Tried Serpentis base burner; got creamed

I tried this mission (On SiSi) for the first time, and got creamed, and I think I know why. (Note: I’m using the fit with Anize’s guide, and my skills are all V).

I landed and immediately didn’t like the number of “mines”, so I just burned straight to the left pulsing SB as needed. By the time I cleared the minefield and felt I had enough room to maneuver to fight the first talos, I had already chewed through 2 cap-booster-800’s.

So I turned off my MWD for a bit to save cap. After all, the nearest Talos was still 110km away.

I died shortly after. One hit all the way into armor, then a few more hits. By the time I had my MWD back on and picking up speed, my shield booster just couldn’t keep up.

Was turning off the MWD the fatal mistake? I had a total of 9 cap boosters in cargo, and going through 2 of them just to get out of the minefield concerned me. Should I just approach the first Talos off-angle with MWD on the whole way and completely ignore the sentries / mines I take hits from? Or will my cap boosters last long enough that I can try my original approach of:

1. Get clear of the minefield by heading straight to the left or right
  2. Approach nearest talos at an angle while still avoiding minefield
  3. Orbit / engage according to guides

Thanks!

Turning off the MWD = you move slower = less transversal = death.

1 Like

You can clear the minefield while simultaneously approaching the first Talos. Just burn at a 20-30 degree angle that gives you good transversal and also gets you to the edge of the minefield. You can also run a cap stable fit that reduces your DPS a bit but allows you forget about cap boosters. That’s a good way to get a feel for the mission. You can also reduce your DPS further and run dual shield booster or armor reppers to ensure you can tank the damage even if you make mistakes.

Regardless, never turn off your MWD until you get into orbit (or are close to it).

1 Like

English is not my mother tongue so i will try to explain myself as best as i can.

I feel more confortable running this mission in a Hound with an afterburner. You DO NEED to manual fly it to keep transversal with the 3 taloses (easier to go up and down over and over so you’ll never go straight to any of them while orbiting your target). Yo will be so small that you’ll never get hit so there’s no need for tank.

The torpedoes will do the rest in a few volleys. Cheap fitting here:

[Hound, Cheap]

Ballistic Control System II

Sensor Booster II, Targeting Range Script
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Phased Scoped Target Painter

Prototype ‘Arbalest’ Torpedo Launcher, Caldari Navy Nova Torpedo
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I

Try it out on sisi cause if you get a hit you’ll surelly be back to your pod. It’s just a matter of practice.

Edit: Also be carefull while trying to pick the wrecks it’s a bit tricky.

the vaga fit’s not cap stable with T2 mods you have to use SS and pith to perma the mwd without cap boosting …

This is my cap stable fit, it loses a bit of speed from the cap injected fit, but you can run everything and not think about it too much. have to keep your transversal up though.
[Vagabond, Burners cap stable]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Damage Control II
Capacitor Flux Coil II

Federation Navy 50MN Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Pith X-Type Kinetic Deflection Field
Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster

425mm AutoCannon II, Hail M
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II, Hail M
Rocket Launcher II, Nova Rage Rocket

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Warrior I x5

you can run a similar deimos fit, it just loses a bit more speed, but gains a lot of tank. this fit is a little over shiny, but I haven’t played around with alternate fits too much.
[Deimos, Burner Talos Stable]
Core B-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Centus B-Type Armor Kinetic Hardener
Reactive Armor Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
True Sansha Medium Armor Repairer
True Sansha Medium Armor Repairer

Shadow Serpentis 50MN Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II
Phased Scoped Target Painter

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Ion Blaster II, Void M
Heavy Ion Blaster II, Void M

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Valkyrie I x5

1 Like

This video shows how to complete this and fitting to do so. This is one of the few burner missions I have never had a problem with thanks to the great guidance in video.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.