Update on HICs and Wormholes

WIIIIINGSPAAAAAN!

I don’t know if I should write “thanks for listening to us” or “why didn’t you listen the first time so we wouldn’t have this mess?”.

I’ll go with the thank you.

6 Likes

Rise is the hero of the people.

There is so many implications around this and other changes in incoming patch I don’t really know where to start.

First of all, thank you for apologizing for “sounding dismissive”. We, wormholers, are already used to that treatment but hearing pretty words always make us feel that radiant warmth in our hearts.

Secondly, thank you for reminding us directly yet kindly, yet again, you’re able and willing to change core game mechanics to mess up with basic lifestyle of everyday wormhole capsuleer just to provide some level of comfort for one group of people. We, wormhole people, wouldn’t feel as dismissed as we are without your support.

I’d like to interject, however. You pretty much like to use statement “orginal vision” yet you keep stray from your vision, now ever often than before. That dark, cold and uncertain areas of space, now being stripped away from aura of uncertainty because of “design decisions”. I’d like to know, when was orginal vision when you decided to add new signatures and anomalies popping up when they spawn, all without blanket-scanning them down first? Where were all this randomness of wormholes when you decided to cut down amount of wormholes leading into nullsec systems?

I’d like you to be consistent.
Hiding behind “design decisions” when you want, jumping straight into “orginal design” when it fits.
When everything fails - remaining silent because questions are not comfortable to be dealt with.

I want you to treat us, wormholers, like all other players. And other players to be treat as you treat us. Consistency. Fairness.
Just because nullsec ratters are feeling a little bit uncomfortable with some wormhole connections in their system doesn’t mean you have to change orginal design. Just because intie fleet can fly through bunch of bubbles and gnaw it’s way for dozen of minutes through capital ship doesn’t mean you have to change your design decision. Just because some guy with ECM fitted jams fighters and forces them to dock up doesn’t mean you have to change core game mechanic. And that’s exactly the same thing with 500MN on HICs.

You tell us to adapt. Why doesn’t nullsec want to adapt?
Try to be consistent. Be fair.

5 Likes

This entire thing is a ■■■■-show, really.

500mn hics aren’t breaking anything. There’s no reason to fix them. The issue isn’t that 500mn hics exist. the issue is that fleets exist in where a ship like a 500mn hic can work. Basically, you’re sacrificing dps, tank, and cap stability for go-fast. But if Capsuleer ingenuity is a problem for the devs, I think there are deeper problems in CCP’s management than just “500mn HICs are op and need to be fixed”.

On the flip side, why are we caring that ■■■■ gets harder for wormholers? I’m all for making wormholes more uncertain. Wormholes are supposed to be uncertain and dangerous. Tools like the rolling HICs, higgs rigs and yachts ruined that for wormholes.

And if the vision was to make habitation of wormholes limited, why the hell would you allow anchoring citadels (especially super class citadels) in wormholes? The dichotomous messages CCP sends by its management decisions shows they don’t have their heads on straight.

CCP made it easy for vast wormhole empires to establish and gave us the tools to manipulate and inhabit wormholes. These empires wouldn’t be so vast if everyone was still living out of towers in j-space.

tldr.
CCP messed up pandering to large WH alliances, and is continuing to do so.

I’ll miss my 500mn hics, but their usefulness out of hole rolling and large coalition fleet fights is limited to none. So it’s w/e. I welcome the idea of ‘safe hole rolling’ going away. Wormhole space is supposed to be dangerous and risky.

3 Likes

you’re not buying into this shite, are you?

2 Likes

Ok, you can now make nullsec even more of a safe swamp with your nullification changes etc. We in WH don’t care, just don’t touch us.

2 Likes

You spend the last three days crapping on me as I try to calm folks down and let them know what at least one CSMer is advocating internally to get this fixed, and now that CCP has agreed to do it and made the announcement, you’re saying it was all a ploy?

/sigh

4 Likes

I don’t see what the CSM has to do with a decision they were informed about but didn’t make.

Shhh. Don’t you go sticking your facts into their narrative!

