Universal Timebase Measurement Research

Is that so far fetched? Dr. Reniret was being a bit over dramatic.

[ 2018.01.06 21:14:20 ] Holnar Reniret > I DON’T WANT TO DIE!

4 Likes

I’d say the godawful puns and children’s morning holoreel-tier diction exhibited by this “Astromancer” are more suspicious than anything.

3 Likes

Yeah, shocking, the guy freaks out the first time he’s shot at. Almost like it was the first time he was shot at, or something.

4 Likes

For once, I’m in agreement with Arrendis… We must remember that the fear of death is subjective, and we capsuleers may be somewhat distanced from what that fear - that genuine fear - is like… To say that it was “over dramatic” is callous, even for a capsuleer…

6 Likes

@Aux_Aliette I have the glowy red doodad that the Astromancer was carrying in his ship. Lorienne Nesif said that anyone who recovered stuff should hand it over to CONCORD.

I have contacted Lorienne Nesif and have not received a reply as of yet.

So, now I contact you, in order to discuss terms for handing over the Objekt.

3 Likes

Pilot,

The object in question is evidence concerning the incident during which a CONCORD science mission was attacked by terrorists associated with the discredited and criminal “25ers” movement.

The individual calling himself “The Astromancer” has charges to answer and all materials involved are requested to be contracted to Lorienne Nesif at the Yulai III, Moon 1, Secure Commerce Commission Depository.

In the case of the “glowy red doodad” you mention, which we have ascertained to be a Corrupted Trinary Relic, we are willing to pay a courtesy reward of not more than 5,000,000 ISK. You may establish the exchange contract with that finder’s fee in mind.

Failure to hand over relevant evidence to the appropriate authorities may lead to sanctions being imposed under the terms of the Yulai Convention.

I am sure you will wish to comply.

Regards,
Captain Oveg Drust
DED Genesis Fleet

6 Likes

Pssst. Your last two sentences are counterproductive. She already wants to get paid. :wink:

2 Likes

Ms. Valate, a small request, if I may. Would you be able to provide access to the trinary data repository before you transfer it to DED holding? We’d love to archive the contents as part of our CTR analysis.

8 Likes

Do the thing where you don’t hand it over and CONCORD puts a huge bounty on you, and then my friend, Blarles Blambridge Schmordt will blow you up and maybe pass you some of the reward. Eh? Eh?

11 Likes

Blarles Schmordt eh? Sounds like a respectable guy.

8 Likes

That Mister Schmordt is a no good troublemaker and a rascal.

9 Likes

You leave him out of this.

5 Likes

Here we go again~~ This utter disregard for the ability of capsuleers to advance the cluster’s knowledge (or an intentional covering up of material to prevent such discovery) almost seems to have become the DED’s standard operating principle.

It’s disheartening to see that your organization still puts no faith in those who would likely be more than willing to work alongside you, Captain Drust - instead, we remain as divided and in-the-dark as ever.

9 Likes

Then again, leaving potentially vital bits of technology in the hands of a sani sabik heretic of questionable mind and morals is probably a worse idea.

But I’m on extended leave so what do I know?

8 Likes

Hi, Summit.

I’ll keep this short. Phoenix Naval Systems recovered the corpse of the Astromancer as part of our security operation during the Luminaire experiment. I’d like to thank Alen Asques especially for his fast action there.

We plan on conducting a full autopsy, including implant analysis and infomorph integrity checks with our friends from the Arataka Research Consortium, and will happily assist the DED with their investigation into the matter.

In the meantime, we’ll be transferring the corpse to a research facility in Eram.

Thanks for your time,
Naava Edios,
Strike Commander

11 Likes

Also for the record, we here in the Empire fully encourage any and all reasearch and development into anti-Drifter technology and techniques.

If that’s what you’re doing.

Wink, wink. Nudge nudge.

6 Likes

Unfortunately I wasn’t there so i thank you all for the reports.
I’d like to share my point of view.

After reading what Pharos of Thera spokeperson said, i see 2 possibilities here:

The first:

• The time measurament is indeed a covert operation.
  • Concord has some advanced anti-Drifter countermeasures that needs to be tested. What might that be? The only countermeasure that makes sense is something against the doomsday.
  • Algintal core knows about the plan BUT has different ideas and is not happy about what’s happening…
    or developed the countermeasures together/for CONCORD and is cooperating.

