Tried EVE back in 2011, decided to give it another go

Hi all! I guess you could call me a “returning player”; I played for a little while in 2011. I had a cyclone, wolf, jaguar, thrasher, stabber, and rokh as well as a few freighters (I think?). A bunch of them got blown up within 1-2 days due to a “war” the corp I joined was having and well… I just didn’t feel like investing the time anymore.

But, I’m willing to give it another shot. Anybody have tips/pointers on how to find a corp that would welcome a noob like myself and allow me to learn pvp?

Welcome back. You may want to have a chat with https://www.bravecollective.com/

• Find a corp to mentor you and get you involved in fleets ASAP: Brave linked above is good, EVE Uni is another, and are yet still more
  • If you haven’t already, do/redo the starter tutorial, career agents, and SOE epic arc. If you don’t have access to the starter tutorial, create a new character for the sole purpose of running the tutorial before returning to your original character. Since you don’t want to pause the training queue on your main account just to train skills on your temporary character, you’re probably better off creating a second free Alpha account for this purpose (you can have as many free Alpha accounts as you want). You can use this invite code to start off that account (and any other accounts you create in the future) with 1m additional skillpoints to expedite skill training. Running all these tutorials will help you develop your reflexes and basic instincts.
  • Do not mine for profit. Even the highest end of mining setups are barely profitable, and are best done for consumption rather than resale. It suffices to say there is a right way and a wrong way to mine, and there are right reasons and wrong reasons to mine, and if you need ISK, there are almost always more profitable (and less risky) ways of getting ISK that are also simultaneously fun.
  • Missioning is one of the best ways to get started in the game since it is fun and, by newbie standards, profitable in terms of ISK, loot, and LP. If you’d like to be paid for running missions, I Co-Head the the United Standings Improvement Agency [USIA], and we’re hiring mission runners - we pay you to run the missions you are already running or were planning to run. You do not have to join our corp to work for us (though we invite you to!); you can join any other corp and still work for us, and we will still mentor you in the game in general whether you join our corp or not. If you’d like to learn more, join the USIA Discord server and we can discuss further.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.