Tourists vs. Residents, and the costs of playing EVE as Omega

Definitely.

Lolipops do indeed have whelks’ IQs after all. It is an established fact now.

They never wonder why the killboard gives them no information between 2003 and 2007, ie at least 4 years without any public information on what really happened in those years.

However, despite this, you draw certain hasty conclusions by way of denigration?

It is indeed the veterans who made the reputation of this online game, in no case the lolipops of today.

In these years 2003-2007, four years at least the most constructive and positive of New Eden, at a time when the negative and greedy authoritarian influence of CCP was not yet felt within this virtual universe, at a time when today’s inequalities between characters still didn’t exist, you just have no idea what EvE Online could represent to all the players present at that time.

But my list of connected friends has gradually died out since those years. I know a handful of them IRL, all science fiction fans like me, with whom we meet sometimes for a drink or two, or three, while putting the world to rights; for some of them, the killboard displays: none.

When we approach the EvE Online subject that we all know very well, we all come to the same conclusion, namely: CCP literally screwed up out of greed. Now we’re looking hard at Star Citizen and other equally promising titles; out of the small band of friends that we are, I’m the only one who really stayed on EvE Online beyond 2011 to observe the course of things within New Eden until today; they carefully follow my recent pro-ALPHA analyses, reflections and decisions, and we debate it among ourselves because the question of the perfect metaverse in the field of science fiction interests us a lot, and we are moreover all convinced that on this specific point, CCP has just made a very serious error which can be fatal to EvE Online:

Tomorrow evening, we meet again for a game of Eve CONQUESTS which already promises to be memorable; we love this extraordinary board game, and when we play it, we all become fans of CCP for a moment, of what it represented for us in those years.

But not anymore !

Also, please spare us all your toxic interventions which bring absolutely nothing to the debate, except the proof of your active participation in the piling up of subjects allowing CCP to silence all the questions which hurt on this forum, such as that of the price increase, which the ongoing accumulation of comments under this other topic read no less than 34,000 times, amply confirms:

CCP is unaware of all this anger that has been expressed somehow, for nearly two months on this forum; CCP ignores everything and eludes everything:

“Because the developers of the game rarely interfere, EVE is an experience that often feels less like a video game and more like a libertarian social experiment. As such, it attracts an intellectual – and extremely driven – player base.”, The Guardian.

The elitist joke !

Well, you really have to read it to believe it. Because from the point of view of pure false advertising propaganda, there is really no better in this old world dying under the weight of climate change, pandemics and wars.

Our Icelandic Vikings did it! On the way to an era of lust, one of the seven deadly sins…

To be continued…

Ully Loom