UI-Only Mode - Control+Shift+F9

Pressing Control+Shift+F9 (Rebindable shortcut) will now activate a UI-Only Mode which Capsuleers can use to hide the 3D scene.

nice!

1 Like

ext

Is there a way to hide this message and stay in UI-Only Mode?
It’s kinda big :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Now you can finally play a spreadsheet simulator. :kissing: :ok_hand:

3 Likes

CCP Darwin said no.

2 Likes

It’s fine in the station. But in space, it’s obfuscating the view.

CCP’s brand director told Kotaku “Obviously this option is meant for only the most extreme situations, but as we all know, EVE is all about extreme situations and with war raging, every frame counts. We look forward to being surprised by the creative ways in which this feature is embraced by our community!”

I hope they make it just a little more discreet.
For example without the “Ship exterior…” header, and +20% transparent.

01985b2284ac24fcf2190ae5b430316effbbd6d1

2 Likes

what about putting a button in the UI?
the graphic menu looks like a great place to do it
ehhhh??
ehhhhhhh?

edit:
is kinda hard to do it in notebooks btw

lol. then make it at least smaller. its way to big. my favourite mode from the new patch. much better to do salvaging and scanning with this.
anyway, why eve care about dumb users?

1 Like

That’s a good one … The countless times people press combinations like shift-ctrl-F9 and ctrl-alt-left arrow because that seems like a good thing to try…

The German language has a nice and polite word for this, weltfremd. :red_circle:

2 Likes

I like the option to disable the 3D graphics !
But I hate the huge text box in the middle of the screen .:

Ship exterior view is disabled
Press Ctrl-Shift-F9 to restore the view

There should be an option to disable this huge text box …
CCP is too concerned with making the game “amateur proof” at the expense of everyone else … And we still can’t disable the damn Red Circle … :red_circle:

2 Likes

FFS, CCP give us a way to make this box go away. Just put an X on it so we can close it.

2 Likes

bump

Put an x on it, give it a timeout, make a “do not show this again” literally just give me any way to get rid of it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.