Ursula K Le Guin, sci-fi and fantasy author, dies at 88

Great author. Loved her books The Dispossessed, and The Lathe of Haven. Always wanted more.

Ursula K. Le Guin, Acclaimed for Her Fantasy Fiction, Is Dead at 88 - NYT

Ursula K. Le Guin, Whose Novels Plucked Truth From High Fantasy, Dies At 88 - NPR

5 Likes

It’s a sad day. The left hand of darkness is a fascinating novel and describes one of the best alien societies I’ve read about. Also the Earthsea series haves a unique approach to high fantasy (one where feminist-inclined people can read a lot of subtext, specially the later books).

1 Like

I did read the Earthsea series, also couple of novels. I think they are really good.

o7 Ursula

Was it feminist or just feminine way of see the fantasy?

One of the best fantasy writer :sob:

Born the same day as I am apparently.

1 Like

I didn’t qualified her view, just pointed some interesting context in those books.

Well i didn’t see it, but read only Earthsee and Ekumen series.

wow you are 88 and you play eve

I was unprecise. The same day of the year not same day and the year. But it would be something. I would fly only the Nestor :wink:

I’ve only read The Left Hand of Darkness, but it was a great one. One of the most memorable SF books I’ve read. Somehow I can still picture a lot of the scenes, as if they’d been in a movie.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.