Burner Talos

Up until recently I was doing the Seprentis base with an AB fit Phantasm, and it is a very safe ship to use but it takes twice as long as MWD Vagabond. So naturally I want to use the Vagabond, but it is taking so much more damage than AB Phantasm. I am keeping traversal up and still get into armor, wow. Any tips on using Vagabond, I am not approaching in direct line and set orbit to 5km when I am 60km away from Talos, shutting down MWD so that I am flying without prop mode in the orbit. But still taking obscene amounts of damage (when compared to Phantasm).

can u provide ur fit?

[Vagabond]
Republic Fleet Gyrostabilizer
Republic Fleet Overdrive Injector
Damage Control II

Corelum C-Type 50MN Microwarpdrive
Pith X-Type Kinetic Shield Hardener
Pith X-Type Large Shield Booster
True Sansha Medium Capacitor Booster

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II
Rocket Launcher II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II

Medium Core Defense Capacitor Safeguard II
Medium Kinetic Shield Reinforcer II

Hobgoblin II x5

Hail M x7500
Navy Cap Booster 800 x13
Nova Rage Rocket x2500

ok the basic fit from jori. maybe replace a gyro with another overdrive to be faster and use a gistum mwd with less sigbloom.

Unfortunately all Gistum MWDs want more power (the Corelum I use requires 150MW and is a tight fit, Gistum C takes 173MW, B takes 180MW, and A takes 188MW).

Okay I figured it out. Vagabond with MWD bloom is taking damage from Talos, which can be avoided with the speed bonus that heated MWD provides. So, with all 3 Talos alive on grid heating MWD is more or less mandatory, otherwise you are taking really high damage. Once 1 Talos is down (you approach it with heated MWD and then shut it off at the right moment), you are somewhat okay with tanking two remaining ones, and you can still heat MWD to have an easier time. With last Talos alive you no longer care about heating MWD, that one you can tank.

1 Like

yes, CCP nuked the vaga with their patch removing sig blomm reduction from hacs.

Also you need drones out, orbiting you, so that you take less damage.

I can only recommend the Deimos with an oversized AB for Burner Talos. It is easier than anything else I have ever used. Assuming you have the required skills and a 5% capacitor implant you can almost faceroll the entire mission.

Enter mission through gate, activate AB, both reppers, and circle in on the left burner. At around 60 km orbit 1st Talos at 3,3km. While bridging the remaining distance target the 1st talos and launch drones. At 10km deactivate AB and start shooting. When the burner starts taking hull damage aproach it and recall drones. Loot the wreck and repeat the same steps for the second and third burner.

You don’t even need the second repper most of the time but if you want to be super safe keep it running since the fit is cap stable. If you want to be faster use a blingier AB.

Price: est. 390M atm

[Deimos, Burner: Talos Cheap Deimos]
Corpus X-Type Kinetic Armor Hardener
Medium Armor Repairer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Centus X-Type Thermal Armor Hardener
Reactor Control Unit II

Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Medium Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Ancillary Current Router II

Acolyte I x1
Hobgoblin I x2
Hornet I x4
Warrior I x1

Null M x970
Void M x1055
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x500
Agency 'Hardshell' TB3 Dose I x1

Note: I have never actually lost a drone if I recall them before the burner is destroyed. The drone damage is rather negligible though.

You can do it a lot cheaper though as discribed here:

Blitz and Burner Guide v1.2.3 - #225 by FreeSoul_World

If you downgrade the Neutron Blasters to Ions you can replace the Reactor Control Unit with a second MFS, resulting in higher DPS (761 vs 677 with void, respectively)

As you figured out, it’s your sig bloom causing you trouble. May I suggest using an Enyo? Though I don’t know if that will meet your speed requirement.

Works fine for me, and cheap as chips too.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.