Ug...what are you using your Tengu for?

Back after over a year to find that my beloved Tengu has been nerfed into the ground. Yuck! Looks like it still might be sneaky still but what a waste of wonderful mechanics by dumbing it down and making it simpler.

What do people use Tengus for these day? Have the other T3’s been nerfed equally aside from the obvious point of having less subsystems?

Cloaked combat prober with disruptor and HMLs to scan down, point, and kite people in our space while help comes along.

Otherwise, I’d use it for 6/10s or as a cloaked exploration ship.

1 Like

Cloaky explorer for low/null sec. Thats about it.

You can get a pvp tengu fit that runs a xlsb stable while being able to cloak. Still very viable. If people say otherwise they dont know how to fit one.

1 Like

Well OP I’d regretfully inform you that t3c especially the tengu are no longer brokenly OP. I used to have a 3bil tengu that could tank over 2k dps pretty much cap stable, thanks to a variety of modules. These days I’d be flying something much closer to this

[Tengu, Skin Daemon]

‘Full Duplex’ Ballistic Control System
Mark I Compact Reactor Control Unit

Pith C-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
Domination Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 800
10MN Afterburner II

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile
Expanded Probe Launcher II

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Tengu Core - Augmented Graviton Reactor
Tengu Defensive - Amplification Node
Tengu Offensive - Accelerated Ejection Bay
Tengu Propulsion - Chassis Optimization

Improved Blue Pill Booster
Agency ‘Pyrolancea’ DB7 Dose III

Scourge Rage Heavy Assault Missile x3410
Sisters Combat Scanner Probe x18
Navy Cap Booster 800 x14

key observations are its not cap stable any more, actually it only gets 60s of cap life running everything cold. But during this time you do over 63,000 kinetic damage so it’s a trade off. Suppose you are a total pro at combat scanning and land on a guy running an anom, you land at zero and shave him off the field in under 60s while almost certainly tanking whatever meagre dps he is producing. Obviously tengus solokilling rattlesnakes is no longer possible so buyer beware, you are dropping 600mil on an SP coffin that stands a pretty good chance of killing anything smaller than a battleship but not much else. God help you if you want to fight a capstable deimos or sac also

1 Like

erm … I am in HiSec and I do not use mine for much at all.

It is useful for quickly clearing Dens and scanning down and running sites like a Guristas Watch but thas about it for me.

I have never run a 5/10 with it, for that I use a Rattlesnake, and even when I get an escalation like Terrorist Plot I use my Gila (cause I can stationary tank it)

So my Tengu is pretty much a hanger queen.

YMMV

1 Like

With that fit I get 701 dps. My PVE cap stable Tengu does 620 dps.

alternatively if you want to dump tons of cash (or you’re like me an acquire things over a very long period of time) you can produce the tengu I used to fly, value circa the 4bil mark once implants are taken in to account

cloaked pvp it actually got buffed.

that said there is nothing it can do that a loki doesn’t do better other than ecm

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.