Not super new to Eve but new to Amarr and their lore.
I rolled this character and read through the archetype/heritage descriptions before picking Liberal Holder, but to clarify the terms and concepts, I started clicking through random links on the fiction portal. They are said to be exemplified by the current Empress and the Royal House Tash-Murkon, so I thought that would be a good affiliation to make. Also since the Empress is Udorian, I thought this would be an interesting choice, making my character True Amarr and yet not. Further I read about Udorians and found about St. Tal-Romon and the cathedral, and thought it would be cool to play a descendent of this person. I changed my character name as a result, but there are so many prenoms that I think I have possibly messed that up (related to place maybe?). I read that holders must have a holding somewhere and thought that Eclipticum would be a fitting place given the history, but that is part of House Kor-Azor. Given the relocation of the cathedral I thought maybe this might be a source of conflict or perhaps there is a troubled family history, but maybe picking a location in Tash-Murkon space is more appropriate.
So there are a bunch of questions which I don’t really expect answered, and I will probably think of more… but, if I’m mistaken it would be good to know early so I can start over without wasting too much time.
- Do Udorians have to be part of Tash-Murkon if they are holders?
- Can Udorians other than Tash-Murkon even be holders?
- Could they have a holding on a planet in the space of another House?
- Speaking of holders, are they allowed to be pilots and keep titles?
- Do the saints have descendents or are they chaste?
- What are the meaning of prenoms Tal, Cas, Ves, Kor, Dam, etc?