1 Like

…because we’ve never seen such behaviours elsewhere, have we? :roll_eyes:
How many examples of other Pilots across New Eden, including long-standing and high-ranking elements in [dominating] Alliances and of NS could fingers point?

#notallwormholers is apt; for an entire demographic to be judged on the actions of a few bad individuals, well we could be thankful the same isn’t equally applied across the entire player-base…

Slipping out of WHs to go BLOPS a heap of Rorqs in NS or whatever is as much needed as NS’ growing a pair and sieging/evicting someone’s WH. :sunglasses:

Encourage the diversity, enable the sandbox #thisiseve

1 Like

OK so thats progress of a sort. Better than nothing but not really up to the level I’d expect from CCP.

Want to change HICs… how often are they used in a game breaking way (catching some farmers super say…) vs say used by WH people to roll a hole? I would suggest that the VAST amount of use is WHs. So why change it at all?

Are you really still happy with utterly hammering ECM out of the game? A line of ships that will be utterly useless after CCP ‘fixes’ them?

Can you recognise that the source of this is a CSM dominated by 0.0 power blocks who are pushing their own interests not whats good for the game? With the exception of that one midslot everything in this unbalanced pass is just another step in making null sec safer for crabbing.

6 Likes

I originally suggested in the original thread that it smelled like a stunt. you can call it a ploy. that’s ok too.

what im currently saying is that this is a Band-Aid to cover a self inflicted wound that was not necessary in the first place. there are other ways they could resolve the lurch hic without upending numerous other methods of oversized prop fits on hics. the new module will not have been properly vetted, as is evidenced by the current lack of ANY details on its stats or limitations or Anything really. its just a promise to rush a fix to a fix for a break that didn’t need to happen.

but you and arrendis, in your own individual ways are exceedingly skilled at convoluting things further, rather than looking for simple resolutions to specific problems.

which is why your posts smell of … dung.

2 Likes

Do we really need a new module for fixing this? Can’t you just flag either hics to be unable to use 500mn mwds or flag 500mn mwds to not be fitted onto hics? Wormholers use 100mn AB for rolling hics… just wondering… please make sure the module enables frig hole rolling.

And if you make a module as such why not make it available for any cruiser… we only use hics because it is the only mechanic with the bubbles to get frig holes shut, we’d much rather roll with cheaper ships but nothing else fits through atm so the holes regenerate faster than it’s possible to put mass onto them.

CCP Rise - a man of integrity.

or they could make the activation of a bubble shut down the mwd cycle immediately, forcing the pilot to reactivate it, upon reactivations the bubble penalties would apply. viola, luch hic is no more.

not that it was ever THAT prominent in the first place, as some csm and others have tried to imply. these are ns struggles mostly, and ns seems to be unable to consider ramifications beyond their own segment of space. they don’t mind breaking 10 ways of playing that they don’t use themselves, as long as it resolves the problem they dislike the most. that’s the theme of this entire patch.

im giving some of the supporters of this ‘balance’ a lot of deserved grief, because they are not being entirely honest in the Reasons they support the changes. there is backend stuff here that they don’t wana mention or talk about. there are other ways to address the purported ‘problems’ that would Not also achieve their unmentioned goals. I would call it dishonest, but its more omissive than anything.

3 Likes

Thats not what I saw. Your efforts were inflamatory, quite the opposite from calming.

Perhaps if you weren’t so self-aggrandizing from the start, the community might have been more willing to co-operate.

Inflamatory comment that you made…

Self Aggranizing comment…

Flip flopping from one side to another

then in reply to someone suggesting that WH citizens have representation

I could continue, but at this rate, it’s clear that you’re completely detached from reality. It would be much better if you just stopped typing, and let people simmer down.
At this point, it’d be like beating a dead and very stupid donkey… it’s not going to move, nor is it going to get smarter.

8 Likes

This is wonderful and all but i think the important issue was the poor griffin navy. CCPls don’t let the griffin navy die like this

CCP chickened out due to a minor outrage. CCP goes gutless again,

2 Likes