeed EvE Online. Historical examples of progressive betrayal abound: Dust 514, EvE Valkyrie, Gunjack, Gunjack 2 End of Shift, Sparc, World of Darkness Online (cancelled), Project Legion (cancelled) and EvE The Second Genesis (cancelled), Project Nova (cancelled), and this until the fateful moment of the development of pay to win mobile versions: EvE Echoes (3.3/5 on Google) and EvE War of Ascension.

https://opencorporates.com/companies/is/4506973469

Forgive me, but I’m an engineer, and when I look at such a dubious track record as that of CCP with so few resources in front, especially since their 2011-2017 restructuring, hey! of course, this can only end very very badly in the end.

There’s no doubt that CCP had eyes bigger than their stomachs.

You say Pearl Abyss would impose things on CCP to order them to make more money. Let’s not forget that if a sale took place in 2018, it was indeed that CCP needed it in order to support its development despite the pay to win implemented since the arrival of PLEXs! What do the results and benefits of CCP hf tell us. from 2015 to 2018 already, or even those of 2019? Oh yes ! That’s right !

Phew! It certainly seems to be recovering in 2020, but at what price, and this remains to be confirmed above all with the results of 2021; but my little finger tells me that if +33%… So certainly, Pearl Abyss is most certainly doing its part of the work, but this again, in defiance of the child’s soul of New Eden; Where have the true passionate minds of CCP gone for having dared to impose such a financial penalty on us after so many years of faithfulness hoping for new content, and believing promises never kept? So inevitably, the players have had enough and express themselves; for my part, I have remained rather discreet so far, but when the pond is full.

As we say back home, the devil is always in the details, and therefore never in the mass propaganda and ad nauseam influence communication in which you too seem to be taking part despite your previous denial.

On good terms, I salute you: we will never be their cash cows!

Ully Loom