Update on HICs and Wormholes

Still no buff for the Tarranis which was debuffed when it received nullification bonus?

2 Likes

I find it funny, how CCP was honking about nerfing FAXes in april because superblobs are invincible and somehow we get at least three major changes to three different game mechanic that strongly favor nullsec krabbing. And promised FAX nerfs postponed on top of that.

Moreover, last minute HIC changes without any community consultation whatsoever, just “we have to do it and we will do it”. Someone in thread pointed it out perfectly. CCP outwardly gives notice of general “sucks to be wormholer” and then backouts just a little. Then acts like we should be thankful for this act of mercy. Truly inspiring. And who asked for these changes anyway? Yeah, thought so.

Make nullsec even safer than before! All hail solo ratting online.

6 Likes

bring em to the table tactics man. we are supposed to say ty dontchyakno. there are better solutions I think, to all of the purported problems.

WH Mass is limited, T3s are the best impact/mass ratio aaaand we still lose SP with every T3. Your F1 monkeys throw around capitals like candy without any impact and insurance covering most of your losses as if capitals are nothing special compared to T3s .

lmao. everyone has to deal with t3 sp loss, and my alliances most flown ship is the loki by a huge margin skill urself | Topalltime | Alliance | zKillboard
you aren’t special just because you have a III/ in the corner of ur maxtank slaved legion which never dies, sorry sweetie you’re still an f1 pusher even if you have a neut or two

We got moon ores… inferior moon ores… half a year after Nullsec. While we don’t even have the chance to move around the ships that are required to mine it on a level where you could say its worth it for anyone who is in the game for more then two years. You nullbears build a rorq and can mine on 150 moons with a whole rorq fleet in jumprange of your capital fleet. We got nothing that could even come close to this.

wormholers cried so much that they managed to make ccp change wormholes to have moon ore despite it being a defining feature of wormholes prior that they didn’t. bravo.
being in range of a super umbrella with a rorqual is less safe than being entirely out of the rain in a house with a small door that breaks and blocks the path if too many people use it

So that “wormholer victim complex” maybe comes from the fact that we ARE the vicitms

LMAO

I made myself a ratting toon the other day, 60 days old it has made me 7bil isk in a simple VNI.

whats the characters name? ( i don’t believe you )

1 Like

Interesting, isn’t EVE adapt or die. And those wh whiners you don’t have to live in a wh you could go out.

If you want it a wh is stil a isk print so stop giving me more salty tears my collectors are running over.

The thing is, if wormholes would only work like Shattered today nobody would ever venture into them anymore. I mean why do people live in wormholes ? Because it’s their super sekrit pocket of space and not because they like the visual effects of the environment (can’t think of anything more worth dipping into a shattered… ^^).

[Cough] … Lazer-Knocks … [Cough] … Wormhole CFC … [Cough] … Hard Hawks … [Cough, Cough] …

The funny thing about comments like this is watching how null bears wail and moan when there are minor changes that have a marginal effect on them.

Rorqual was rebalanced and there were all sorts of threats to unsub, etc. Fax’s got rebalanced and people were losing their damn minds! Neither of those changes altered fundamentally how people did things but still…

The words pot and kettle come to mind.

1 Like

dude! STFU please… you know nothing about this game …

I for one would like to express my deep concern that people are too easily silented again by a single bullshitting dev post. A single one. And worse, it lies into their damn faces and they eat it, smiling, praising the devs like a bunch of kindergarten children, waiting for the next time this happens again. And again. And again.

you aren’t special just because you have a III/ in the corner of ur maxtank slaved legion which never dies, sorry sweetie you’re still an f1 pusher even if you have a neut or two

“Sweetie”, I take on carriers with 5-7 subcaps, my Legion does die. Unlike you turds I am not a F1 monkey that blops everything with 60 T3s.
How about YOU start using capitals that have a much higher impact? Taste some of your sweet “why can’t you just adapt?” Wormholers simply can’t. If you chose to use T3s over capitals for the comfort of traveling thats your own fault.
Never said T3s make wormholers special, but for a proper impact thats our only choice that is still inferior to capitals and more expensive.

Even a proper fit T3 doesn’t get close to a simple carrier for the same cost and the SP loss is about 1,3bil in injectors on top. And hey, a carrier loss is even covered by insurance. So a carrier loss shrinks down to something like 400mil while a T3 loss for the same value is 2,5bil.

wormholers cried so much that they managed to make ccp change wormholes to have moon ore despite it being a defining feature of wormholes prior that they didn’t. bravo.

Mining is a nullsec feature now?
You already had unlimted mining. CCP gave you moon ores and some higher tiers of the ABC ores on top with every moon as if minig in NS isn’t completly out of control already.
While wormhole content can’t keep up in any way thats what I would call “beeing the victim”, because those changes benefit nullsec 10x more, you call that “wormholers whining untill they get a nullsec fearture.”
Are you out of your mind?
Oh, we got the moon Ores? I don’t give a ■■■■, they are useless, still inferior and impossible to haul around in WH in any quantities worth mining. We would have to set up industry for that just to shrink it down which is another couple bil not protected by asset safety JUST TO MOVE THAT STUFF and then still make MUCH less isk out of that.
So whats your point again? WH cried till they got a Nullsec feature that is not even worth to look at for wormholers? Find the one who got the better deal please.

Every acitivity in nullsec is safer, generates more income and has less isk investment for the same level of skillpoints and time required.

