Two features in buying and selling MUST have

citation please !!

https://effectiviology.com/false-equivalence/

Your car insurance scenario in no way is comparable to fake money in a market transaction in a video game.

1 Like

keep trying

So now youā€™re just gonna go full schoolyard neener neener as your support for your ā€œvalidā€ argument?

Wow you collapsed into an embarrassing mess far quicker than the average troll around here.

Iā€™m not sure what you think I am ā€˜tryingā€™ other than to encourage you to use valid arguments to represent your proposal.

Nobody will take you seriously using fallacious arguments.

Literally, I am trying to help you here. You are failing utterly to present your argument for this change as worthwhile. You need to demonstrate how this would benefit players for anyone to support this, let alone CCP begin to consider implementing it.

If all you want to do is shout into the void of the internet, though, keep on keeping on. :woman_shrugging:

The game shouldnā€™t dictate what prices are fair or not fair. Itā€™s a free market. There is no ā€˜fair priceā€™.

No you do not deserve extra protection.

That you want trade insurance?

Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s already a warning for very large differences from the average price. Check if you have it disabled.

The color thing isnā€™t a terrible idea, given that the trade UI already uses colors for various other things. Though instead of a set limit Iā€™d just go with significant digits and/or percentages away from the regional average price. The problem at that point is queries to the database, but thatā€™s probably solvable since the UI likely already has that value cached.

No, you do not. You were in a rush. The extra protection is up to you, to pay attention and not be in a rush.

Car insurance has sweet frak all to do with EVE Online and you being in a rush to sell item on an in-game market. This is what we call a straw argument. If youā€™re wanting some sort of in-game insurance to protect your butt when selling stuff, SLOW DOWN AND PAY ATTENTION. This right here solves your ā€œproblemā€ completely. And itā€™s 100% in your hands and capability to make it work.

Iā€™ve made a few mistakes with market or what not. You know whose fault it was? Mine. Do I want CCP to change something because I rushed and put the wrong number in? No it was my fault.
I got over it, made the ISK back, and learned my lesson to slow down when inputing numbers for marketing.

CCP isnā€™t going to coddle you just because you ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up. Enough people ask CCP to coddle them, we donā€™t need anyone else begging for changes to be made that donā€™t need to be made

OP, this isnā€™t even the result of someone else intentionally making your day shittier like scammers or pirates or gankers. You didnā€™t pay attention and screwed up. This is not CCPā€™s problem. This is nobodyā€™s problem but yours.

Youā€™re blaming CCP because you didnā€™t pay attention, Iā€¦wtf man.

Iā€™m (fairly) sure you canā€™t even disable this warning, I think itā€™s one of the few pop-ups that isnā€™t disable-able. I admit that it has saved my wallet more than once.

thanks for your comment. i added an image to original post ,please have a look @
thanks

lmao, thereā€™s so much wrong here, and itā€™s all because OP is bad

First off, the item is sold ā€œbetween 15k and 24kā€ in TRADING HUBS, for example inā€¦

Jita: image

Amarr: image

Youā€™re in a random nowhere system named Palas, in a random structure.

The ā€œmarket average priceā€ isnā€™t ā€œwrongā€. Thatā€™s the actual ā€œaverageā€ price for a dead region with no actual trade. The price is set so low because the average sales of that item in the region are sold to cheap buy orders of 1isk from desperate sellers who just want to get rid of it.

Second, youā€™re selling that item TO A PLAYER BUY ORDER. No one is ā€œscammingā€ you here, kid. You should know that EVE Onlineā€™s marketplace is run (almost) entirely by players. Someone says, ā€œI want to buy Fuel Blocks for 24.97 iskā€, sets up the buy order, and then leaves it for desperate morons like you to come by and sell it to them.

Finally,
If you want trade hub prices, go to a trade hub.
Itā€™s not the gameā€™s fault you decided to build 14,000 units of a fuel block in a region that has almost no trade, and then felt entitled to trade hub prices.

Scoots is right. That price is the average for that region. The reason itā€™s so low is that the buyers are factoring in the inconvenience of having to come pick it up. There is nothing ā€˜wrongā€™ with it.

You can make more money by moving it to where prices are better. But it depends how much you value your time.

Welcome to the real economy.

The other posters are correct, if somewhat uncivil about it. Average prices are calculated for your local area, not for the game as a whole.

If youā€™re going to sell outside of a trade hub then youā€™ll want to have some reason for doing so. Either because thereā€™s local demand and you can charge more or move more product in a short time, or for some other more esoteric reason.

In any case the UI indicates most of the things youā€™re having issues with here, and the lack of a warning and the high percentage shown are working as intended.

Welcome to the forums! (I think he means ā€œsomewhatā€)

But they are correct.

Woops, small auto-carrot error there.

And yeah, I know, but that doesā€™t mean I canā€™t call out peopleā€™s bad behavior for what it is.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.