Upcoming changes to attack battlecruisers and L4

Given that in the upcoming release medium micro jump drive will be accessible to attack battlecruisers (Naga, Oracle etc), anyone tried coming up with fit for these ships for L4 missions ?

Last time I tried L4 mission with a rail naga, I couldn’t get far enough of NPCs when landing on grid before I took too much damage, but this problem will mostly disappear with MJD. And these ships are accessible faster than BS in price and ship skill (except large weapons of course), both for alpha and omega players.

I’m playing with pyfa, will give a result when finished, and if available on sisi I will test there.

UPDATE : it works, did 4 missions (Smuggler Interception, Infiltrated outpost, Rogue drone harassment and The anomaly) with a rail Naga and the MMJD makes the missions possible without the need of a tank, I used the fit below :
[Naga, L4]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Medium Micro Jump Drive
10MN Afterburner II
Tracking Computer II, Tracking Speed Script
Sensor Booster II

425mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Thorium Charge L

Medium Hybrid Collision Accelerator II
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
[Empty Rig slot]

I keep at 95km from each target and use afterburner to burn to gates and containers to loot. For NPCs with cruise missiles I havent tested but pretty sure another sensor booster instead of one tracking computer with longer range ammo could do the trick.

3 Likes

afaik they only have mmjd which has 50km warp so im not really sure how useful it is unless something changed
i think they would be better with a 100km warp from lmjd

1 Like

No, it’s the medium they can fit, which sends the ship 100km front :

ATTACK BATTLECRUISERS:
We decided not to give medium MJDs to Attack Battlecruisers originally because at the time they were quite powerful kiters. These days they aren’t nearly as strong so we don’t think this restriction is needed any longer.

May now fit Medium Micro Jump Drive

So far I tested 2 missions on SiSi, it works wonders for those missions where the acceleration gates put the ship right in the middle of ennemies, I just forgot about the reactivation delay which need to be checked before entering the next pocket. Better train the skill for the MJDs at IV or V before using it.

1 Like

oh they must have changed them then
pretty sure when mmjd first came out it could only jump 50km

1 Like

They still in general lack a drone bay. Makes a few missions with heavy elite frigate presence a touch annoying because of tracking limitations. Plus the amount of tank they are capable of is significantly less than even a regular BC.

Sure you can probably abuse factions with smaller attack ranges a bit, but it likely won’t work as well for every empire region.

1 Like

Hmm, about elite frigate, I can one shot strain rogue drone frigate with ease, I’ll need to see with Guristas and angel still.

About tank I don’t need it, I don’t even get touched once. So far the Naga fit I use is the following :

[Naga, L4]

Medium Micro Jump Drive
10MN Afterburner II
Sensor Booster II

Medium Hybrid Collision Accelerator II
Medium Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II
[Empty Rig slot]

with 2.5M in skillpoints in gunnery :
397 dps
96km optimal 134km fallof

I basically do Keep at range at 95km each target I shoot, and use afterburner for burning gate and container to loot.

1 Like

at 95km you should have plenty of tracking, I’d swap the tracking comps to optimal range and then use a higher damage ammo.

And maybe drop one tracking comp for the largest ASB you can fit if you do take some damage, Or a kinetic hardener and a small booster if you have to fight guristas, their missiles will hit, but should do reduced damage with AB speed.

Personally I’d rather stick with a BS but the Attack BCs should work.

2 Likes

No they didn’t. I believe you are remembering a forum thread where someone asked for such a module but with less range. We got this instead and I am not complaining.

1 Like

oh ok not sure why i thought that

1 Like

You will still be conciderably slower than proper Battleship. Isk/time ratio is not worth it in high sec missions, IMHO. But if you happen to run L4 mission in low sec system with active pirats in it, something like that constant moving sig tank mission runner can help, IMHO
[Talos, L4 low sec]

Shadow Serpentis Medium Armor Repairer
Caldari Navy Power Diagnostic System
Dark Blood Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane

100MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Medium Micro Jump Drive
’Palisade’ Cap Recharger I
’Palisade’ Cap Recharger I

425mm Railgun II, Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Acolyte II x5

2 Likes

nope.

Thanks for the low-sec fit and suggestions to upgrade mine.

I’m not a experienced turret weapon user, so feel free to propose fits and tactics for the other attack battlecruisers, I’m not sure if they can get enough range but a pair of tracking computer could do the trick I guess.

I’m not proposing something better than what’s available here, only something new, as I noticed for example than the Naga was the only T1 large hybrid platform with hull bonuses to damage for the caldari line, and as said before, the prices of the hull with its fit being magnitude lower than a BS, with similar damage profile.

1 Like

Correction…

MMJD makes it possible to range-tank the missions.

No, no payment is necessary.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.