UI did a complete reset. Are there settings in the EVE folder to recover?

I found that my game and UI have reset completely, down to the elimination of drone groups and all overview configurations. Is there any save settings text file that I can use to copy my settings so that I may bring them back when this happens again?

1 Like

Mine too.
Is this boot.ini version 2.0?

Mine also! Another great launcher update from CCP!!

1 Like

Alright, found one way to fix this, by using that double-gear on the launcher to the right of your account name. There will often be a couple of profiles there, and you can pick something besides ‘default’ and it may be your original settings.

1 Like

That said, this entire level of frustration is too high to retain players. If the doors at CCP are to remain open for business, this needs to be addressed so that players aren’t looking at a big chunk of time reworking the UI back to what they want because the ‘simple’ method is not obviously available.

I had to hunt for what I found, and that isn’t a fun use of my EVE time. Things which were acceptable for gamers in 1993 are not going to to work for enough gamers in 2017 to keep the game financially afloat.

2 Likes

https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/launcher-update-coming-tomorrow-2017-11-08/

2 Likes

https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/launcher-update-coming-tomorrow-2017-11-08/

That post is actually part of the problem. I don’t see that post helping folks recover their lost UI settings or pointing them to any place that does. Again, a player would have to hunt for the answer or go through the several areas in EVE to get their overview, graphics, etc back to their previous arrangements.

Again, it is pushing CCP to bankruptcy as too many players stop subscribing out of frustration. Defending their current handling of customer related issues is pretty much just encouraging them to shut down the game at this point.

Couldn’t have said it better. Very frustrating and honestly keeps me from logging in.

1 Like

Same here. The Profile Management switch helped (I was lucky that the only other profile on there saved my settings & layout options), but is far from ideal and CCP need to address this.

So I just came back after a few months away, and discovered five years of UI fine tuning down the drain. CCP, I’ve been a devoted fan for a long time, and some recent changes have pushed me away a little, but I’ve always been willing to give you a chance. But when you destroy five years worth of careful adjustments, I start to wonder if you really ever wanted my money to begin with.

It’s a good thing I keep a backup on an external hard-drive in the event of crashes (power loss, random hardware/software failure, etc). I’m having a look at the profile editor now while it restores my settings but it doesn’t even look like the profile editor had my old ones saved. Anyway, now I don’t feel like playing tonight. Whelp, back to Elite.

1 Like

the Ui wasn’t the only thing for me, it also dumped all resources. took me 1.5 gigs of cell data before I could log in to find nothing had skins, icons, sounds and so on.

I havent been logging in to play for about a year now. But CCP resetting my 6 accounts settings and leaving me with 2 out of 6 settings profiles means that the next time i do log in to play, it will be preceded with 2 hours of hardcore settings editing.

This makes it FAR more likely that i will never log in to play the game.

1 Like

Do yourselves a favor - backup your settings.

Go to the C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_program_files_(x86)_eve_LOGINNAME_sharedcache_tq_tranquility\settings_LOGINNAME folder - there you’ll see a file (or a bunch of files if you have more than one character) named something like core_char_XXXXX.dat. Those are your “layout” setting files. Make a backup of them every so often (along with exporting your overview settings). If the client resets all your ■■■■, just copy your core_char_XXXXX.dat file into that directory and your settings will be restored: chat channels, window layout, etc. I have 11 toons and was able to put everything back together in about 5 minutes. Import your overview (if necessary) and you’re set.

1 Like

Good one, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.