Update on HICs and Wormholes

The module as described wouldn’t change the inertial multiplier of the ship the way the bubble does now, which is what allows the increase in agility.

1 Like

What? No. The way the agility is increased is by decreasing mass, which is exactly what the new module does. Bubbles don’t affect the inertia modifier at all. Check pyfa if you don’t believe me.

1 Like

Wormholes came in 2009 but shattered wormholes came in 2014. I personally believe the whole “we didn’t intended for players in live in j-space” is a bold face lie. CCP knew wormholes had moons and they knew all you needed was a moon to anchor a POS. :THONKING:

1 Like

Nope, you’re right, I was thinking about a different modifier and misremembering. muh bad.

1 Like

No worries. It’s interesting, I don’t think there’s any active module in the game that affects the inertia modifier. Pretty much just istabs and nanofibers (and the corresponding rigs). I wonder if there’s a technical restriction, or if they chose to have HIC bubbles affect mass instead of inertia for some other reason.

1 Like

In a way I liked the idea that rolling was about to be less guaranteed. I hope CCP revisits this later on.

3 Likes

Well if CCP really wanted to they could simply add a random element to hole mass, +/- 5% or something. Just enough to occasionally cause some chaos.

1 Like

There already is one. Wormhole mass is a fixed amount (varies by type) +/- 10%. Fresh hole rolling procedures would be 100% safe otherwise (not that they’re especially dangerous now, if you do the math).

3 Likes

I agree with this 100%.

2 Likes

It’s already there. Even with hic, you are not 100% safe

2 Likes

There is, it’s bigger than fi-dammit, Harlan beat me to it.

3 Likes

Already exists. But if you’d like to try wormhole space out and learn about wormhole mechanics, you could always join a wormhole corporation.

17 Likes

@Logan_Highstorm: I believe, in 2009, CCP assumed they didn’t need to implement any special restrictions on anchoring because they thought it was logistically impossible to keep towers fueled in J-space. Obvious, they were mistaken. By 2014 the player base had thoroughly educated them otherwise.

There is already a random +/- 10% mass variance.

2 Likes

You are not wrong. We (wormholers) have math-ed out most of the rolling mechanics to account for this mass variation in wormholes. It still feels like more of an art than a science sometimes (since you don’t always know how much the hole has been massed unless it’s 100% fresh), but that variation does exist and keeps things nice and interesting.

3 Likes

There is a variable in hole mass, and it does cause choke lol

2 Likes

Did CCP ever consider these two rather obvious options:

1. Add flag to HIC’s “cannot equip 500MN MWD”

or

1. Add flag to 500MN MWD’s “cannot be used in HIC’s”?
5 Likes

Like all the other times before, right? Right???
Like the last time when you changed worm holes to make null sec safer … right?

Do you want a list?? I’m sure there’s someone with such a list out there, all i need to do is asking! Your “vision” story is hoax. faux. A lie! It has ZERO to do with these changes! None! I don’t know if it’s your lie, but it is a lie! You, CCP, are doing this to make null sec, yet again, safer and i know this because that is what you keep doing and that is what the ecm changes do as well!

Yet again! And yet again we are being lied into our faces about how you CARE about [particular part of the player base] while literally ALL of EVE’s history proves the opposite!

Thank you very much!

6 Likes

you can count on this module being available at the same time that we make the changes to Warp Disruption Field Generators.

Thank you for listening - and for honoring https://www.eveonline.com/article/p4ejjg/balance-changes-coming-in-the-march-release

We decided to hold off until we can also ship a new module to replace the mass control for wormholers.

– C

2 Likes

I believe It’s up to 10% over/under mass

1 Like