Upcoming Changes to Drone Aggression

i like the pvp aggresive option but this game is so so old the price tag is rediculous not to mention 7 years to get mid way up the success ladder its just people who are already heen here for many years that stay because it was easier

Hello! Noob here. I recently finished skilling up a drone ship to rat. I really don’t care if I have to press “F” or not. The problem I am having now is my drones just get shot down way to quick. I couldn’t do a level 3 DED site with a Vexor, which I used to be able to do with an Algos. I switched back to the Algos, because I thought maybe the larger drones I was using with the Vexor were the problem.

Nope. Drones keep dying. Couldn’t even get past the first guarded gate.

I barely know how to rat effectively in the first place, and I realize this thread is just one giant ■■■■ post, but can anyone help me understand what I am doing wrong here, or point to one of the two thousand replies in this thread where a similar question was answered?

Damn, why the emoji smiley face? I wanted to do an old school text smiley.

In a safe location, while in space, eject from your ship, and then board it again after your session change time is over. What you’re describing has nothing to do with this change, but an issue with the game’s NPCs not detecting your ship as a valid target (and thus, the only thing left to shoot is your drones). But ejecting and re-boarding your ship while in space has been known to solve issues in many circumstances.

That seems really weird. Why did I not need to do that before the drone change? What is a session change?

Also, that seems really weird.

Coincidence.

Because you got lucky.
Literally no other reason.

It’s the little white countdown circle the lasts about 10 seconds that appears in the top left of your screen when you leave / board a ship or change clones, etc.

Ok, I’ll roll with it. I find the luck part statistically unlikely, but lets say I am wrong, I am the noob after all lol.

If my drones start taking excessive damage, I should warp away, leave my ship, wait 10+ seconds, enter my ship, warp back to the rats and kill em all?

that’s… what i said…

Sounds good thanks! I will try it out :smiley:

1 Like

Damn I hate these emoji’s. I just wanted to do a “:D”

Honestly, I resubbed this month because I missed the feeling of watching my drones sweep the field during battle and feeling like the commander of a fleet. I’ve always liked the puzzle of fitting and never much the adrenaline of combat, I’m not very good at it. I was so disappointed to learn that feeling was gone. I’m gone after this month I think. Why take away a feature because you don’t think it’s enough fun for people, it was fun for me. Do you think I’ll have more fun pressing f every few seconds? Why try to dictate what people pay you to enjoy…

1 Like

See you in another 3 years!

1 Like

Sorry to disappoint you, but if you just watched your drones go around killing stuff, then you were never in command of them in the first place.

They chose what to target and what to kill on their own, and that’s not how a fleet commander manages their fleet members.

Give manual drone control a try, and you’ll get the real experience of commanding your personal mini fleet.

Eve is a video game ? Ookay.

No, Eve is a lifestyle, not some casual video game, and you’re a dishonest hypocrite if you claim otherwise.

Also often forgotten is that you need Drones skill to be at least Lvl III before you can even think about using them. It is one of the potential traps on the Career Agents - Ventures are the best ships for all the Industry and most of the Business missions, but it means a new player has to know to invest SP early into drones to be able to use the Ventures. (Yes, I know you could fit a gun to the Venture, but that then means halving the mining rate on missions where the mining is the key element).

I still mine with my Alpha characters when they need ore for local production, and have a fit that can tank HS belt rats 90% of the time, but too much inattention will still kill you - the only times I have lost Ventures has been bad luck with an urgent call of nature - and that is the only circumstance when I would ever AFK them.

1 Like

What the … :flushed: you’re really a god of Flea :man_facepalming:

Yes.

Dont be insane.

Put together with your previous comments, you seem to be claiming playing (note: playing) EvE is on par with looking after your family over 2020.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

A lot of healthy conversation surrounding the recent drone change is happening and we have been monitoring and discussing your feedback internally.

Our goal is to make PvE activities with drones a more attentive player experience that relies less on low or no attention gameplay moving forward, but the unintended impact on how the drone assist functions in certain scenarios is something we are not happy with. For this reason, we will be changing the drone behavior back to how it was before Tuesday’s patch in an upcoming deployment. We should have news for you on timing tomorrow.

We gathered a lot of valuable data and feedback from you and the CSM in the last couple of weeks on this matter and would like to thank everyone who shared their thoughts with us.

Fly safe! o7

33 Likes

your right… your mining content is so boring that I have to sit and stare at my ship to make sure some stupid rat doesnt pop it … thanks for making mining even more boring… soon the pvpers will realize that you need the industrialists to make the ships you keep losing… hopefully they will realize before all the miners say good bye… this was a completely stupid decision… 11 years later… time to unsub all the accounts…

6 Likes

Thanks,

See? Every now and then they listen to us.

m

17 Likes