Triglavian mining vessel/ New alpha ship and mining bs

Yeah, and I’m saying, “You’re very dumb if you think that’s what they should have done.”

Name calling…

1 Like

Guess I should have added ‘in High Sec’.

:unamused:

Good news, you can STILL do this in Highsec!

A mining BS like a Rokh or Praxis has more mining yield than a venture while having similar cargo, If you use a Rokh in full yield fit, so with low cargo but that’s what the orca is for, you’ll double a Venture’s mining output as an alpha.

A medium level Procurer only mines 20% more compared to said Rokh, a max lvl procurer with T2 crystals mines about 50% more than said Rokh.

Your ship already exists.

1 Like

i hade no idea…. wow yes it actually does.

Fit 8 lasers to a Battleship.

Tiny cargo requires orca support, better yield than a venture.

1 Like

Yes, thats actually what i was thinking( but had no idea) ty

This fits with Alpha skills:

[Rokh, Rokh Max Mining]

Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Mining Laser Upgrade II
Co-Processor II
Co-Processor II

100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Survey Scanner II

Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II
Miner II

Large Cargohold Optimization I

Hobgoblin I x5
Warrior I x5

1 Like

I think there should be triglavian transport/industrial/mining vessel of some kind. The Trigs would use it to transport, harvest, salvage, or service ships in space like mobile depot can. When it would be near, it would act like mobile depot. :thinking:

Would maybe need a special module, that would change function from mining to salvaging to tractor beam with the type of crystal of sort. :thinking:

One ship joining all the functions but never excelling in any. But sort of pioneer. :thinking:

Could be named Korgorus (Damavik helper, for the host of the house, where they lived, they could have brought wealth and things stolen from other houses)

Visualization:

V2

6 Likes

Wow. A+ for effort!

1 Like

Very nice…

I’d go even more on the asymmetrical nature of a triangle…err…wait. Are triangles symmetrical or not? Anyhow, I’m sure you know what I mean.

1 Like

Ah, just FYI: the Rorqual was added to the game August 28, 2007, whereas the Orca was added over a year later on November 11, 2008. It’s got me wondering why CCP felt the need to add the Orca in the first place.

In light of how the Orca and Rorqual appear to fill the same role with the latter being better in nearly every way, I wonder if it might be worth considering making the Rorqual an actual capital industrial ship instead of a super-Orca. There used to be a “Test Science Vessel” in the game files - you can find the description here - so maybe Rorquals could be reworked as mobile bases that can repair, refit, and even do some small amounts of manufacturing while Orcas completely take over the role of mining command ship.

…though now that I think about it, this probably isn’t a workable idea. Eh, I’ll let you guys decide.

Wow, thanks for letting me know this! I’ll have to get my Praxis fitted out for mining in the Uni’s next shared can op! :grin:

Wow, that sounds really interesting and lore-compliant; with the hostile environment of Abyssal Deadspace it makes sense that the Triglavians would have a versatile industrial ship to acquire as many resources as possible. That concept art also looks pretty damn cool!

1 Like

Rorqual was created to fill a need for compressing huge quantities of ore for transport from Null to HS markets, and offering mining boosts. For a long time you could only compress ore with a Rorq or a POS compression array.

It was relatively weak, so you rarely saw it outside of a POS. Compression used to require BPOs same as any Indy job, but with CCP simplifying the game they were removed. There is no advantage to running Indy jobs in a ships as it would require the ship to be active in space and sieged. As soon as the Rorq desieged, the jobs were cancelled.

Orca was created as a HS mining boost platform, and mini-freighter.

1 Like

you actually dont know the best fit for the rokh…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.