Towel Day

Is there any chance that next time the whole ‘what freebies shall we give pilots’ discussion comes up at Grandagarður 8 someone could suggest a Blueprint Original for a rolled-up towel please to honour Towel Day*?

I’m a massive Douglas Adams and HHG2TU fan and I want to have one in every spacecraft I own (hence why I want a BPO [please?] rather than a BP, so that if I lose it, I can make another one).

*Here’s some links if you’ve not heard of it as yet:

http://www.towelday.org

3 Likes

3 Likes

I could calculate your chance of success, but you won’t like it.

5 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

I choose 42 :smiley:

2 Likes

I was hoping for a dev to come and tell me that this’d be fine and in the next batch of freebies.

< sigh >

I guess not…

1 Like

Well… you didn’t mention any dev/CCP like @CCP_Aurora

2 Likes

I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED.

I’ll add it to the suggestion list for GM week items :smiley:

3 Likes

Sorry for not tagging you earlier @CCP_Aurora, but thank you very much for offering to include it in the suggestion list, that is awesome.

Douglas Adams is hopefully grinning from ear to ear while floating around on his cloud.

Have a great day.

Fly safe.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @Vixen_Vix. Out of curiosity, is there a list somewhere of devs, mods and so on? Or is it just a matter of remembering names?

1 Like

Pretty sure the Devs dont want to be summoned to every thread where someone wants something putting into the game.

However, I fully support a Towel being added as a fun gift, after all, even in the Eve universe, you should really know where your Towel is.

3 Likes

That’s an entirely fair point @Jint_Hikaru and kind of the reason that I didn’t tag anyone until the last minute.

For what it’s worth I wouldn’t want it to get silly, have everyone pitch in and to start to muck up the Eve narrative (“Let’s have a Death Star, let’s have a Cyclon Raider” etc, etc, et al) but I thought a towel might be one exception that we could get away with.

However, I fully support a Towel being added as a fun gift, after all, even in the Eve universe, you should really know where your Towel is.

My thoughts exactly! LOL

2 Likes

You mean the one that goes into suggestion box?

2 Likes

We can’t always respond every time someone pings us, but this is a legitimately fun idea.

3 Likes

Perhaps make it an implant slot 11 item, just like the golden pod, so we’ll always have our towel with us.

2 Likes

I’m so glad you think so @CCP_Aurora. Like I said before, I wouldn’t want it to get silly, but I thought a Hitchikers Gude to the Galaxy towel might be one exception that we could get away with.

< grovelling slightly > I’m really hoping for a BPO though < hint hint > so I can have one in every spaceship that I own.*

*Yeah, I know I’m pushing my luck, but I figure if you don’t ask, you don’t get.

Whatever happens, thank you for taking the time to reply, and have a great day!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.