I don’t give a damn about this mining, but please please please don’t tell me how “wormholers have a safe isk making place compared ot the unsecure nullsec”. Thats distilled hypocrisy.

While you fail to make any point to proof what you are saying look at what the bigger wormhole alliances did in the past year… wow they all moved to nullsec.

being in range of a super umbrella with a rorqual is less safe than being entirely out of the rain in a house with a small door that breaks and blocks the path if too many people use it

Guess what, we don’t even have supers and you have 7 minutes + the time you can tank the incoming damage.
When you manage to get tackled despite having intel bots and 100 highly organised people drop on you and you can’t get anyone together to defend you probably should die! You live in nullsec, stop crying!

You can bubble your gates and even scoop them up again when you are done. Only ceptors can pass those bubbles and… oooh look, they are taking away nullfication for half of all ceptors!

The chances of rolling directly into your system is 1 out of 2500!
You have a 0,04% chance of someone rolling directly into your system! Thats 1/5 of the chances someone rolling into our WH.

And now that the only way to do SOMETHING in wormholes, that isn’t better in nullsec in every aspect, is rolling WHs for fights is about to taken away or only able to keep up with major struggle and extra hours of work every day you call that a victim complex. Thats exactly the reason you no have no clue what you are talking about.

LMAO

Now thats is a good point. Not.
Everything in the past years favoured nullbears, made their space safer, gave them asset safety, more mining, more profit per m³ mined, more capitals to switch around because they can simply dock them, higher ratting payouts, unlimited ratting, intel channels, alts that pay for themselfes while ratting (sure we can do that one too… in nullsec, lol).

If you can’t make a point you shouldn’t quote me on that.

whats the characters name? ( i don’t believe you )

Starting from the 25th of July

I have made 7,8bil in payouts, payed 10% taxes bought myself 3 injectors just for the hell of it,

and 10 VNIs just to sit on a nice buffer because sometimes they just get killed.
I got another 1,2bil in loot from faction spawns and 460k in LP that should go for close to 700mil.
I haven’t had a proper faction drop yet (two, worth 90mil together). If I’d go for pure payout It could be even higher, but I prefer the fun of rolling the dice.

So… yeah, I lied, indeed its 8,9bil. That toons doesn’t even had gallente cruiser on V, and the VNIs are about 100mil each without any bling. So its just getting started since I was sitting on heavy drones 3 and gallente cruiser 3 when I had my first payouts.

By november it is able to do the escalation by itself, so the profit goes even higher if I want to do something active. I haven’t plexed yet, but thats stil 6,7bil (two months old, 3bil in plex) I can carry out and on the long run I could also stick with the VNI I and have the toon paying with its SP. So I can take out that sweet 8,9bil even if I continue beeing unlucky on drops… oh wait, Gallente cruiser V finished yesterday, so migh ticks go even higher from now on.

So according to my calculation I should be sitting on 4bil isk now in my wallet
7,8bil ./. 10% for tax = 7,02
7,02 ./. 2bil for injecotors = 5,02
5,02 ./. 1bil for the 10 VNIs = 4,02

I guess that 210mil gap was spent on skillbooks and ESS of all flavours.

And here comes the fun part:
The best isk I make as a wormholer is in nullsec, paying 10% taxes to a corp that is renting from Skillurself. Oh boy, if I want to make isk that is anywhere near good I am even paying you! (Or any other nullsec entity directly or indirectly). You are even buying my escalations, profiting even more from the isk I make.

Man, you Nullsec life is so hard, really. Creat a fresh toon, train it for two months and pull 5bil isk brain AFK while playing your main for about 6 hours twice a week.

7 Likes

I just had a nice idea about your “whining to get the same”… how about everyone in your company gets a 10% raise every year but you.
And now we take away your car because in theroy you could walk to the office every day, so everything is still fine. According to your logic that should be totaly okay with you, shouldn’t it?

Because when everyone gets something but you, it would be totaly is a “victim complex and mentality that […] deserve[s] special treatment”.

2 Likes

give us module that will reduce mass at beginning of jump then increase ship mass while jumping the wormhole so we still can effectively roll said wormhole without need 500mn hics

But what? the porpoise can do exactly what the hics were doing, including closing small wh’s…

You imply that CCP actually think through all the consequences of their implementations. That certainly wasn’t true in 2009 and I doubt it is true even today :grin:

Except it was with a far higher chance of the wormhole closing on the way out.

A multi bubble hic can have a tiny mass.

1 Like

porpoise can be locked out of a wormhole dude… sometimes the mass needed to close is under the weight of an inty, the only ship that can achieve collapse in this case is the HIC which can go as light as a pod, the porpoise will just get stranded on the other side…

And porpoise mass just ■■■■ up any bs rolling prior to it, due to it’s mass hyggsed that doesn’t fit in the calculations

we have one, its the hic + multipled bubbles fitted. as is. if theyd just not break it, and instead make the bubble activation force a recycle on the prop immediately, the lurch hic would go away and everything else would function like normal. easy imo.

only a csm member would think that rolling holes would b a good role to balance a porpoise around. wheres Brisc*? no, don’t call him out! was just curious :wink:

edit: *

I just double checked to be sure… but porpoise is definitively not a good choice… 9000 T cold with hyggs anchor, 19000 t hot… compared to the 300 t of the hic while bubbled and 120 000 t while going hot, i think HIC is winning.