So the questions i made myself are:
Q: How to test these countermeasures?
A: By bringing the drifters in a hostile environment where they can be monitored first, attacked if nobody else does.

Q: But how so?
A: Technology inside the professor’s ship acting as a beacon of sort.

Q: How to get more data about this test?
A: Getting as much ships in the system as possible to see how the drifters react, and hoping these ships attack the drifters.

Q: How?
A: Publicizing an event requesting capsuleers to participate and eventually asking them to help fighting the drifters for the sake of continuing the experiment.

Professors part:
Test will be in Luminaire, will arrive there and will activate the device to call the drifters.
With the excuse of the time measurament he will call the drifters right in the middle of a group of ships. Then bail out.

Steps:
Traveles to Luminaire
Gives a talk
Survives the attack (a)
Activates the beacon for the drifters to come
Once the drifters arrive declares the equipent got damaged in the attack and warps away (a)

(a) Only possible to plan if Algintal is helping, otherwise it’s pretty easy to improvise.

Let’s say I’m Algintal/ The Astromancer:
-I’m helping:
Warp in Luminaire
Make up some excuses saying nonsense in public to make locals take a stand with the professor.
Make a fake attack.
Withdraw.
(the only reason to have the corrupted trinary relic in the ship is they want to deliver it to the professor or CONCORD
and getting blownup and looted is the smartest way they found, and I think this is pretty dumb and unlikely unless…)
[ 2018.01.06 21:20:00 ] Lorienne Nesif > Capsuleers, if you any of you recovered any kind of hardware or ejected crew from those warships, please send them to CONCORD. Maybe we can learn something of them.

-I’m not helping:
Q: I don’t want this to happen, how can I disrupt this experiment?
A: Shutting down the professor’s ship and it’s equipment before he can call the drifters in the system.
[ 2018.01.06 21:13:37 ] Holnar Reniret > Mr… The Astromancer … why are you target-locking us? You are disrupting the measurements.

Q: What’s the plan?
A: Destroy the ship (or just the equipment) and warp off, but before it, broadcast a message making clear to everybody listening (it’s a system where a test should be happening, so for sure it’s monitored), so let’s say to CONCORD, that I’m not happy and I know what’s going on.

Q: Safeguards? What happens if I arrive late and drifter battleships are there already?
A: Abort and avoid its doomsday at all costs.

Q: How?
A: The trinary relic is part of the countermeasures I too developed, so I bring it to be on the safe side in case
CONCORD didn’t have time to deploy theirs.

Eventually the ARC fleet arrived and attacked the drifters.
The countermeasures are working, drifters can’t shoot their doomsday. Experiment succeeded!

… or …

The second possibility:

1 hour before the attack:
“Ehi Astromancy, my friend, there’s a funny event around Luminaire, let’s go make some commotion!
Oh, by the way, I have a corrupted trinary relic, that quartermaster ass&%$e won’t buy it anymore, so this relic is just as useless as that wristwatch you have in your left eye. Take this sh%t and put it in your ship! It’s a lucky charm!”
"Wait what? Well, whatever"
The Astromancer takes and throws that garbage in the cargo of his ship thinking “I’ll get rid of it at the next asteroid belt”.
“Let’s go, I’m pretty sure we’ll have lots of fun today, Therik!”

3 Likes

Don’t forget your tinfoil.

4 Likes

Sir Drust,

Surely as a former member of the Legion, you must know that the benefit of technology is better in the hands of the people. Muryia Mordu himself is known for amicable re-distribution of several pivotal technologies in the world, refusing to allow such scientific advances to fall into the hands of any one entity. CONCORD itself has a mandate, of which the first line reads as follows:

“To protect the right of civilizations to grow and prosper; -”

It is with these virtues in mind that I make the declaration: It would be better to allow the Corrupted Trinary Relic, and the bodies collected, to be studied be the people before it is handed over to the DED. While I understand that there is a pending investigation that you and your superiors wish to conduct - I remind you that the DED and CONCORD have been less than forthcoming with their findings as of late. Even now, questions arise as to the state of technological progress when Drifters were not only present, but their combat capability seemingly significantly hampered in light of these events.

We cannot trust the DED to offer the same level of trust, nor should we expect it, but in the same instance: You cannot ask that which you yourself would not give. Let this be a moment to present an atmosphere of anything but distrust, Sir Drust. Work with the independent researchers.

4 Likes

R U D E

My morals are beyond reproach. And indeed, your comprehension.

4 Likes