Triglavian Weapons Cooldown

You should try a duo of Leshaks with remote reps. Preliminary tests on SiSi did show those to be very strong when you bring at least two and much stronger the more Leshaks you bring.
If you look at the fitting screen, the armor buffer just screams for logi.

I bet you can make Vedmaks work similar that way.

There aren’t enough resources to fit a decent amount / size of Remote Reppers on the Vedmak. You’d need 4-5 of them working in concert to make it worthwhile.

There’s enough resources to have a spider-tank/rr/buffer/500mn mwd kind of fit

Source: I have one

How many, and what size, are the RR on there?

Then compare that to fitting a typical T1/T2/Fac/DS Repper.

I’ll save you some of the trouble. Using Pyfa, with an All 5’s profile…

1x T2 MAR = 368 HP rep (440+ with ANP rigs)
1x T2 SRR = 64 HP rep
1x T2 MRR = 256 HP rep

So sure, if you can squeeze 2x Medium Remote Reppers onto the ship, they will be about as effective as having a local Armor Repper for yourself. Especially if you fit an ANP to make that local Repper more effective.

But I suspect you might only have Small Remote Reppers on there. In which case you need 6-7 of them trained on your ship to rep as well as a local repper would.

Trig ships have “bonuses” to RR. I put “bonuses” in quotes b/c they aren’t any more efficient. Not like actual Logi ships. They just happen to reach a bit further, and are a little less likely to Cap you out for your efforts.

Large reps, large rrs
1600 plates, etc etc

Your argument is just bs at this stage lol

Post your fit big boy =)

It sounds like you’re still talking about the Battleship. We’re saying the Cruiser doesn’t have enough to support spider tanking effectively.

Yeah nah, you want the fit you have to kill it :wink:

Your argument doesn’t really hold water if you can’t prove what you’re saying works. vOv

But aside form that I still stand by the original proposition, which is less about fitting and more that instant weapon cooldown is an issue that really hinders the practicality of these ships (especially the Vedmak & Damavik).

1 Like

Having never tried these ships (and probably have completely irrelevant opinion because of that):
I assume BS is OP due to its high DPS once heated and ability to fit other stuff beyond just guns - mainly remote reps. Fights last long enough average DPS is high and tons of misc slots are very valuable. Great ship for say 5-10 ship roaming gang.
Cruiser might be ok in a small gang due to spider tanking. Less advantage of other highslot modules, but still a pretty reasonable all-round balance.
Frig is probably too weak. You are dead by the time you have high DPS and frig-sized utilities are generally irrelevant anyway.

Nerf BS a little bit by lowering its damage output - to the point other ships have same DPS when this one is heated up. So, it wouldn’t be a good damage dealer, but it would have high utility due to bonuses and free high slots.
Boost cruiser a bit by giving it neut resistance. Something unique-ish that helps against BS.
Boost frig by giving it larger utility bonuses, not higher DPS. I would give it 2 bonuses in particular - neut resistance and higher smartbomb damage. The first prevents bigger ships from simply neuting it and running away, the second keeps it alive against drones. So, it would become a good BS hunter where its high heat-up DPS would actually matter.

None of the Triglavian ships are Op. Just because the Leshak is popular in the AT (which has more to do with overall DPS per point) doesn’t mean it doesn’t need a balance pass. Maybe the AT Triglavian versions will be, but 99.99% of us will never see those outside of the ship browser.

2 Likes

The bonuses on the frigate are the same as for the other ships and I don’t know any other frigate in the game that is allowed to have a ton of damage and have 2x neuts.
It could be just me but I wouldn’t call a 450dps frigate which out-damages all other frigates “weak”.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.