Trying to remember name of very old free to play game

So way back in the day there was a shooter type game that was free online… Im feeling nostalgic so I’ll give the details I can remember and see if anyone else remembers it.

It was a free download I believe as I dont think browsers could handle it all that well back then… were talking 90s, maybe early 2000s

it was very … simple in its design, you had a map view always, no first person and you could see all the other players out there, the goal was simple… get the most kills

You could pick between a plasma like sniper that had infinite range… well until it hit a wall… they were rather annoying… then the others I remember were a soldier, heavy soldier, and an engineer… I dont recall any other classes.

They were generally small maps and I cant emphasize how simple this game was lol… but it was very addicting.

My older sister was addicted to it and got me to playing it when I was very young… xmas always makes me nostalgic of the time I had with her and this year for some reason that game is popping in my head… I was young though and I honestly dont remember the name of the game

I know its a 1 in a million shot but I figured it couldnt hurt to ask if anyone remembers a game like this.

Thanks

Surely the panel of expert nerds here will have an accurate answer in no time.

You speak of classes…
Could it be Team Fortress Classic?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.