Upcoming Changes to Drone Aggression

Dear CCP content creators,

I do not like the drone changes. Why implement such a simple yet debilitating change to the gameplay? Spamming ‘f’ does not make playing Eve more engaging. It makes it more annoying. A game should not be annoying to play. It should be entertaining and rewarding. And maybe, just maybe, try listening to your active player base.

A better thing to have done would be to make engagements…I dunno…more engaging.

1. Random objectives placed into missions and combat sites that are different each time. This is something that botters would not be able to deal with and would make AFK players…less AFK.

2. Better AI for the NPC rats. If drones were kept the same but enemy AI improved, it would require attentiveness to drones. Changing it only for PvE players seems short-sighted.

3. Create priority target options for drones that would slow down their auto aggression but not stop it completely. Maybe they only attack ECM rats, sensor dampening rats, etc.

4. Not my idea but a good one. Once drones have been assigned to a target, keep them in aggressive mode. Assigning drones to each target by spamming ‘f’ is dumb even for drones.

5. Maybe put a limit on how many rats drones will aggres before becoming idle again. Like how a ship has a max number of targets that can be locked.

6. This is stretching it, but create a module that would make drones more capable in a fight, i.e. engaging more targets, engaging certain targets, etc. But you better put some more mid slots if you go that route.

I hope you, CCP, looks at all the great suggestions mentioned in this post and elsewhere. Not many people affected by this change have viewed it favorably. You are punishing active players by making the game less fun to play. I look forward to some reasonable changes to offset the absurdity of this discriminatory drone hindrance.

f

f

f

sorry, had some rats attacking me.

Please change things to actually make the game more fun, not just more tedious.
I know you folks can do it. At least I hope you folks want to do that. Stop looking at numbers only and start looking at creating creative solutions. Thank you for your time.

4 Likes

Its like to deforest a country in order to get rid of wildfires.

2 Likes

Change country to county and you have not only an actual thing that happens, but a better analogy to whats happening here.

Nope.

It’s like getting rid of old dry trees that could cause wildfires and harm the whole forest, while maybe removing a branch or two from other trees, which they can simply adapt to and regrow those branches.

No one cares about the poor beavers. Have mercy for them.

I don’t think he realizes that most game path finding is only 2 dimensional in contrast xD, for ai to use more than just approach keep and range and orbit its hell.

Imagine trying to code an npc to keep transversal on a player while staying out of web range, never mind multiple players, one day thou.

I guess they can add noise to approach or a spiral + noise to be fancy hahaha.

Well, we all have seen in this game how the ships get stuck with rubish in space XD

I remember mining in a Venture. It was cool for like 3 minutes, zooming in and out, checking out the lasers, the scenery, etc. I got real bored after those 3 minutes, took out a napkin and did some basic math and realized it was a horrifically terrible waste of my life. It was afterwards I decided to reach out to the community and some friends of mine who had played EVE before. They helped me get up to speed and figure out how to chart a path in my EVE Career.

This was back in 2014 and I still remember it pretty clearly.

I hope this change actually does make newbros more attentive / forces them to pay attention so they could go through the same realization that Venture mining is waste of their lives and that there are so much more they could be doing in EVE.

3 Likes

dude you produce bullsh1t posts since 2k14 it seems.

Thanks for noticing.
Want an autograph?

2 Likes

He’s just in aggresive mode, not just like our drones.

4 Likes

That was a good one

1 Like

Think one more time. It killed ecm-drones, it killed frig defence for bc and <. It turned of the most of the interest to combat ano etc.

Like play video games? Kay.

2 Likes

Please find the sense to undo the drone changes

2 Likes

Seems CCP just kicked all your sandcastles. It’s just a sandbox after all.

In over 12.5 years I have mined my fair share. You want to believe me on that.

I’m merely commenting on practicality. I can live with changes, I prefer them to be within the realm of reason.

2 Likes

tldr of this post atm:

ccp is happy, players are unhappy, botters are even happier, players are still playing

1 Like

This is real crap for those flying ships with low scan resolution and/or short targeting distance. Users of warp stabilizers just took a hit.

An interesting statement. Are all inattentive pilots a “problem” across the board or only those killing NPCs?

The inconsistency of this is gobsmacking. Its really hard to keep up with all the inconsistency of EVE. I would almost rather just do away with that setting if drones are not going to be consistenty aggressive.

New players just got handed yet another head scratcher. Maybe change the setting title to relay this difference? Change it to “PVP aggressive?”

1 Like