Ursula K Le Guin, sci-fi and fantasy author, dies at 88

(Ian Morbius) #1

Great author. Loved her books The Dispossessed, and The Lathe of Haven. Always wanted more.

Ursula K. Le Guin, Acclaimed for Her Fantasy Fiction, Is Dead at 88 - NYT

Ursula K. Le Guin, Whose Novels Plucked Truth From High Fantasy, Dies At 88 - NPR

(Yiole Gionglao) #2

It’s a sad day. The left hand of darkness is a fascinating novel and describes one of the best alien societies I’ve read about. Also the Earthsea series haves a unique approach to high fantasy (one where feminist-inclined people can read a lot of subtext, specially the later books).

(Nana Skalski) #3

I did read the Earthsea series, also couple of novels. I think they are really good.

o7 Ursula

(Jeremiah Saken) #4

Was it feminist or just feminine way of see the fantasy?

One of the best fantasy writer :sob:

Born the same day as I am apparently.

(Yiole Gionglao) #5

I didn’t qualified her view, just pointed some interesting context in those books.

(Jeremiah Saken) #6

Well i didn’t see it, but read only Earthsee and Ekumen series.

(JC Mieyli) #7

wow you are 88 and you play eve

(Jeremiah Saken) #8

I was unprecise. The same day of the year not same day and the year. But it would be something. I would fly only the Nestor :wink:

(Khergit Deserters) #9

I’ve only read The Left Hand of Darkness, but it was a great one. One of the most memorable SF books I’ve read. Somehow I can still picture a lot of the scenes, as if they’d been in a movie.

(system) #10

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.